2016 Indie of the Year Awards and Hotfix

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by EleonGameStudios, Dec 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Reaper

John Reaper New Member

Congratulations and Happy New Year's to all.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  2. markoredflag

markoredflag New Member

GUYS, UNTIL NOW IM VERY ASTONISHED, REALLY? REALLY? YOU ARE ON FOURTH PLACE?
    WHY? I SEE THE OTHERS GAMES , AND THERE IS NO COMPARISON. EMPYRION IS BETTER IN ALL ASPECTS.
    YOU WERE IN AN UNUSUAL COMPETITION. THE FIRST PLACE IS EMPYRION WITHOUT DUE ANYTHING.
    SIMULATION WITH OTHER TYPES OF GAMES , IT"S FAIR
    I WOULD NOT PLAY ANY OF THOSE GAMES, EVER.
    IT WAS NOT A JUST CHOICE.
    FOR ME, YOU ARE THE CHAMPIONS.

3. Christianholmes

Christianholmes Active Member

If space engineers had a true survival aspect it might be fun, but it's just annoying. I spent about 20 minutes trying to figure out how to "build a blueprint" and I still have no idea.

More NPCs, enemies, food, oxygen, etc- Empyrion is a pretty in-depth survival game which is not overly complicated, but takes a long time to get really good at. Plus it has spaceships. It's just more my style of game. I would love to see better physics, but certainly not the awful lag and crashes of SE.

4. Christianholmes

In all fairness, "Rimworld" is a fucking amazing game. You can't really compare the two since they're apples and oranges, but I can see why that game won. I think in it's own category, Empyrion is the best.

5. mR_kAt

mR_kAt Active Member

For the record I voted because you are the best development team I've seen in a long time. You've been outdoing all expectations.

I noticed the mining laser on that CV. Very nice!

I worry however with increasing ease of material gathering (food as well), survival aspects of the game will be come more trivial. Please don't forget your original concept for the game and that it did include survival. After all it is called Empyrion: Galactic Surival. Not Empyrion: Galactic Conquest and Construction. I'd love to see some new survival elements added. Anything... it has been a more months then I can count.

6. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Well-Known Member

To be fair, Survival may take on a more Galactic Meaning in the future, like via having to survive from Galaxy to Galaxy vs Aliens that have Eons of head start at Galaxy Colonization, means to protect their Space, & a very vehement lack of desire to share this Space with us Humans. Who knows? Someday the Space Playfields could hold roving battlegroups of actively patrolling Aliens that also actively hunt you down, even from System to System, if they find you... ;)

Lhetre, Hive and michaelhartman89 like this.
  7. Christianholmes

I agree with this. The only challenge in the game is survival. After you become ore wealthy, it's just deciding when you've had enough. There's no challenge.

We need goals- the mechanics are fine, and I enjoy the missions- but they're so disjointed. How about a 20 mission "campaign" where you start from the pod, do whatever you want- and visit some particular structure to start the campaign- like most role playing games.

I'd love to see more Skyrim type skills that increase as you use them.

8. banksman45

banksman45 Well-Known Member

I have to agree. I feel like I need a Engineering degree to play Space Engineers, it took me 2 weeks just to get a ship off a planet and stay in orbit without falling back to Earth . It didn't take me that long to learn Kerbal Space progam. lol I think SE tried to make the game too real to point where it wasn't fun anymore. I would like to see better physics in Empryion as well but beyond that I'm happy with the game.

9. Frigidman

Frigidman Well-Known Member

Well if SE wasnt so riddled with problems that have gotten away from the inept developers... the complexity and realism would not be THAT complex to deal with. It just sucks when you do everything correctly, and take off, and then some glitch rips a hole in your ship and pulls part of your base apart, and then explodes half a planet... because of shoddy programming skills. In short, SE's problem isnt SE... its KEENSWH. Its no wonder they lost their following and votes.

EGS is on the correct path. They do and will continue to do amazing work, and people are seeing this.

10. Tyrax Lightning

Quoted for Truth. :)

Not to mention Eleon shows its superior Intellect & Wisdom by actually NOT ignoring the Bugs & the serious harm they can pose to Fun Factor.

I watched a person leave the WASD Games Server (Via Chat) just last night as of the time of this Post because him & another Server peep tried to have a fun friendly CV vs CV Duel & this peep died in the first single Salvo of Combat to the "Player & Innards asploding & dying while Outer Hull unaffected" Bug rearing its ugly head AGAIN... I failed my duty as Admin & failed to rectify the situation... :( (& no I don't care if it was only my 2nd day of my entire life i've ever been an Admin before. I take Duty seriously...)

& that was with Eleon doing a bang up job TRYING to squash Bugs as best as they can. Keen is completely blowing off their Bugs & treating them little different then how a Super Villain would treat ordinary civilian people. I seriously don't understand why SE hasn't been completely utterly full blown abandoned to the point of bleeding & hemorrhaging Players to death... I mean the SE Devs's total disdain for their Player Base really is blatantly obvious... o_O

Lhetre and banksman45 like this.
  11. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

This is less of a bug, but more a sync issue.

12. Tyrax Lightning

Sadly even if I had known this at the time it was happening, I don't think it coulda saved me from failing as an Admin... :(

13. Christianholmes

They are pretty on the ball compared to most indie teams. I like how quickly they add features as well, just wish there was more SP content added, most things recently are for MP.

