Alpha 5.0.4: Patch 4

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by EleonGameStudios, Jan 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ButtonPusher

ButtonPusher Member

An "auto-run" key would be nice, like impulse speed cruise-control if you will. I currently use a macro on my keyboard to hold W for me for 60 seconds, it works for now. I suppose you would have to strategically place that toggle key so that players do not accidentally hit it.

I am very eager to see player armor and suit upgrades etc. (whatever is all planned for that) to be implemented, and we need a jetpack upgrade of some description badly (something to drain the meter at 1/2 speed or something at the very least). I am very happy to see weapon animations added, so, thanks and kudos to the team! o/

Tyrax Lightning and Neal like this.
  2. Neal

Neal Active Member

Idk what to say about this.
    I would have preferred something, well...useful instead of "just" visuals which i don't care about much. :(

3. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Well-Known Member

The Weapon Reload Animations imho coulda waited till Beta, but there were some people out there that just couldn't wait for them... not really the Devs fault there. The more Sci-Fi look of the Thruster Thrust, who knows? What if it's doing a better look of the Thruster Thrust AND turns out to be less harsh on FPS at the same time? THAT'd be 'useful'. :D

Neal and Fenris4024 like this.
  4. Neal

Neal Active Member

Agreed.
    Nevertheless, i still hope we will get some improvements for the texture&color tools. Not to mention energy weapons&shields and maybe even some other kinds of energy generation.

5. Shapebuilder

Shapebuilder Member

So, is it sure it is a reload animation? I was thinking about some kind of radar (ship in the picture have two radars on the top)...

Anyway, great job, Empyrion wizards!

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  6. Moonsugar

Moonsugar Well-Known Member

Or, as a friend of mine (a medical doctor) puts it: "There are no healthy people, just insufficiently examined ones."

Tyrax Lightning and Neal like this.
  7. Ruptga

Ruptga New Member

Graphics improvements are always nice, but I will be disappointed if there is no toggle for lens flare and bloom. I accept that many many people with bad taste love them, but they are awful.

Mireru, Tyrax Lightning and Neal like this.
  8. panddshea

panddshea New Member

I hope the first one is a reload animation.

Call me crazy, but there's just something about the guns not having a reload animation that is almost distracting. I know you hear them reloading, but I often find myself having to check the bottom right of my screen to make sure my ammo actually reloaded (especially if my sound is low or off). By no means is it game breaking, and it doesn't effect the enjoyability of the game, but it certainly was one of the first things I noticed the first time I ever played Empyrion. Just one more step towards deeper immersion. I like it.

As for the second picture, perhaps they are lowering the possibility of successfully navigating an asteroid field to approximately 3,720 to 1?

Fenris4024, Aeri and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  9. Scoob

Scoob Well-Known Member

While welcome, I always thought the reload animation could have been "cheated" via just playing the put gun away/get gun out animation, with a slight delay - the reload happening off-screen effectively. Still, it is a nice addition to get a proper enimation, though purely cosmetic one of course.

I assume the devs will continue to add little refinements like this as they go.

Scoob.

10. Tyrax Lightning

Here here. :)

Large Scale Painting & Texturing ability especially is sorely needed, unless, again, it's some kinda 'stealth demotivation' from the Devs to us to ever Dream Big & if the Devs think EVERYONE should have no choice but to Go Micro or Go Away. (I'm still praying it's just a matter of 'not yet had time to rectify Issue'...)

Hey, to each their own. Ya make it sound like there's no room in this game for people that are not exactly like you. Not cool. :(

With that said I can agree on the toggle for the Lens Flare & Bloom partially cause some people run Humble Rigs & partially cause more options are better cause again, 'to each their own'.

*Snickers* Sometimes Peeps are FPSing around in 3rd Person instead of 1st Person. Good luck pulling off that kinda stunt then, you'll need it. :p

Neal likes this.
  11. Scoob

Scoob Well-Known Member

People run around on foot in 3rd person? Urgh. I go 3rd person for vehicles, mainly because turning my head and retaining mouse steer control don't go together, but 3rd person on foot. Nope, never.

Scoob.

12. Pantera

Pantera Well-Known Member

People probably use it to see around corners. Players do it all the time in DayZ on servers that have 3rd person.

13. H.P. Strangelove

H.P. Strangelove Well-Known Member

Reload animations could have waited. They're kind of fluff at this point. Nice, but doesn't really impact the game right now.

As for performance, lights are as always the biggest performance killer. Any optimizations are welcome though.

Neal and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  14. Shootme

Shootme Active Member

you know what? Every eleon's patch is welcome.

15. Tyrax Lightning

Yup, this. I do it too in Shooters that give you ONLY 3rd Person View & won't let me 1st Person View immerse myself in the game.

Here here, especially Lights as critical to have & can't be made do without, like Thrusters. :)

16. VISION305

VISION305 Active Member

The reload animations have been a long time coming. A lot of us already got used to not having it but this is nice. It adds polish to the game.

The new thruster effects look WAYYY better. Yes Yes Yes

Holding my breath for improved or reworked planetary creation code including bigger planets, access to poles, seamless transitions and multiple star systems?

17. Neal

Neal Active Member

I can't speak for anyone else but me, but if they're really think that way, then i hope that they tell us. Because if they want EGS to be a small ships game, i'm out. To be honest, it would be better if we knew now before wasting a LOT of time for nothing and hoping for a game we will never have.
    But let's hope this isn't the case at all. :)

SoCalExile and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  18. Arrclyde

Arrclyde Well-Known Member

I think it is pretty sure to say that what they want to tease us with is in the centre of the picture. I don't know for sure, but i think there is no situation in game as of now where your character holds the tier 2 sniper like that.

By the way, that thing in the background is a base building (look at the blocks that are buried into the ground) and those two "radar"-blocks are what i recall as the standart antenna deco blocks.

19. Scoob

Scoob Well-Known Member

Ah, I use the Drone for that. Never really been a fan of playing in a third-person view when first person is available - assuming it's implemented well - at least when on foot.

Scoob.

20. Cpt_Beefheart

Cpt_Beefheart Well-Known Member

Could someone please either confirm whether this is or is not an actual thing?
    I have people saying that if a player has the (newish) block that is an intersection of 6 cylinders in a vessel, it will lag the other players in a playfield. Thus being an underhanded pvp tactic.
    I'm seeing talk of bans towards people using the block, yet I have not been able to duplicate this nor see any mention of it in a bug report. Could some people please test this? would appreciate some feedback before another false rumor like the 'pre-alpha block' incident spreads among the servers.

Hive and Tyrax Lightning like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.