Alpha 5.0: Out Now!

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by EleonGameStudios, Dec 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DragonHalo99

DragonHalo99 New Member

I am playing a new single player game on masperon atm. I haven't played multiplayer yet. I am interested though.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  2. DragonHalo99

DragonHalo99 New Member

Question when you say max count are you referring to the cv block limits? Or does max count apply to more than just Cv's. I will be on later today. I am waiting on this customer to unload this meat load so I can get home to my family.

3. BakerAble

BakerAble Member

I think TL is referencing your comment about putting 2 artillery turrets on an hv. Default limit is 1.

Tyrax Lightning and DragonHalo99 like this.
  4. DragonHalo99

DragonHalo99 New Member

I have the block limits disabled in single player. I didn't know that it limited amount of turrets and applied for more than cv's.

5. BakerAble

BakerAble Member

There are also max weapon limits applied to SVs.

Tyrax Lightning and DragonHalo99 like this.
  6. DragonHalo99

DragonHalo99 New Member

Are there limits for the new hv mining drills and turret?

7. BakerAble

BakerAble Member

6 drills. Not sure about turret.

8. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Well-Known Member

Yep, this. All Weapons have a Max Count Limit & the Max Count Limit for the HV Artillery Turret is 1. Having 2 was a big Question Mark. I haven't heard of a way to disable Max Weapon Count in Single Player, I even distinctly remember that still being a BIG point of Contention between the SP Crowd & the Devs. How did ya pull off the SP Max Count Limit disabling? If ya have found a legit non-cheaty way of pulling this off, I bet the SP Crowd would declare ya a Big Damn Hero if ya spilled the beans on how to pull this off. :)

9. DragonHalo99

DragonHalo99 New Member

I manually err altered the game code. I may be a trucker but I am also a code monkey. Took me a while to find the right lines. I made it into a patch that I can reaply. Though I just thought it affected cv's because. I have been working on the unsc infinity for a long time......

10. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Well-Known Member

Hmm... @Hummel-o-War would know better then I if that can count as Legit, as "Modding", or not. I'm unsure on that one. I hope it does count, as the SP Crowd has been needing a Band Aid Fix to that for ages.

Also, Max Weapon Count isn't technically something that applies to a particular Vehicle, it applies to all Weapons in & of themselves. Stick your Mouse Arrow over a Weapon to bring up its Mouse Over Info, & one of the Lines in that Info will be that Weapon Species's Max Weapon Count number. ALL of them have this set to a particular number. The HV Artillery Turret has this set to 1, HV Minigun Turrets set to 6, SV Rail Gun Max Count set to 4, CV Rocket Launcher (Manual Fire kind) set to 4, etc.

11. mR_kAt

mR_kAt Well-Known Member

I know but I am worried as well that new players will never get to experience that emersion that got myself hooked into the game in the first place.

I also worry that the game is slowly veering away from its survival roots to more of a build + PvP/PvE game. All of the updates have been focused on that and not adding survival elements to the game. I'd love a thirst gauge for example. It would give some meaning to the water purifier you can build with your survival constructor at the start of the game. After all, every survivalist knows that water is on your top priorities to survive.

12. Neal

Neal Well-Known Member

Good start, i can't wait for more options especially more kinds of uniforms and maybe alien bodies/heads.
    [​IMG]

I assume this is a multiplayer feature?

Really nice!
    Now the Texture and Paint tools desperately need more options (greater range, bigger areas).

Again, a Multiplayer only feature?
    (Sorry i didn't have the chance to play in survival mode recently)
    [​IMG]

To be honest, this one was a bummer... :(
    I was assuming that we can now assign blueprints or ships to AI control and interact (not neccessarily fight) with them.
    But some pre defined ships... well it ok, i guess.

This one was really nedded!
    Thanks so much! :)

Very nice!
    The more new parts availlable, the better!

Nice, now i can assign every Key new again. :mad:
    ;)

Overall a very nice Update, although there are only a few things that are aatually interesting to me personally. As i said, "AI Controlled Vessels" was a huge bummer to me, because i was really expecting that we could assign blueprints to AI control.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.