Alpha 5.0.2: Patch 2

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by EleonGameStudios, Dec 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EleonGameStudios

EleonGameStudios Developer
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Hi Galactic Survivalists,

We have just released the second patch for Alpha 5.0.

Changelog: Alpha 5.0.2 (Build 784)

Changes / Improvements:
    - Added lines to starmap to indicate when two sectors are sufficiently close to be reached by a warp jump (<25AU)
    - Added possibility to pickup grow-able plants with your Multitool: sprout of the plant will be placed in inventory (mode "disassemble" on private or faction structures)
    - Drone Base: Added parameter "Infinite" to playfield.yaml to ensure infinite drone waves (added "Infinite" to Akua, Omicron, Masperon). Note: if the drone base is not set to infinite, the drone waves stop when the stock of drones is exhausted
    - Tweaked color of warp arrow to make it better visible
    - Added better muzzle fire on pistols
    - Added better particle effect, hit effect and sound for drill turret
    - Tweaked red laser shot of alien laser turrets
    - Changed: Player drone cannot open cargo boxes anymore (to avoid sneaking into POIs and emptying cargo boxes without being attacked)
    - Updated Trading Stations on Ningues and Zeyhines (thanks to Frigidman)

Bug Fixes:
    - Fixed: Error when upgrading an Auto Miner of an empty resource
    - Fixed: Marketplace exploit - it was possible to by every item from yourself
    - Fixed: Problem with Food Processor that crafting process was blocked when creating nutrient solution with crushed stone
    - Fixed several other internal exceptions reported on support email (thanks for the bug reports - keep them coming)

Slimer, siderisanon, Trendane and 7 others like this.
  2. Kieve

Kieve Well-Known Member

Before everyone starts screaming and crying:
    -Is there a simple way to adjust this setting so that cargo boxes owned by your faction or yourself are still valid and accessible?

3. Colonelbrandon

For goodness sake Devs what are you on, we got round this in 15 seconds, just load your multi-tool, send in drone, zap container, pick up loot from dropped box.

So what now, ban picking up the loot from the dropped box, fine, until someone gets killed and they find they can’t pick up their backpack. Just reduce the loot in the containers and roll this stupid ‘hack’ back. Your gradually sucking all the ‘fun’ out of the game and a game needs fun or it becomes a grind.

Anyway, all the best for the holiday, have a stress free few days and see you next year for even better things.

0skillz, Neurosol and BakerAble like this.
  4. ZipSnipe

ZipSnipe Member

Changed: Player drone cannot open cargo boxes anymore (to avoid sneaking into POIs and emptying cargo boxes without being attacked)

Big BOOO for that change !!!! Now Christmas is sad :-(

0skillz and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  5. hastatus

hastatus New Member

Wait, so the player drone can still open backpacks and such, but no cargo boxes? Why not just set the POI cargo boxes to private instead? Or have the aliens and turrets shoot it at sight? Come on guys...

I would love to see a type of a "minigame" when trying to open a cargo box in a structure with the core in it, when using the drone. Adding an element of challenge.

It's like trying to pick a lock in some of The Elder Scrolls titles (Oblivion being my favourite).

6. DragonHalo99

DragonHalo99 New Member

Wait so people are sneaking into poi's? I bring a bunch of c4 and a ton of bullets once my tank hv gets rid of pesky defense turrets. More fun that way!

Cory Albaugh, Hive, 0skillz and 4 others like this.
  7. Captain Jack II

Captain Jack II Well-Known Member

How would reducing loot in a container have any impact on people abusing the drone's capabilities?

8. FaceIess

FaceIess Member

Because punishing every player for the actions of a few is what democracy is all about.

9. DS_Marine

DS_Marine Member

I'd love a minigame like system shock 2 for opening locked doors in pois...

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  10. Captain Jack II

Captain Jack II Well-Known Member

Heck yeah, and hacking cores instead of destroying them.

Tyrax Lightning and Gatt like this.
  11. Devilspit

Devilspit Member

Ok, now we know why but what does this have to with opening my own cargo boxes with the drone??

12. Frigidman

Frigidman Well-Known Member

LOL, got in right before the storm ;)

I'm in the boat of: Do it right, or dont hack-job it at all. I'd love for a proper fix be put in, and this one taken out until then. Its illogical and more damaging than allowing people to do what they've been doing.

13. Frigidman

Frigidman Well-Known Member

And its exactly those kind of ill-planned knee-jerk ideas that got us into this mess to begin with. Please, think a suggestion through.

14. Fractalite

Fractalite Well-Known Member

The responses in this thread are... amazing. When I read that part of the patch notes I did not realize how big a deal it would be - and was then greatly interested in @Kieve 's first post.

It did/does occur to me to use the drone for scouting, but I had never used it for looting(perhaps my suspension of disbelief went a little too far :rolleyes:;):).) I can think of half a dozen criticisms for this, but really, is that not a really boring way to play the game?

No no, that is not what I meant to say - kind of needed to type it out to think about it. What I think I mean to impart is; the developers want the drone to be used in certain ways, and not in others. While I do not want to be an apologist for poorly thought out actions, the drone is already highly specialized with certain actions it can perform, and certain actions that it cannot. It is already in this mold - Eleon will continue to add and subtract aspects. Why is this any different? This is not, say, like when they recently upped the health of most of the enemies in the game - it is not a mechanic that is out-of-balance(i.e. a game-breaker.)

I am sure there are other loop-holes that I take advantage of that I am not even aware of, that when closed off, will be a change. Perhaps sometimes uncomfortable, but in making these changes, the developers are moving this enterprise into more of a game than a loose assemblage of mechanics.

One thing that could help would be better, certainly more extensive, explanations for actions Eleon performs, but really, I would think this particular action is pretty self-explanatory.

15. The Dirt Wizard

Steam won't connect for me today. Internet is fine, obviously. Anyone else having Steam issues today?

Tyrax Lightning and Fractalite like this.
  16. Pantera

Pantera Well-Known Member

Same for me its probably the winter sales that have killed the server hamster steam has.

17. Bigfeet

Bigfeet Active Member

Whatever is going on, it's for everyone it seems : https://steamstat.us/

18. Fractalite

I just created this thread for people to confer about drone functionality:

http://empyriononline.com/threads/drone-functionality.8684/

It offers a solid direction for the drone to go, and also generates a forum to suggest that certain drone types can/should perform certain actions(hint hint.)

19. Fractalite

The internet itself appears a little wobbly to me today - will likely get worse before it gets better.

Tyrax Lightning and Pantera like this.
  20. eninrebmun

eninrebmun Active Member

Steam is most definitely down. My problem is that I think I woke up my computer at exactly the wrong time this morning -- Empyrion shows update queued, but I am forced in to offline mode. So it refuses to launch.

I've been looking forward to the long weekend to finally dig in to Alpha 5. fek.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.