A6.0 Feedback: DURABILITY & REPAIR

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by Hummel-o-War, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Gatt

Gatt Captain

What if they used something like the minecraft repair mechanic? The weapons and armor you find in bases are not at full durability. You could combine two damaged pieces together and get a value slightly better than the combined durability of the originals(say we take the good parts of one to put on the other) that could provide us with a reason to keep looking for equipment and not make finding another shotgun or medium armor worthless. I eventually start leaving weapons i find because they are not worth clogging up my inventory

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
    zztong likes this.
  2. zztong

zztong Rear Admiral

Interesting. There's some merit to this suggestion. My preference would be to combine it with aspects of the existing repair mechanic.

Or, alternatively, let us disassemble armor back into ingots/plastic and then let us manufacture armor.

You should be able to throw them into the factory and get credit for their materials. That too could be a possibility for used armor.

Gatt likes this.
  3. Gatt

Gatt Captain

They would have to be combined in the repair station, not on the run. Also different tier weapons could repair with different values. Example it might take 2 to 5 t1 pistols to repair the same amount as one t2 pistol. Upgrade kits could be given a value and used to repair. Not sure about epics, maybe only repaired with upgrade kits or lots of low tier weapons.

4. Requiemfang

Requiemfang Commander

take this a step further, not only does the durability increase but you get a random stat increases by a certain %, heck maybe we could even add modifiers that you get as loot that adjust the % chance of how good the increase would be.

Gatt likes this.
  5. Russian Gaston

Russian Gaston Lieutenant

Let us repair to 100% and remove that stupid cap. It's annoying.

Kassonnade and Morrigan like this.
  6. Supercrab

Supercrab Commander

or make it so you need a item that will make stuff unbreaking

7. Russian Gaston

Or at least, make an advanced repair station (Don't think of putting shitty limits such as at space trading stations only) that is much more expensive that has no cap. Simple :)

Supercrab likes this.
  8. Gatt

Gatt Captain

Despite mostly negative opinions about durability and repair mechanics the devs went ahead and implemented them so im pretty sure they are here to stay. Hopefully though they are willing to tweak,modify, and balance it but there doesn't seem much point in asking them to remove it

9. Russian Gaston

Nah.
    They'll remove the cap and stuff. Taking proper care of your stuff shouldn't be punished.

10. Gatt

Gatt Captain

Or it will probably be one of the first mods available, if they ever actually let us mod the game

11. Frankyln

Frankyln Rear Admiral

I believe there should be multiple methods of repair. Each with there pros and cons.

Repair stations on BA that will fully restore weapons and armor to there current max durability. Dose not fix lost max durability.(represents part fatigue)

Weapon repair kits(craftable) these can repair a weapon while in the field but they can't do a complete repair these kits will cause durability max to drop. Limited stacks they can be costly to carry
    These could be limited even more if they only work for a specific weapon.

Armor repair kit. Same features as a weapon repair kit but for armor

So if you want to keep your weapon in pristine condition never use a weapon kit and bring it to a base for service.

If you have extra weapons and armor they should be able to be converted into repair kits( break down for parts and retrieved ammo from weapons) This should be available to the player anywhere.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
    Gatt likes this.
  12. Gatt

Gatt Captain

I like it. If they ever add any type of skills or traits to the game maybe field repairs could get a reduced percentage chance of damaging durability maximum if you level up your repair skill

Supercrab and Frankyln like this.
  13. Supercrab

Supercrab Commander

and make it so that the advenced repair station can only be found. nice idea!

Russian Gaston likes this.
  14. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

Exactly. I don't mind items having durability - especially now that you can affect how fast they degrade. But to compensate the game really needs to have repair mechanic that rewards - not punishes - you for repairing. Why have a system that just pisses people off? I mean repairing your stuff often just makes your stuff useless faster, that's very annoying no matter how fast the degradation is and how much stuff you can find.

It's very weird because currently I am seriously annoyed by the repair mechanics - and I have tons of armour lying around. It doesn't add to the challenge or anything, its just super annoying. Instead it could be so that items of the same kind are needed for 100% repair. I would definitely have less armour lying around than before - but I would be much happier because I would be able to keep my armour in good condition. I would much rather have one 100% armour than ten armours in 25% condition. If anything, it would only make more demand for items - and I think thats the case with the current system. Devs want to make it so that you cant use one item for the rest of the game, they want to make it so that you have to get more. Which I can understand, just dont like the excecution.

In addition to the good suggestions already mentioned here (remove fixed repair cap, possibility to repair 100% and Field Repair Kits) I have couple small armour/repair suggestion to add:

-Make it so that you can repair an armour that you are wearing without removing it.
    Bit annoying to go to Armor Locker, remove armour, put to inventory, go to Repair Station, put armour to Repair Station, repair it, put armour back to inventory, go to Armor Locker, equip armour. Even if they are literally right next to each other.

-Ability to name/colour/identify/label armours. I want to have sets for specific purposes (EVA, combat etc.) - would be nice to tell them apart in the armour locker easily.

-Let players know when the armour is in bad shape. For example down to 25% durability.