Alpha 4.4.3: Patch

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by EleonGameStudios, Dec 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moonsugar

Moonsugar Well-Known Member

The last patch is unusual (by /their/ standards) old - i bet anything, they are working on something really big. 5.0 beta-release?

2. roggab

roggab New Member

Add turrets for small vessel i need this! =D

3. roggab

roggab New Member

And Retractable docking ship's leg this is useful!

4. Our Grid

Our Grid Well-Known Member

My wife and I play together and in our HV or CV, I fly, she shoots. It would be great if we could do this in our SV as well, but I don't think it will happen, at least not for some time. Check out this comment from the mining lasers thread...

http://empyriononline.com/threads/empyrion-needs-sv-mining-lasers.6922/page-2#post-84116

Hummel-of-war seems pretty sure on that one, but ya never know.

5. Curmudgeon

Curmudgeon New Member

Sort of the same situation for my brother and I. In our HV days I piloted and he manned the guns; once we graduated to the SV he was demoted to a purely navigational role and I had to pilot and assume the role as gunner. We don't want auto-turrets or anything on the SV. Actually, we disable all the auto targeting because the range and accuracy is far too good in our eyes. We just started playing Empyrion, so maybe we are missing something, but is there any meaningful role for a SV passenger to fulfill?

I guess we just need to move on to the CV for our prefered style of playing. I assume the CV passengers can't move freely about the vessel during flight same as with the HV and SV, are there any hopes to change that in the future?

6. Our Grid

Right on, it's fun right?

Well I can suggest that you build an enclosed cockpit SV with a back door and ramp you can leave down - you can hot drop your bro on top of a POI - they can't shoot up very well so he can get inside the defenses with a little skill on your piloting and planning on his part - makes for some fun. Wife and I still prefer our HV "tank"; she loves that artillery turret and can snipe the snot out of just about anything while I "radius strafe". We also have turret target functions mostly unchecked - they blow through a lot of ammo on nothing otherwise it seems like.

7. Curmudgeon

Curmudgeon New Member

It is funny that you should recommend an enclosed cockpit SV with a back door and ramp for hot drops as that is exactly what we happened to come up with.

Creative_2016-12-12_22-51-11.png Creative_2016-12-12_22-51-33.png Creative_2016-12-12_22-51-49.png Creative_2016-12-12_22-52-04.png Creative_2016-12-12_22-52-48.png Creative_2016-12-12_22-53-21.png

mR_kAt and vicomt like this.
  8. Our Grid

9. Aernoud

Aernoud New Member

small bug. Does not happen all the time. Only seen it in Multi, but dont use LCD screens in Single.

When I access the screens to type in my msg. Sometimes the text does not change at all after I exit (find the previous text when access it again). Sometimes I can change the msg, but for my the display shows the old msg. My faction members get the new msg. If I enter the LCD screen I can see the new msg. So only for me the old msg is shown.

Does not happen all the time, but happened several times to me now in 1-2 days (placing lot of screens). If I relog the problem is solved.

10. Scoob

Scoob Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've reported this before. A save/reload (SP) or Server restart (MP) fixes it. As such, I wasn't able to snag a save demonstrating the bug, rather you just have to play and wait for it to happen.

Scoob.

11. mR_kAt

mR_kAt Active Member

Just a question. Do you have that ship posted on the steam workshop? It seems perfect for an armed exploration craft. The shutters on the vital parts of the ship are genius. If you don't want to share the blueprint, I understand completely. :3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.