Alpha 4.4.2: Patch

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by EleonGameStudios, Nov 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EleonGameStudios

EleonGameStudios Developer
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Update: Patch (Build 734) - November 26, 2016

This is a client-side only update.

Changelog: Alpha 4.4.2 (Build 734)

Changes / Improvements:
    - Replaced "Round Corner Long Thin" with a more useful shape

Bug Fixes:
    - Fixed problem of missing faces of new block shapes in certain use cases

==============================

Hi Galactic Survivalists,

We just released another patch that fixes several issues introduced in Alpha 4.4.

Please report remaining bugs over here: Bug Reports: Alpha 4.4

Changelog: Alpha 4.4.2 (Build 732)

Bug Fixes:
    - Fixed: Problem that seated players were invisible to others
    - Fixed: Problem that faction players could access other faction player private properties
    - Fixed: Problem that maximal block count in each direction from the core was reduced.
    - Fixed: Problems that enemies were not attacking in "godmode fly" (note that we now have 2 godmodes: "godmode fly" [default] and "godmode invisible")
    - Fixed: Stability problem when vessels were colliding with deco or ground
    - Fixed: Problem that de-constructing Lab deco / Console deco returned components for "Furnishing" blocks
    - Fixed: Problem that de-constructing Light Blocks did not return any materials
    - Fixed: Problem that Round Corner did not fit other round blocks anymore
    - Fixed: Texture problems on block shapes: Wall and Round Slope Edge Thin
    - Fixed: Problem with invisible sides on Slope Half and fixed problem with normals on this block shape
    - Fixed: Texture issue on Ramp Bottom A
    - Fixed: Scaling issue on window Round Corner Thin

Changes / Improvements:
    - Reduced thickness of Walkway Plate to match thickness of normal window
    - Allowing to access everything (other faction's CP, containers) in god mode
    - Lowered height of first person camera when sitting in CV cockpit
    - Increased weapon strength of mounted weapons & turrets against NPCs/drones/players
    - Increased weapon damage of drones against structures/devices by 25%

Last edited: Nov 27, 2016
  2. Pantera

Pantera Well-Known Member

As far as I can tell this is not fixed. Each direction from the core of a CV or BA should be 125 blocks out ?

CV starter block placed down going backwards from the core & cockpit It will only go to 112
    20161124082519_1.jpg

From the left of the core only goes to 113
    20161124083113_1.jpg

From the front it goes to 126
    20161124083505_1.jpg

From the right it goes to 126
    20161124083834_1.jpg

From above & below its correct at 125 each way.

Attached is the save file & a bluprint. When spawning the blueprint in some blocks disappear and all blocks above the core disappear.

Save game: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxkDdP6tImzGYWd4ZnpBeVh5c0k

BP below

edit: To add I have only tested this on a CV but I guess all other starter blocks/cores will be the same.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 24, 2016
    adeadlybutterfly likes this.
  3. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

Will not be fixed until 5.0. Sry for the inconvenience

4. Pantera

Well I guess large ship builds are off until then ;) hopefully it gets solved anyway.
    Before putting a fix out do the devs do what I did above ? place a starter cv block down then count in all directions to see what they go up to.

5. Chucksta

Chucksta Member

Drones and troop carriers are now far too easy to kill, and I have it on the hardest level :(

The current setting(s) should be for the cry moma WoW fanboy level ;)

6. oojimaflip

oojimaflip Well-Known Member

Pants!
    I'm nearly (10 hours away current estimation) finished with Typhon, and while I still have a few other unfinished CV's I'm actually itching to get started on something else.... something a little bigger...
    Guess I'll just have to focus on the others for the time being then, maybe I'll poot out a few more SVs...

Pantera likes this.
  7. Pantera

I think I just heard my pc cry ;)

8. oojimaflip

oojimaflip Well-Known Member

With Joy, of course! ;)

Pantera likes this.
  9. Frigidman

Frigidman Well-Known Member

This was made because trying to shoot fleshy things on the ground with ship level weapons, was really wrong. Unfortunately "Drones" are in the NPC grouping, and it will take the devs a bit more time to split them out so that damage numbers can be re-adjusted so that drones are more considered 'ships' and not 'soft fleshy things on the ground'.

Judging by the HUGE thread of people angry about it taking an array of miniguns and 1000 bullets to kill a spider... vs Drones being a bit more tin-foil... I think the trade off is acceptable for now, that Drones are tin foil.

A better change is coming, dont worry!

---

As for the 'cant build a giant ship anymore' complaints... what is a few blocks? Its a bug, they know of it, it will be fixed (possibly enlarged!).

Plus... with mergestructs now existing, and to be enhanced down the line... making ship sections, and merging them all together later will be a possibility.

So, start building your huge ships in 'sections'!

But for the love of god... color and texture every surface, and detail them, and make them worth being big. Don't just make a big thing for the sake of it being a giant blob of gray metal somewhat resembling something already made ;)

10. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

Very well said.

@GridSize > we are currently looking into this. Yes, there a few blocks missing now compared to pre-4.0 We'll find a solution for 5.0
    @NPC/Drone/Turret balancing > like Frigidman said: NPC/Drones are currently one group.

11. Scoob

Scoob Well-Known Member

Lol, for the record myself, and I'm sure @Zuleica too, were largely in favour of the change vs. drones - a couple of Gatlings should never be the only weapon you ever need - even if selecting "Hard" drone difficulty seems to raise their resistance to said weapons exponentially. The vs. critters etc. side of it was a little silly though. I'd welcome critters etc. being as they are now, with Drones being hard to kill with basic weapons once more :)

The companion weapons discussion here gives some good alternative suggestions regarding weapon balance going forward I feel.

