2016 Indie of the Year Awards and Hotfix

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by EleonGameStudios, Dec 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Christianholmes

Christianholmes Captain

You could add a sathium deposit in the playfield.yaml, but you'll have to start over if you don't mind. I'd be happy to do it for you and send it to you.
    I would to see this worked on sooner than later.

I hate the fact that you die and respawn. It should be game over, load from your last backup.

Also, some diseases should work much more slowly- but never heal on their own. Like having the alien parasite bite slowly destroy your vision over several days unless you find an anti-dote. And the open wound makes you walk more slowly until it's bandaged.

It's just too easy- unless you are talking about the insanely over powered alien sentry turrets.

Lhetre and XeroTerragoth like this.
  2. FRAGaLOT

FRAGaLOT Commander

this is an issue that I just wanted the devs to know so they can fix it in the next update.
    I shouldn't have to fix their game on my end. This is a bit of a show stopper who don't know or care to edit yaml files, since we really shouldn't NEED to if you're not into modding the game anyway.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  3. robchatc35

robchatc35 Commander

Maybe the Dev's made it that way. So you have to take the P1 Fortress to get the hardened steel blocks with all that lovely Sathium in them, before you can build your CV.

4. XeroTerragoth

XeroTerragoth Captain

I have a link to my channel in my sig, quite a few shots of newer game footage there. Most of my newer videos have a montage of clips as the intro/outro too. I could just as easily create my own little EGS trailer :D

I might get to creating something specifically for this later tonight for S&Gs (and I play on max settings with great fps of course, so that should help).

5. XeroTerragoth

XeroTerragoth Captain

Yea, I was playing SE with friends over the last weekend or 2 and...it still sucks. Unless you're a builder type who hates combat I guess and doesn't mind boring and repetitive exploration.

Though I will say this much: the building system is better in SE. But that's about it. Literally everything else in EGS stands head and shoulders above SE.

banksman45 and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  6. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

Ehhhhhh.

It took me an hour to make something in Creative mode (in SE), that took me 5 minutes in EGS Creative mode. In SE I absolutely hate their block selection mechanism and hotbar juggling of everything.

I guess if I need to add praise where its due... I do like how 'rotating a block' in SE, is smooth/spins, vs EGS where it just pops the rotation.

The rest of SE building... pain. PAIN. In Survival its even worse lol running back n forth to boxes picking up tons of small heavy parts and welding, and running, and welding, and running, and ... ok, getting off topic.

Lhetre and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  7. XeroTerragoth

XeroTerragoth Captain

I was referring mostly to concept and execution when I said that. They have some interesting options to choose from, not to mention different/more gadgets and devices, the building is more realistic (in part due to some of what you mentioned above lol), and it just feels more immersive and real.

Mind you, that's in concept mostly. In execution, I agree wholeheartedly. The building, while looking good on paper and in videos, is NOT fun in practice - especially if, like myself, you're not a builder type. One of my biggest complaints in SE is the fact that you have to make 50 trips from the cargo box to whatever you're building to construct a component - on some servers, the carry weight is so low you have to make a separate trip for each block.

I think this is a prime example of how overdoing it on the realism can ruin the fun in my opinion. I just like the system's concept better, if I had to choose one system over the other, it would be EGS's system because it's more intuitive and WAY easier to use. Not to mention being unhindered by carry weight speeds things considerably, making building less painful.

Lhetre, Tyrax Lightning and Frigidman like this.
  8. FRAGaLOT

FRAGaLOT Commander

I need the Sathium to make the engines, warp drive, warp tank, Adv. Constructor, etc. You can't use the sathium in hardened steel blocks for that, unless you use it in a blueprint which I rather not do.

9. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Ya can't use the Sathium in Hardened Steel Blocks? Ya mean popping them into the Factory for the BP does NOT raise its Sathium Supply? That could be a Bug...

10. dtmullican

dtmullican Commander

I'm thinking Tyrax is sleepy ;) He doesn't want to use a blueprint :)

11. Tyrax Lightning

Yep, sleepy again. I had a bad day yesterday followed by a bad night followed by this morning having to get up & have no choice but to not be allowed to drink Coffee till I & my Mom drove to a Pac Lab to get a Blood Draw, then getting a Coffee from McDonalds on the way home, & I still feel very under-Caffeinated & tired... :(

12. FRAGaLOT

FRAGaLOT Commander

Did you not read what I just said? Yes I CAN use them in blueprints but I don't want to use the factory. I want to build a ship from scratch.

13. dtmullican

dtmullican Commander

Hope you feel better :)

14. Tyrax Lightning

I tried to read what ya Posted, I just screwed up at it cause i'm not in a great mental state.

Also, if I remember right one of the Multitool Modes is to remove a Block/Device in a way to guarantee getting the Parts only, but it does indeed look like an Oversight to not get the Sathium from the Hardened Steel directly since it was the Raw Ingots used in the Hardened Steel ingredients list if I remember right. This is indeed a problem.

Many thanks. I need it. :)

Captain Jack II likes this.
  15. LiftPizzas

LiftPizzas Rear Admiral

They could put a radial submenu on the "flatten" menu. **dodges flying rotten fruit**

16. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

Hey guys, thanks a lot for all the praise and the support ;-)

We are aware of the fact that a LOT of features might be still missing from the game - especially in terms of exploration and survival..but turns out that those are the most complicated to do and take the longest do implement. We are still building the basic foundation.

Not to tease, you but a lot of long-planned, fundamental changes will happen to the game in 2017 which will improve a lot of gameplay aspects according to your feedback.

Lhetre, mR_kAt, banksman45 and 5 others like this.
  17. Captain Jack II

Captain Jack II Rear Admiral

Now you're just teasing us.

Lhetre and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  18. Christianholmes

Christianholmes Captain

Really excited for the new exploration and survival stuff. I am really hoping for a hardcore mode too- I mean, you could reload a previous save, but no respawning. You can only start fresh.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
  19. Tyrax Lightning

REAL Hardcore would be how Minecraft does it, you die, you not only Perma-Die, but right after the Game auto-Deletes that Save Game. :p

Christianholmes likes this.
  20. Christianholmes

Christianholmes Captain

I'd be fine with that! I pretty much do the same thing, but then I have to reset my server and it's a pain in the ass.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.