Alpha 5.0.2: Patch 2

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by EleonGameStudios, Dec 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pantera

Pantera Well-Known Member

Have you tried restarting steam (offline mode) then trying again ? or trying to start the .exe from the steam directory ?

Is the update for 5.0 & you are still on 4.4 ?

Tyrax Lightning and eninrebmun like this.
  2. eninrebmun

eninrebmun Active Member

Any game that is updated is (was) fine... the issue is that it knows there is an update. Several games started updating this morning when I switched the computer on, and then steam went offline.

I decided to clear the download cache to see if the game would see the previous (working) version... but what I didn't know is that it would log me out of steam completely. Oops. Can't run the exe (which didn't work before anyway) because it checks for steam, offline or online. but no authentication won't even give me offline so I can't test if a previous version will launch.

At least I finally got as far as the Empyrion loading screen showing 5.0.1.782 -- but without steam authenticating, no dice. DRM pisses me off.

0skillz, Tyrax Lightning and Pantera like this.
  3. DS_Marine

DS_Marine Member

some heads shall roll...

Tyrax Lightning and Pantera like this.
  4. Pantera

Pantera Well-Known Member

That sucks hopefully its back soon I check here every so often https://steamstat.us/

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  5. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Well-Known Member

Agreed... kinda like the "Developer Comments" from the Devs in Heroes of the Storm Patch Notes explaining why they changed/tweaked/buffed/nerfed something they did so in Balance Changes for Heroes/Battleground Aspects. :)

Yep, Steam acting up for me too, though I was running my Computer all night leaving it to DL & Install a bunch of new Steam Sale Games to add to my Backlog while the Price was Nice. I figured I had simply exhausted & fatigued my Internet.

6. eninrebmun

eninrebmun Active Member

Yeah - it's slowly coming back online. I have been watching https://steamstat.us/ .. left, came back and now it's up enough to tell me it's having trouble authenticating. Once things settle down, I'll log in, patch up (hopefully) and be on my way.

7. dichebach

dichebach Active Member

Where does this "player drone" come from anyway? The frontal lobes!?

Maybe the player should also have a "CV" they can summon out of thin air and use in limited ranges?

Unless someone can explain to me where this thing comes from, I say get rid of the whole damn thing.

8. Tyrax Lightning

I strongly suspect the possibility that like with many other things in the game, the current Player Drone is a band aid fix till the REAL Player Drone Mechanics get Coded & Implemented, not unlike the old now long gone Band Aid Fix Hover Mechanics.

dichebach likes this.
  9. Syrus

Syrus Active Member

When are you going to add the setting for infinite drones to the start up options instead of making people edit files?

10. Tyrax Lightning

Patience. They can only do so much at a time. :(

Fractalite and Pantera like this.
  11. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

Sry guys. Player drone having this capability was never an intentional feature. (same for some others we will adjust as we roll out the next few updates). It's a build helper drone, not a combat-loot-remote-fighting drone ;-) At least not this one ^^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.