A6.0 Feedback: MAP MARKERS and HUD Markers

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by Hummel-o-War, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
  2. Tigreen

Tigreen Lieutenant

I have 2 thoughts on MAP / HUD markers.

1) The map / HUD markers are a bit fiddly. I place a marker and later it might take 2 or 3 tries to remove it. Seems like you have to click just right to get it right.

2) It would be really nice to have the ability to share markers with other players. Maybe a check box for share with faction or friends...

Love the game, keep up the good work.

3. StyxAnnihilator

StyxAnnihilator Captain

It is easy to edit a marker, just select the list view.
    v6-2_2017-06-11_09-36-16.png

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
  4. Ballard

Ballard Rear Admiral

Overall the map marker system is great. I love the ability to mark a location and have it auto load the name. Remove on approach is also good. Yes, it can take a few tries when trying to remove a marker from a lode or POI. It is more a matter of hitting the marker, and not the location.

5. Tigreen

Tigreen Lieutenant

Agreed, it all works well, its just a bit fiddly to remove markers. Once we can share our marked locations with friends it will be really great.

6. StyxAnnihilator

StyxAnnihilator Captain

You can share markers with your faction on same MP server, learn the list view. Sharing across servers or SP, how is that useful?

7. Atola

Atola Commander

I want to be able to set the color of the markers.

8. Menos

Menos Commander

I like the new marker system, it's very helpful. Also the feature to auto-remove them when you reach your destination is great.

A few ideas:
    - I wish I could share markers with my faction mates.
    - It would be great if I could see my markers on the texture of the planet when in space.
    - Different icons should have different (waypoint-) colors so it is easily distinguishable on the minimap and hud.
    - It would be great if there was a keybind to quickly switch certain groups on and off.
    - Markers on top of a POI will overwrite the name of the POI, which makes it impossible to see if the POI is red or white. Therefore...
    - It would be great if markers fade out/disappear from/move away on hud if you get close to it so they do not obstruct more important things.

Kassonnade likes this.
  9. Repier

Repier Commander

The "SF" button on the bottom right in the Map Markers menu is to share markers with your faction.
    I haven't tried it yet but it does exist.

10. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

I agree entirely with this. I will add that seeing resources deposits and POIs names through walls and hills is quite immersion breaking, and confusing when they superpose one over the other. Names could disappear at a certain range (or at least we could set the distance in the options menu), and this would enforce usage of the markers on the map if the player wants to get to a specific deposit. Having everything showing at all time is not necessary, there is the map to hold all these infos and past a certain distance it only clutters the view. Another option could be to only show info of what is aimed at in a corner of the screen, just like when using the multitool. So if the player chooses (ex. by cycling through view options with F6) to hide or minimize the text on screen, only what is under the reticle (or center screen) is showing discretely in a corner.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
  11. Atola

Atola Commander

Yea, I've had to hit the F6 key to hide all markers before most attacks just to see whats going on. Then i invariably forget to turn em back on :)
    To start with, Id like to be able to NOT turn off markers for moving stuff when i turn off markers for everything else.

rucky likes this.
  12. Jugger On Valium

Jugger On Valium Lieutenant

My only issue with the markers is the insane way the code can't work through the green barrier. Simple 3D pythagoras would make the game realise (and point me correctly to) a waypoint next to me, but through the barrier. Instead, it points me to it, 8 km away!!

Kassonnade likes this.