Alpha 4.4: Modular Building

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by EleonGameStudios, Nov 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trokanis

Trokanis Active Member

Love a lot of it. As it's been said about weapon damage from HV's and such I won't add much to it here. I would like to say way to go and good job. Any chance you can tweak the Cargo Boxes. I think it's a little silly that you can have a pretty one that takes up the space of 2 normal cargo boxes, while still only having the storage capacity of 1 cargo box. Still that might have just been a mix up somewhere in the code. Please don't get burned out on working on the game you Dev's are doing AMAZING work. Thanks for all you do.

2. SoCalExile

SoCalExile Well-Known Member

Can we get a Hydrogen-only generator? Seems kinda silly to have to farm a ton of O2 that I'll never use in order to get enough Hydrogen to make enough Fusion Cells to make the exercise worth it.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2016
    ArthurDent likes this.
  3. woowoo

woowoo Active Member

Could use excess O2 for purification (O2-O3)?

4. Kyrt Malthorn

Kyrt Malthorn Well-Known Member

*really wishes for internet at home right now*

5. Cpt_Beefheart

Cpt_Beefheart Well-Known Member

On the subject of reduced mounted weapon damage.. in 4.3 just one of my CV mounted cannon turrets took out every drone I flew near in a fraction of a second, it was silly. It seems now in 4.4 things may have swung in the other direction, but something did indeed need to be done there.

Drones can be a great deterrent for people on foot, but not more threat than a fly to a ship. Since the player advances to a vessel fairly quickly, the drones became useless fast.

Something should be done to make drones more relevant to 'late game', but making the damage they take different depending on what is shooting at them just is not the logical way to go.

Maybe a heavier anti-vessel drone would work here. I'm not sure how you work it in so that it isn't impossible for people on foot, though maybe a drone like that should withstand handgun fire as well as the new blocks. Could maybe only spawn in once player(s) have created vessels or something.

6. Zuleica

Zuleica Well-Known Member

It's not so much that 250 rounds of 15mm in a Zirax face is required to kill it BUT the fact that one round from a sniper rifle in the same face will kill it but the guns from an SV can't kill it FASTER than a hand-held. That is just simply ludicrous.

7. Badomen

Badomen Member

THE HALF CUBE IS HERE! IT'S REAL AND IT'S HERE! ....it's the little things that appease me.

Frigidman likes this.
  8. banksman45

banksman45 Well-Known Member

thanks for the fix.

9. banksman45

Well you can pretty much build any ship or base in this game. Now we just need some animations blocks to have some move able parts but this game is already better than SE and other games in a lot of ways now. I'm impressed by these updates.

10. banksman45

If the devs keep this up Empyrion may become THE Top Survival space game . I've never had so many parts to build with. lol

11. Kieve

Kieve Well-Known Member

Parts are nice. Better colors and textures would also go a long way, but I have to agree they've done an outstanding job with updates so far.

Mostly.

Badomen, Siege Inc., Hive and 3 others like this.
  12. Dinkelsen

Dinkelsen Well-Known Member

Used the modular building feature yesterday to build an actual building for the first time and it is a really cool addition. Cuts down construction time by half if not more. Built one corner of a building and copied it 3 times to finish it. Simply great.

But I do have problems with the setrotation command. Can anyone enlighten me with the correct syntax of that command (or a way to have the game tell me)? All I get is a reset of all angles to zero, when I use anything else than "y".

I was able to circumvent that problem by carefully placing the modules so that they would align correctly when merging but I would still like to know...

13. DJPTiger

DJPTiger New Member

Schöne neue Blöcke und Ideen aber vieles mal wieder Unvollständig! Dazu es ist kein System bei den Blöcken Vollständig irgendwo fehlen immer Übergangsblöcke.

14. Blimy

Blimy Active Member

Fantastic update yet again!

15. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

@turret vs. NPC >> Yes, this is a slight tradeoff for making the Drones a little bit stronger. Will be looked into for 5.0.
    @Shapes >> That't part I of two ;-)

Siege Inc. and Pantera like this.
  16. LiftPizzas

LiftPizzas Well-Known Member

What happened to "combat" this time? Now it takes an hour to damage anything with a ship-mounted gatling gun, NPCs are perfect aimbots with x-ray vision and instant reaction time and they are once again shooting at your hitbox before you even get around a corner, and none of the hand weapons seemed to do any damage to the sentry guns which now are also aimbots again. It's "harder" but in extremely stupid an annoying ways which do not improve gameplay at all and IMO ruin POI raids. Now personal combat is just "try to sneak up to a corner to snipe the edge of an NPC and then spend basically all of your time reloading and healing." This is how it was back in pre-alpha and it sucked at that time, too. :/

17. 0skillz

0skillz New Member

so much this! I would love to have the ability to dial in my own colors using RGB values 0-255 instead of the tiny limited palette that we currently have. Also why only white symbols? White letters just aren't that great on yellow blocks.

18. Scoob

Scoob Well-Known Member

I agree, there are some welcome changes in there, but the balance is shot. I think another weapons balance is needed, but paying specific attention to resistance values of various materials - flesh (critters, NPC's) included. I.e. a 600 hit point Drones would take far more shots to take down than a 600 hit point Raptor, due purely to the Drones metal armour reducing the dealt damage a LOT.

Scoob.

19. shiddin

shiddin Member

I am building me The Avenger Building. I am now on 6 stories high, should I go 25, 50 or 60 ? I got great ideas how to use the new blocks !! Awesome Update !

20. nexus_absolute

nexus_absolute Well-Known Member

:D Yay! My FPS is back to normal after the 4.4 update knocked me down to 3FPS when just looking at my powered CV.

Super quick fix Devs! Keep working that magic!

Badomen likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.