In many ways, the simple addition of a "heavy gatling" fixed gun and "heavy Minigun" turret using maybe different ammo or a "hardened" version might fill a gap for those who love the insta-hit +tracer effect weapons. Positioned a little further along the tech-tree, with associated higher materials cost might balance nicely with the relatively expensive homing rockets, and the hit-hitting but slower projectile speed of the plasma.

Scoob.

Fractalite likes this.
  12. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Member

After a long time away, I have returned back to the wonderful world of Empyrion. Many things have changed, something that is the norma of the developer team and happiness for us the players. You guys keep up the good work developing a game we love and enjoy. Thank you once more.

In the mean time between last day I played Empyrion and this week I restarted again, I became a proud owner of a GTX1070. Alas though, even if it is a strong GPU and manages the game well, I have noticed that my card on the classic HD 1080p analysis , is having tough time. having the details are all maxed, the GPU is loaded 89% and the temeratures are close to 70C (ambient temperature is 23). CPU also follows alike (i7 2600K OCed @ 4,5GHz, liquid cooled), but this is just a blast from the past since the day I first started playing Empyrion when it was on pre-Alpha.

It is not a complaint or something, but it seems that the game remains one of the most taxing on means of PC resources. Playing other games strategy or FPS, I get temperatures around 63C maximum on the GPU with the exemption of Civilization 6 and Ashes of singularity that are taxing similarly with Empyrion. All I have to propose is, if possible and depending of your patch schedules, to try optimize it a little. If it is the nature of the Unity engine, for a game like Empyrion to play like this, then I rest my case. The FPS ofcourse are north 150 but I do not dare to try higher resolutions, not even my beloved 1440p I tend to play other games with my newly aqouired GPU. Consider this as a proposal or idea on makeing better Empyrion a game I feel has many years in front of it to be played and enjoyed bu all of us. Considering playing on lower settings is just a temporary solution. I and, I am sure, many of the players, love to play the game in maximum settings for many ours.

Speaking of ideas, I have one more. A feature that i feel is beeing missing from this game. A headlight attached to the helmet with proper lighting would be awesome. If not from the start of the game, at least somewhere later as a T2 helmet or an upgrade or attachment of the currentone. I find it extremely difficult to be in the water at night with a light on my hand trying to see my path ahead, forced to walk on the bottom of a big lake for example, because while the player has active a device on his/hers hand cannont swim freely like with empty hands or by holding something edible for example or a med kit.

Finaly, I would like to thank you personally for the addition of the Automatic Minning Device, me and others had proposed in the past. it is something much needed, specially as time and development progress and new planets are added, to explore.

TLDR : Please pause content updates (if needed) and try to optimize the game, if possible. As a new feature add the possibility of a light on the helmet of the player. Thank you for the AMD. I feel I will continue to play this game for years in the future.

PS One thing I almost forgot to mention is that with the last two patches when I hit EXIT to close the game, it becomes "not respondinng" and i have to end the process manually. I have started from scratch, I do not use old saves, they where from verions aplha 3.xx something and i deleted them due to the visual changes made somewhere between.This happens all the time even if i do not resume the game but just remain on the menu screen. Laos checked with both the exe and the launcher.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2016
  13. Zuleica

Zuleica Well-Known Member

Build 0732: CV 150mm homing missiles fired from a CV rocket launcher no long seem to home.

Tried multiple times to fire within 500m at a space drone and they simply fly right past.

14. banksman45

banksman45 Well-Known Member

You know what would be nice for 5.0 ? Instead of fixing this, how about Doubling those numbers? Maybe 226 on each side of the core? Just a thought.

15. banksman45

banksman45 Well-Known Member

I still can build a pretty big CV the way it is now but I will wait until they fix it until I start on my super large CV. i just build my mid size CV.

vicomt likes this.
  16. Neo Corricon

Neo Corricon New Member

4.4.2 Changed options in empyriondedicated_nographics.cmd ?
    My server will not come up anymore.
    EmpyrionLauncher.exe crashes when it is called by empyriondedicated_nographics.cmd.

Here is the empyriondedicated_nographics.cmd I have been using for serveral months:

@echo off
    EmpyrionLauncher -batchmode -nographics -logFile Logs\Dedicated_%UDT%.log -dedicated "renntech.yaml"
    echo .
    pause

I got my server to come back up by going back to the default:
    EmpyrionLauncher -startDedi

This means I cannot use a custom dedicated.yaml name.

So, what changed?
    Assuming something did change and I am not doing something wrong, can you PLEASE NOT change command line switches without telling us in advance!!!

Thank you!
    --
    Corricon

17. Frigidman

Frigidman Well-Known Member

Include your server log files, as it will most likely have information on what caused it to stop. Did you do any alterations to your custom yaml recently? How OLD is your custom yaml? But without logs, its kind of a guess at this point.

18. Neo Corricon

Neo Corricon New Member

I will make my question more clear:

Did the development team remove or change any of the command line switches for EmpyrionLauncher.exe?
    There is no need to see logs for a dev to answer that questions.

19. Neo Corricon

Neo Corricon New Member

Here is a better question.

Can you please document ALL of the command line options for EmpyrionLauncher.exe?

The wiki and the server guide are incomplete/outdated.

20. Our Grid

Our Grid Active Member

So I'm not crazy?

I had to change mine too, but after scratching my head a few times and getting it working I shrugged and moved on.

Definitely curious what if any was changed or affected.

Thank You for all the fixes in this 4.4.2 patch though folks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.