A6.0 Feedback: SCENARIOS

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by Hummel-o-War, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
  2. HippiePeaceLove

HippiePeaceLove Ensign

Hi there, I hope this is the right thread since the original thread for the Dawn Of a Galaxy scenario has been closed. I have a probably dumb question:

I started on the orbital station (hard), followed the prompters, cleaned out everything, got the ship, loaded it full of supplies and am now pretty well prepared... Now, it says I should start the next mission (space race etc).

Question:
    Do I have to proceed with this mission next, or can I first go down on the planet, build my base, conquer stuff etc? Or would this, if I do it before following the mission, prevent any progress further on by f.e. accidentally destroying mission critical POIs, triggers etc?

Many thanks!

3. cmwhee

cmwhee Commander

I'm working on building a scenario, and the thing that I wish I had the most is a command "reload playfield from file"

right now reloading the playfield only seems to reload the file that was ingested by the playfield server at launch time.

Beyond that, the next most helpful thing would be "wipe out savegame and restart"

4. Captain Jack II

Captain Jack II Rear Admiral

I have thousands of saved games!

5. cmwhee

cmwhee Commander

I really wish I could load scenario blueprints directly onto a creative server. As it stands I have to go to the scanrio folder, grab the BP, create a folder, and move it into my Saves/Blueprints. It would be great if all of the Scenario blueprints were available when spawnanyblueprint was enabled

6. Captain Jack II

That's kind of a "thing" as the player could potentially build alien ships when playing the scenario... or am I not on the same page?

7. Menos

Menos Commander

I think scenarios should not limit what the player can use, only what he can build. If someone comes up with a great idea where you need to escape an alien prison in an alien ship, then the game shouldn't stop the creator of that scenario with pointless restrictions.

8. cmwhee

cmwhee Commander

I don't think you understand what I'm suggesting, but this might just be aproblem with the fact that I'm developing the scenario on a dedicated server, and not on the client

9. cmwhee

cmwhee Commander

There's no way to say, "check out at least 1 of the POIs in this group"

for instance, Check: NearPOI, Names: [Names: [WoodCabin, Hongo, Opportunity, CrashedCockpit, CrashedShuttle, OldFarm, EngineCompartment, Shack], NamesRequired:NeedOne, Guiding: Destination

This makes a bunch of things really hard

10. cmwhee

cmwhee Commander

Right now it seems like the only way to populate the knowledge base is by using the RewardedChapters mechanic. I would like the ability to RewardChapters based on tasks as well, so that when you complete one task, it gives you more information that you could use for another task.

11. Duinan

Duinan Ensign

Okay, so I made it to the Danos Mission IV, where I found the instance and disabled the Portal Defense System. At least, the PDA told me I had disabled the system. There were still some turrets on the station, but they weren't firing. And I couldn't damage them. Then, I found out that I couldn't even damage the door to get to the portal. Couldn't open it either.

So, bypassing that with godmode, I was able to jump to the prison and set to work. However, it turns out that all of the ships circling the prison clip through the station, and in the process they destroy the prisoner's gift. And, you can't use blueprints in the scenario. Am I missing something here?

12. der Hausmeister

der Hausmeister Ensign

in the scenario Dawn of Galaxy on the easy starting planet is an outpost called alien scout ship. This outpost contains several special containers you cannot reach because the surroundings are indestructable. i destroyed the spawners but didnt find anything to open the containers ore destroy the core of the base

13. slyreaper

slyreaper Ensign

I came on the forums just to say that the AI is horrible and worse than games from the 90's. I cant stand having to cheat but the danos mission is only beatable using GM later on in the scenario. Getting targeted before you even enter a room, getting shot by an alien inside the bottom of the elevator when you cant even aim down that far but they can aim up to you in the shaft. The actual combat is just painful and not enjoyable in any way.

That being said this is a really nice game with a great base. I have over 250 hrs in to it but its just so frustrating because of stupid things. I used to to multi player.... until some new player in our clan some how raided the inside of my ship even though every door and container had a lock code and I had offline protection.

so I switch over to single player scenarios and find that you have to use GM to get through them... at that point why even waste you're time. Hard can be fun. Getting shot by everything targeting you at the bottom of an elevator over and over... not fun.

medicineman likes this.
  14. medicineman

medicineman Captain

The scenarios aren't doing it for me. I'm not saying they suck or anything because they don't. But ultimately when I hit level 25 this time and had tried out all the version 6 stuff not even the new scenarios could entice me to keep playing. I just conquered my first planet, got a few epic weapons and done, bored.

I tried playing the scenarios hoping it would make things better but it doesn't. The planets are still to small and lifeless. They don't feel right. They aren't "planety." Also the scenario called "dawn of galaxy" has two moons for Maiy "a starter planet" that are both exact mirrors of each other. Same bases evens. I didn't even want to explore farther because what is the point if just at the starter zone the two moons are just duplicates of each other? By the way, Dawn Dev, why not just have one moon then?

I tried to play Voodoo2, but here again I ran into something that was lame. Every time I would restart on masperson I come down in the escape pod at the exact same place. Right by the crashed ship and the admin teleporters. Change seed, same thing.

On the subject of admin teleporters. Please, please make this go away for single player mode. It's just a damned eyesore. An immersion breaking lazy eye sore.

What is needed is a lot more variety. Playing a scenario should be very different from playing the default game but it's really not. Not at all.

With that said having planets that were bigger and more interesting would make a real impact here. Going into a planets atmosphere at high speed has the capability of ripping giant space rocks to shreds. It would be nice if something other than a fiery sneaky instance change was happening when we left or entered atmosphere.

Sorry to be giving negative feedback but ultimately there is nothing to do after level 25 and nothing is pretty and neat/unique enough to go and just look around at it.

Captain Jack II likes this.
  15. Captain Jack II

Well said, and ironically it's a good thing. Keeping folks interested through level 25 is kinda good, with the games current state in mind. If you don't know what to do, you can always download the experimental version and start bug testing. That would really help move things along. ;)

16. medicineman

medicineman Captain

Naw that's work. Game's are supposed to be fun!

Captain Jack II likes this.
  17. Captain Jack II

#Truth. Though they aren't fun unless bugs are killed off in alpha.