6.0E Feedback: NEW GAME START

Discussion in 'Experimental Features Discussion' started by Hummel-o-War, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

PLEASE read through our FAQ before talking about any feature and before suggesting feature changes (that might already be explained in the FAQ)!

Alpha 6.0.x Experimental FAQ: http://empyriononline.com/threads/alpha-6-0-experimental-faq.10344/

Notes @Chapter1 Tutorial Mission:
    - There is an issue with the Story-Tutorial Mission 1 > if you are closer than 100m to the hideout when the task "find hideout" appears, you can not complete the task. Just open the PDA (F1) and manually complete this mission.
    - The "old" tutorials have been removed as they were completely outdated. New chapters, picking up more game mechanics will be added over time.
    - Localization is not yet finished (will be added when the chapter is finalized)

PLEASE DO NOT REPORT BUGS OVER HERE.
    PLEASE REPORTS BUGS IN THE BUG-REPORT THREAD!

2. Daede

Daede Well-Known Member

Can I admin core this thing so all my players can get their stuff from it?

3. Daede

Daede Well-Known Member

I'm gonna give it a shot and see if that works. If it does, it's the best way to incorporate it into MP, IMO

Will report back.

4. Starscorcher

Starscorcher New Member

so a few issues so far from my players
    Taken From Akua Starters
    - no Ingots in Pod or Wreck on any dificulty ( = Bad )
    - no m-bike kit ( = bad )

From an Admin perspective
    - Easy Mode Start should still have ingots and bike kit , medium and hard ok to remove
    ( what is the item name list so we can alter these "broken starts" )

and im interested in the Admin Core idea for the initial wreckage as first player claims it others just get what sin their POD

Also i would like to edit the escape pod contents , how ?

Daede likes this.
  5. Daede

Daede Well-Known Member

You can edit the Items: list for the structure, as well as for either your inventory or pod, I honestly don't know which, as I'm still comparing yaml files to decide if i wanna re-propagate my galaxy or edit the existing one. Leaning towards edit the existing.

6. Starscorcher

Starscorcher New Member

Yea i can see how to alter the wreckage that spawns but i think mos players would prefer it to be all in the POD , also i cant find an item Name List anywhere for things like the ingots

7. Daede

Daede Well-Known Member

Feel free to add me on steam, happy to collab. I have no clue what they're called, either, but we can probably figure all this shit out if we put our heads together. We shouldn't have to, but we do so might as well pool resources. Many hands make light work and all that...

76561198025572547 is my Steam ID.

campcraftyinc and Starwing6 like this.
  8. Pantera

Pantera Well-Known Member

Start by looking at localisation.csv here:
    SP: SteamLibrary\steamapps\Common\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Content\Extras
    MP: SteamLibrary\steamapps\Common\Empyrion - Dedicated Server\Content\Extras

Use ctrl F for search box then search for iron ore for example. & You should be able to find all the names for other items in that also.

Don't overwrite localisation.csv close without saving.

XeroTerragoth and Daede like this.
  9. Daede

Daede Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's where I was gonna start :) GMTA.

10. Starscorcher

Starscorcher New Member

found original POD inventory

Items: [ "Pistol, 50Caliber:250, Chainsaw, ConstructorSurvival, AutoMinerCore:1, IronIngot:350, CopperIngot:300, SiliconIngot:200, CobaltIngot:200, MagnesiumPowder:100, PromethiumPellets:350, Explosives:5, OxygenBottleLarge:5, OxygenGenerator:1, Core:1, GrowingPot:2, TomatoStage1:1, PumpkinStage1:1, CornStage1:1, WheatStage1:1, PearthingStage1:1, DurianRoot:1, EnergyCell:5, LightPlant01:1, Drill:1, BioFuel:5, PlayerBikeKit:1, LightWork:1, Flashlight:1, MoneyCard:3000, AntidotePills:3, EmergencyRations:2, Medikit02:3, Medikit03:1" ]

the Wreckage site only spawns once so if another player sets to private all others are stuffed so its best to hve basic items spawn either in POD or on the players

Ivellios and Starwing6 like this.
  11. rainyday

rainyday Well-Known Member

Some first impressions on the new start.

