Alpha 5.0.3: Patch 3

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by EleonGameStudios, Dec 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EleonGameStudios

EleonGameStudios Developer
    Staff Member

• Developer
    UPDATE: December 29, 2016. Release of Build 790

Alpha 5.0.3: Build 790

Server-side update only:
    - Fixed internal exception that occurred on playfield servers: System.ArgumentException

==================

Hi guys,

All good things come in threes: we just released the third patch for Alpha 5.0 :)

Merry Christmas!

Changelog: Alpha 5.0.3 (Build 789)

Bug Fixes:
    - Fixed problem that no drones were present on Akua, Omicron and Masperon after starting a new Survival game in Alpha 5.0.1 and 5.0.2
    - Fixed problem that HV drill and HV turret did not take anti grief zone into account
    - Fixed exception on playfield server if parameter "Infinite" was used for drone waves
    - Fixed marketplace problem that after wiping the pending goods can nowhere be claimed: now every Trading Station can claim "virtual" offers

Changes / Improvements:
    - Updated models for Medic Station and Clone Chamber
    - Reduced bloom intensity in space
    - Implemented sending of client log files to dedi if requested by server host

Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
  2. hastatus

hastatus New Member

I love the way you guys are doing your best to enhance our gameplay experience (except for few occasions?)

You guys are awesome.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  3. Mulac

Mulac Member

Was not expecting a patch to fix the missing drones today. I am amazed you dropped this on 24th of December. Now please. Please go on holiday like the rest of us.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year !

4. The Dirt Wizard

Excellent work on the 5.0 and updates. I remember when the planets were quiet and only had a few critters and buildings. It's really becoming a vibrant universe. the game is shaping up into much more than a combat arena. Thanks for everything and happy holidays!

5. Automated

Automated New Member

I saw the drone issue yesterday after our server was wiped. I flew pass the drone base on Omicron, and there were no drones.

Also, I noticed that if your characters inventory is full the tier 2 drill does not collect ore, but you gain experience. I had iron ore in a slot [about 90], but the drill would not add more to that stack. I'll post this in the bug section.

Otherwise, thanks for the update. Merry Christmas!

6. Patwar

Patwar Active Member

Merry Christmas everybody.

Tyrax Lightning and Marty like this.
  7. talamioros

talamioros Member

Does it make hover mining less unstable? Having said that, thank you guys so much and Merry Christmas! You've made such an awesome game for us!

8. Marty

Marty Member

Merry christmas Eleon :).
    Please do not work in holidays. Take a break!

9. Kanie

Kanie New Member

Excellent work, amazing at the frequency and depth of the updates.

Now go and have a wonderful Christmas holiday......

10. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Well-Known Member

In the past when I was T2 Drill Mining & my Inventory got full, the Ore would spill out & drop on the ground just like if the Drill was a T1 then ya'd be wanting to sort out your Encumbrance Issue before resuming Mining... is this failing to be what happens for you & the Drilled up Ore is instead disappearing into thin air?

11. Automated

Automated New Member

Yes. Even though my inventory was full I only had a small amount of ore in a slot. Instead of the drill depositing the ore in that spot or spilling it on the ground it simply vanished. Again, got the experimental, but no ore.

12. Scoob

Scoob Well-Known Member

Possibly a silly question: are there supposed to be Sathium asteroids around Masperon? I've flown all the way around the planet, even to and around the moon, but no Sathium asteroids spotted.

Scoob.

13. Moonsugar

Moonsugar Well-Known Member

I saw this topic somewhere sooner, i think... no, no Sathium on Masperon. You have to loot it, so spare every bit you get for your CV that brings you out of there...

14. Scoob

Scoob Well-Known Member

Thanks, that's what I was afraid of. I had been saving up salvaged Hardened Steel Plates recovered from POI's in order to build my armed mining HV - I need that to gather the resources I need for a CV in a timely manner.

Maybe it's by design, to make Masperon even trickier, but I would like there to be Sathium asteroids in orbit, or pop some on the Moon - still, those are tweaks I can make myself, just not this time :)

Scoob.

15. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Well-Known Member

110% Bug Report worthy! :eek:

16. Captain Jack II

Captain Jack II Well-Known Member

If this is the wrong place, sorry.

mesh clipping issue on the HV drill turret.

NewGame_50_2016-12-26_14-34-03.png

17. Zedd

Zedd Active Member

Thanks for the suit shoulder light!!!

I know it's a bit late, but better late than never :)

Kanie and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  18. mR_kAt

mR_kAt Active Member

I hope more survival elements are added to the game soon as well. Most of the updates have been for PvP (less for PvE), and even FAR less for survival SP. I haven't seen any survival elements added in a bit, not even a thirst gauge. Every survivalist knows that water is #1 priority to survive and the water purifier that your survival constructor can build at the start should be there for a reason.

Each patch makes survival easier. (Faster drilling, more ore, plentiful food growing everywhere). That's fine if that game was only about building and conquest, but it isn't advertised that way completely. The only thing that they have added is the harder starting planet but that forces you into a PvE combat mode at the start.

Before 3.0 the fauna was much more sparse. Now to survive all I have to do is go outside, eat a few berries and I am set. There is no need to hunt or even explore for food at the start. It is just sitting there in tons of groves. That isn't "survival", that's a supermarket in the wild. The ore resources are no longer far underground. They are at the surface and easy to grab. It just seems like basic survival is too easy at the moment. I'd like greenhouses to have a use in the game to survive. Right now, foraging nets far more then farming, so what is the point (other than to can food).

I know survivalist play style isn't everyone's cup of tea, and as I've said before I respect that, but please don't forget the people who backed the game long ago thinking it would be a survival game. Give us options to reduce fauna resources. Add an optional thirst gauge. Make the motorcycle use up biofuel so you can't ride it forever and need to conserve items to survive. Things like that. Just make them options, so the other side of the player spectrum doesn't get upset. I know many players would love to see the game's focus shift back to its roots. Please don't forget us in your rush to add so many conquest elements to the game.

Hive, Zedd and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  19. Captain Jack II

Captain Jack II Well-Known Member

I suspect survival will gets its fair share of love... eventually. Right now, it feels like development is focused less on game play and balance, and more on mechanics. For example, a planet completely covered with fauna is a lot harder to make happen than one with less fauna. Will there be barren planets, absolutely, but there also needs to be overgrown jungle planets. So while they're perfecting fauna and lighting and decorations and such, we'll continue to see game play and balance issues, not because they don't care or are incompetent, they're just busy with other things right now. To people trying to play the game, it kinda looks like they're just throwing things at the wall to see what sticks, and maybe they are, who knows, but as long as this game is in alpha, there is no need to panic.

20. shargett2

shargett2 Member

I've noticed that picked up items (ore included) will not be added to a stack in your hotkey bar. This is true with all loot like med kits and food as well. Just have to keep a clear spot in the main inventory. If you close to finishing up a node, move a full stack to the hot bar, and the partial stack to the main inv, and the T2 drill will fill that stack as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.