Adding Planets - Guides?

Discussion in 'The Hangar Bay' started by Raoh, Aug 19, 2016.

1. Wayson

Wayson Commander

No wall's? And I would guess they would spawn and be persistent until killed.

2. Talk2Rider

Talk2Rider Lieutenant

Just thinking outloud...I believe you can have NPCs spawn either by spawners or by settings in the playfield.yaml for the biome or planet. I'd be interested in knowing the differences between these two methods.

3. Wayson

Wayson Commander

Using the Playfield as the spawner eliminates the need for the a visible item that can be destroyed, and creates a replacement NPC when its killed, then you would have to look at timers and whatnot.

4. Keith Hovey

Keith Hovey Captain

Thats on my to do list to find out actually.

5. Keith Hovey

Keith Hovey Captain

Well... I know if you use the crawlers in a play-field the game will not load.

6. Keith Hovey

Keith Hovey Captain

Same with every creature that has a spawner as Far as i know. I have not tried them all, but what I have tried fails every time.

7. Talk2Rider

Talk2Rider Lieutenant

8. Veronica

Veronica Ensign

I'm collecting information, guides, etc., to put everything related to EGS in one central place - Empyrion.org. (It's new, I haven't even made an introductory post for it anywhere).

What would you like to see there? If all of the information for planet customization is here on the forums, all I need to do is track it down. If you already know where to look for it, kindly point me in the right direction! :)

9. arg821

arg821 Commander

There is already an empyrion wiki page .... do we need another though? The idea is to keep all the information in one place, so making more websites actually does the opposite.

10. Flix

Flix Lieutenant

The Emperion Wiki sucks. I would love to see a better one that doesn't have 50 million video adds

11. XeroTerragoth

XeroTerragoth Captain

I made a video tutorial for this on my YouTube channel if you want to check it out. I'm not sure if it is going to answer all of your questions, but it does go over most of everything I had learned about custom playfields up until then. I've learned more since then and might make a newer and better organized video at some point, but for now this might help.

Dayfvid likes this.