A6.0 Feedback: NEW GUI

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by Hummel-o-War, Jun 6, 2017.

1. MrFubar

MrFubar Commander

I like the New GUI for filling ships Fuel and O2, but i can never seem to withdraw O2, no matter what number i put in the withdraw, maybe i don't know how to do it correctly, but i tried on multiple devices and could never get it. I feel like the manage button should bring up the old school boxes where you can removes tanks one at a time like it does with ammo.

The new switches to link objects like thrusters right there on the main screen is amazing.

One thing i find confusing though is the add to HUD switch toggle when you are in devices I had pressed this on a cargo box and took me a while to figure out it basically added a waypoint for the cargo box to my mini map which seems useless to me. What would be useful is being able to add it to the ship interface main page, that would give you an open button right there without having to go into devices. For example i would love to have a column down the right where switching stuff is that i could pin my fabricator, and a cargo box or two so i could easily access them without having to switch to the devices tab and find each one.

The only issue I have is the chat text being a little too large and taking up a little two much of the screen, I would love to have a chat box like most games that i can move and resize and adjust the font size, as well as make fade or always stay active.

When you are looting things do not seem to fill your hot bar automatically like they used to. I found an advanced fabricator in a box and was starting to drop items to make room when i did not even realize i had 4 hot bar slots open that just were not filling unless I manually dragged items there. The Motor bike not going back onto the hot bar on pickup is the worst.

My only other suggestion would be to allow a key binding to the loot all arrow in the upper right hand corner to make looting easier and quicker especially for those who are used to many hot keys with gamer mice.

2. MrFubar

MrFubar Commander

I agree completely it is very difficult to understand how the withdraw works, having 1 take out one fuel pack would make a lot more sense to most people.

Ballard and rainyday like this.
  3. Ballard

Ballard Rear Admiral

I gave up completely on trying to withdraw O2 quite a while ago. As far as fuel goes, it seems to work if you select multiples of 90. I have no idea why, I ran across that by mistake. They really need an "Empty all tanks" option. I am normally only trying to get fuel and O2 when I have decided to take a vessel apart. AND: I would be satisfied if a player was required to have metal of some kind, in order to create the packaging.

O2 and Fuel withdrawal are not very user friendly as is.

rainyday likes this.
  4. Skavn

Skavn Lieutenant

At least automaticly fill the input field with the highest amount possible instead of "0" ? This would remove the need to manually (calculate and) type in the number for 99% of my use cases.

Also a "stack all items" and "sort all items (by type/name)" button in the inventory/cargo would be nice.

5. Menos

Menos Commander

New UI is nice, definite improvement over the last one. There are however a lot of issues that need to be fixed.

- I still cannot look at the same UI page as a player from my team. This becomes more important now with the global refill page that also blocks looking at devices. This is a major annoyance for groups.

- Withdrawing power is everything but intuitive. Why not just put the 3 icons of the available power storage items there and allow the player to "take out" those items (which then withdraws the appropriate amount from the system). If there is not enough power or the player has not researched that specific power item yet, it is grayed out. A number of the remaining items available for that particular power item next to it would make it clear to the player how much of what is still left in.

- The UI is too slow when I move items from inventory to hotbar, causing me to drop it into the game world accidentally. There must never be a delay on UI other than for intended gameplay effects.

- Switching "Show on HUD" to on will usually make it impossible to ever switch it back off, leaving you with a constant display of a hud marker till you relog.

- Hovering over an inventory item and pressing 1-9 should move that item into that specific slot.

- There should be a keybind for delete/drop.

- Shift-click should be more consistent. I.E. if I shift-click an item in my inventory it goes to the hotbar, and from the hotbar to the inventory. However if I open a container the item from my inventory will now go to the container, but from my hotbar it will still go to my inventory. In this example things should always go to the container and from there to the inventory.

- Move the "free hands" slot to the left of slot 1. It is inconvenient if I have to roll through my entire hotbar for that.

rainyday likes this.
  6. petrkovarik99

petrkovarik99 Ensign

Please check your GUI, seriously - as an example, I didn't even know I have armor with slots because the slots were so dark they were not visible! And that is quite normal in this GUI.

7. measorgeezer

measorgeezer Ensign

issues i have found

if i select a turret because it doesnt show on the bottom bar - i have to go into devices > select the weapon > either double click or click on Access > then i have to click esc or P to actually use it as the Control Panel does not go away like it should.

This proves costly if you are being fired upon and need to select weapon and manoeuvre the vehicle quickly to avoid direct hits.

It would be great if as already mentioned we could pin a certain amount of items in the area to the right of Ammunition or have hotkeys assignable to items in devices.

The ATM has an issue in that you can use F to get into it to deposit funds but you have to use Esc to exit.

I like to keep my inventory organised the same and find it a complete ball ache every time i die to move the items back into position from dropped backpack - could we have a way of making each square pick a default type when you grab all from a dropped backpack. Also can we have an option to make the grab all arrow close the Cargo box or any other container to enable speedy looting?

Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
  8. DuLux

DuLux Captain

I'm loving the new GUI but it took a couple months... MONTHS...to get used to it.

Since its so hard to stay up to speed on this ever-evolving game, I'd sure love a "Build tree" that helped me discover new drills/devices/etc.

I keep finding new things and my brain just can't handle all the information so it explodes and I have to go to the hospital and they say stop playing the game but I'm like no I can't I need a Build Tree.

ALSO
    I hate the Tech Tree becasue I have to scroll the crap out of it to find everything. It's just not nice to scroll all over the damn place....

at least have the user scroll in only one direction... not 2D.

9. Menos

Menos Commander

Making the GUI Lua-Scriptable definitely would speed up UI development.

10. Diamaht

Diamaht Lieutenant

New HUD is fantastic! Not just the auto fill (which I really like) but the look and feel of the whole thing. So far it been very easy to see any info about my base or craft that I wanted, when I wanted. In the end that's what you want from a HUD so very nice work.