14. FRAGaLOT

FRAGaLOT Active Member

I started a new game starting on Masperon, and it didn't take me long to realize there are no natural deposits of Sathium on Masperon's moon, nor in the asteroids floating around in orbit. I can't even find Sathium ingots in POI loot boxes. I have found Flux Coils, and Power Coils in down space drones but only found 2 space drones in space, not enough to build a CV (since every engine needs a flux coil) to get out of orbit and visit places I know have Sathium.

So please, put some Sathium somewhere for players starting on Masperon. thanks :D

15. Wayfinder

Wayfinder New Member

Oh yeah didn't notice that ...very cool !!!!!

16. mR_kAt

mR_kAt Active Member

I was speaking about for player vs. environment playstyle, not player vs. enemy. The very challenge of surviving alone on an environment hostile to human life (lack of air, edible food, water, cold or heat)... this is what I am talking about. Survival sometimes it the hardest in real life when there is nothing but you versus the elements.

Focus thus far has been on PvP and PvE. These are all forms of combat and conflict but nothing has been added to make basic survival more challenging for fans that like that sort of thing. If anything, the new mining HVs and other creature comfort has lessened the challenge to a minor one. It's getting worse patch after patch.

The one thing I would like to know from the developers is if they are changing direction in the genre of this game? Do they plan to add more survival elements to it, or is this the end of that part of the genre as we know it?

I'd love it if there were settings that could be tweaked easily to limit wild food growing outside or, even slow down the mining rate or drills. Maybe a thirst gauge can be added, then foods can have certain kinds of water content for your survivor? I made a post earlier on how these latest updates are causing havoc and headaches on our survival server. I hope players like ourselves aren't left behind in the dust....

17. Tyrax Lightning

Ahh, I see. In that case it's as simple as this game is gonna have a BIG Foundation to rest on & that Foundation is still getting worked on. In addition to possibilities like Heat, Cold, Thirst, & such, there's also still work to do on eventually Implementing Real Planets, the Procedurally Generated Galaxy, Volumetric Liquids, Air Pressurization, Shields, etc. There's still a long road ahead on this.

XeroTerragoth likes this.
  18. mR_kAt

mR_kAt Active Member

Two comments and thoughts I have made regarding what could be added to help players who enjoy realism and the survival aspect of the game:

"I've tried using the new t1 drill (also t2) and I've run into a problem. In the past patches there was an option for slow mining or clearing of tunnels. I normally build my bases underground, so the option to drill quickly (with no acquisition of ore or rock dust) was quite welcome to me. However, I'd like the option to drill slower then the normal mining rate so I can smooth out passages easily. Right now it is a push and pull game by adding filler and stripping it away and still I can't get the proper look I need because the drill is too touchy. It eats away ground too quickly with a single click, so an option for a slower speed would be greatly appreciated!

I've also noticed that items are building too quickly on "slow" constructor game settings. Many or most of the items have the same build time which should not be the case if a player selects "slow" constructing. After all the option is there for a reason. ;) It seems like these gradual changes have not been noted over the last series of patches under their notes but are "snuck" in there by accident or overlooked. I myself, choose slower constructor speeds for a server because I don't like the idea of huge fortresses springing up in a single night. It hampers our style of PvP and PvE, being able to recover so quickly. We like the challenge the "slow" speed brings.

A final request, can there be a tweak to the yaml settings or a slider setting to single player itself, when it comes to mining speed? All of these new changes and additions of drill HVs have greatly reduced the time it takes to strip a planet bare of minerals. Since we play on the "Poor" resource deposit setting (and love to have competitive resource wars as a result), we'd love the option to slow down the drilling rate on all of the hand held drills and HVs to be able to meet with our survival server play style. I understand many people love the mining speed as it is now (and we all do respect that and hopes it brings many new players to the game), we also hope you consider the players who don't enjoy the increased rate. Giving us an option at the main menu to slow down the drill rate (or even a server toggle) would be a big welcome to us as many are unhappy on the server.

I myself find that more options please the player base most and if this can be easily implemented it would be a real help, thanks!"

"At the get go, Empyrion Galactic Survival, was sold as such. A survival game with building elements and PvP/PvE. In it's early days, survival was more challenging. They even had a little temperature gauge in the game. It had no purpose and oddly it is still in the code, but I'd expect it was going to be used for more survival challenges (Can my greenhouse be exposed to the elements or not kinda of thing). Back then there was less vegetation to forage. A higher reliance on greenhouses to produce food... little things like that. Instead of expanding on those ideas, they have placed them (as someone said so correctly) on the "back burner". I'd like to see for once a patch where it adds something survival related and not just graphical updates or items that really make survival a non-issue in the game."

In a nut shell I'd love more options that are easy to implement so all parties can be somewhat happy with their own playstyle.

19. Tyrax Lightning

Hmm... maybe it'd be cool if the Filler & Flatten function could be applied in more directions then only just the Floor...? What if one could use it on Walls & Ceilings too?

LiftPizzas and Phantom Aria like this.
  20. mR_kAt

mR_kAt Active Member

That would be a GREAT idea! :)

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.