In SP perspective the new game start seems good. I like the new tutorial, there's bit flavour to it now and seems to be clear enough (Robinson Protocol, lol :D ). So good work on that. I like the idea of starter bases a lot, gives player some foothold on the planet and teaches the basics. Can be ignored easily if player so wants (this being a sandbox game after all). Cool build atleast on Akua - Mad Max is fine but I wouldn't mind seeing some more sci-fi like structures too (we have rust and moss - burn marks would be great addition to that). Maybe somekind of survival habitat that has been launched from the Titan.

Rocks is a good addition to starting resources, like it.

Couple of issues I've ran so far:
    -Tutorial task 'Set Map Marker' can be achieved out of order simply by looking at a map.
    -Drone attacks. As drone's wont attack captured Civilian POI's - and they don't seem to be attacking these new game start bases - drone attacks are something that is now left out of the game pretty easily altogether. I can see players just using starter bases/expand upon them until they have CV and head out of the planet. Drone attacks need to be activated when player activates a base core (or game start base), not just when player puts down a base starter.

So far it seems starting is not harder, maybe even easier. You have less resources yes - but with the addition of rocks and the starter base - you can instantly work towards your first vessel instead of base and you have lots of resources around you. Then again I haven't done Akua start since I started the game originally so I have to try other starting planets too how they feel. I play on medium difficulty.

ion_storm and Daede like this.
  12. Ballard

Ballard Well-Known Member

Am I hearing that there is no more survival constructor? That is heart breaking news.

13. Daede

Daede Well-Known Member

That's up to your admin, now, I guess.

@Hummel-o-War (or anyone else who can answer), have the terrains been updated to include new rock types, etc in the yaml files?

What I'm getting at, here: Can I just paste the wreckage bit into my existing 6.0.5-fresh playfields and allow/deny cv's per playfield, then start a new save and be good to go?

-or-

Do I need to replace all of the terrain and biome data, as well?

14. Daede

Daede Well-Known Member

Nevermind, I got off my lazy and figured it out for myself. All I need to do is incorporate the wreckage.

15. banksman45

banksman45 Well-Known Member

yea I think its gone. I'm not sure about this change . I understand they wanted to please the hard core survival types that love games like Dayz but I think this needs to be a option in the main menu that gives you a list of what want to start your game with.

campcraftyinc likes this.
  16. Ballard

I surely do not mind a hard survival game. I have noticed that once I am max level with cargo containers full of ore and stuff, I lose interest and look for a new game. To me the end game is when you have reached the pinnacle. But I do think we need to be able to craft at least basic things, otherwise how can we go forward?

17. rainyday

rainyday Well-Known Member

@banksman45 and @Ballard Negative, it is not gone. Your stuff is now divided in three parts - your personal stuff, landing pod stuff and starter base stuff. Survival constructor is part of the starter base stuff.

In multiplayer it is likely you won't see starter base stuff as its only spawned once -> has been causing confusion. Admins just need to add constructor to either pod or personal stuff, problem solved.

Ballard and Pantera like this.
  18. Ballard

Thank you. I normally play MP, but tonight after work I will do a straight up SP game start.

dQgnflua and rainyday like this.
  19. joemorin73

joemorin73 Well-Known Member

I am a little confused with the playfield yaml and starting positions. In Part II, this was controlled by the "FixedPlayerStart:" section of the YAML. Now it appears that it is also on the POI's configuration. ("PlayerStart: True") I feel having both these configurations will cause confusion for map designers in the future.

20. banksman45

banksman45 Well-Known Member

Thanks . I found it in the hide out. I see where this would be great for new players but I believe this should be an option in the game menu no need to make everyone do this eveytime they start a new game. It does add a lot for new players.

Ivellios and GoldDragon like this.