Alpha 5.1.1: Patch

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by EleonGameStudios, Jan 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EleonGameStudios

EleonGameStudios Developer
    Staff Member

• Developer
    UPDATE: January 22, 2017. 5.1.1 Build 821 - HOTFIX#2

Hi Galactic Survivalists!

We just released a second Hotfix for the public version 5.1.1

Bugfixes
    - Fixed "overbright" problem that resulted from an earlier unity update
    - Fixed HV-Drill-Crash issue (re-added fix)

Please report remaining Bugs over here: http://empyriononline.com/threads/bug-reports-alpha-5-1-x.9183/

Note: This is a client-side update! Servers do not need to be updated and will stay at 5.1.1 build 817

----------------------------------

**outdated**
    Over-bright issue and how to solve it

Hi Galactic Survivalists,

After updating to Alpha 5.1.1, several players reported that the game suddenly appears "over bright".

We analyzed the issue and found out that unfortunately Unity causes this problem. Some technical details to understand it: we updated Unity to U5.5.0p3 for Alpha 5.1.1 in order to solve the HV drill crash. However, we now found out that this Unity update causes a negative side effect in that it sometimes does not recognize the correct graphics card anymore, which then can cause the mentioned over-bright problem. Apparently, it happens especially for older graphics cards (thanks to everyone who sent in output logs and helped us to track down the problem - especially "Renegade" was a big help).

How to solve the over-bright problem:
    For those of you who experience the over-bright problem, you can switch to the Experimental branch and it should be fine. However, by switching to the Experimental branch, please note that you will again have the old problem with the HV drill crash because we downgraded Unity back to 5.5.0f3. In other words, you have to choose between the over-bright problem and the HV drill crash. We are really sorry for the inconveniences. We hope you understand.

How to switch to Experimental version: http://empyriononline.com/threads/new-experimental-branch-on-steam.6371/

Yours,

EMP Dev Team

----------------------------------

UPDATE: January 22, 2017. Release of Build 817 (client-side)

We just released a client-side update that fixes the problem with the strange fog on Masperon and other planets that are using the ground fog.

Bug Fixes:
    - Fixed: Problem that fog on planets did not take into account water

Know Issues:
    - Overbrightness problem: We are still trying to nail down the problem with the overbrightness that some players seem to have. We read several reports regarding this problem but cannot reproduce it on our end. It seems to be related to a special set of graphic cards. If you experience this problem, please send us an email to our support address with your output log.

-------------------------

Hi Galactic Survivalists,

We just released a small patch that fixes several issues introduced in Alpha 5.1.

Please report remaining bugs here: http://empyriononline.com/threads/bug-reports-alpha-5-1-x.9183

Changelog: Alpha 5.1.1 (Build 816)

Bug Fixes:
    - Fixed: Crash to desktop when using HV drill
    - Fixed: Problem that player drone did not work on private structures anymore (it worked only with faction and public structures)
    - Fixed: Problem that shooting at creatures in a distance (viewed with zoom) sometimes did not kill them and lead to XP farming
    - Fixed: Problem that tools with a beam (texture tool, color tool, multitool) did not always fire into crosshair
    - Fixed: Problem that weapons did not move with hands in first-person view (especially pistols)
    - Fixed: Problem that console command 'spawnanyblueprint' was not working correctly
    - Fixed: Layering issue with sector hover labels
    - Fixed: Sector hover labels staying open when closing map window while hovered
    - Fixed: Object reflections darkening when opening map window
    - Fixed: Several client exceptions reported on support email
    - Possible fix for Blueprint header loading problem

Changes:
    - Tweaked player drone: improved emissive texture, added light beam, added new flare
    - Drill Turret: reduced intensity of flashing blue light halo
    - Improved reload sound (better timing)
    - Tweaked SV Stock Prefab Tier 2a (removed front plate on thrusters)

Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
  2. Abbell

Abbell New Member

Looks like it is now updating...

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
    Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  3. rainyday

rainyday Well-Known Member

Are you guys working 24/7 ?? I think threre has been a patch practically every day for a while now :eek: Well, Im not complaining - thank you!

4. Jonson

Jonson New Member

Когда добавят неписей (NPC) торговцев на ТС что бы покупать все товары ?? Очень нужны для покупки и продажи товаров !! :(:rolleyes::eek:

vinurd and Teladi like this.
  5. Frigidman

Frigidman Well-Known Member

Eleon love what they do, so might not even be considered 'work'... :D

6. Nytmaster

Nytmaster Member

When it comes to bugs there like Raid kills bugs dead..

7. stimdealer0001

stimdealer0001 Well-Known Member

LOL Nyt know's wassup.

8. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Well-Known Member

Hope the one I Reported this way is among them so I can finally be able to continue my CV Build I started before 5.1 that now post 5.1 is Size Class 10... & not even half way done yet & I dunno if i'll even get to use it on the WASD Games Server I was building it for in the first place. :p

XeroTerragoth and Teladi like this.
  9. Fisher

Fisher Member

Is it possible that we can retain the location of asteroids on our space map the same way deposits are retained on our world map? It's a real PITA. Finding the asteroids is hard enough. Losing their known location as soon as you fly away is a bit much.

Hive, Tyrax Lightning and LiftPizzas like this.
  10. Gherid_lacksGPS

Post 5.1.1 patch, having graphical issues. Saturation / gamma really low daytime, dark / high contrast at night. Liked jacked up photoshop levels.

xeon 1230 v2
    gtx560
    win 7

Anyone else have these issues?

11. [FN] NKCazy

[FN] NKCazy New Member

I am curious if there was something I did wrong, or forgot to check; or whether it is a bug or not, but I cannot access any blueprints subscribed on Steam via my collections window. It shows that I am subscribed to various ones, but none show up. I've tried everything I can think of to fix it, short of reinstalling the game. I did cycle from experimental back to base, though, with no change.

Naturally, as soon as I post this, I find the "Is your blueprint not loading" thread on the forums. GG me.

12. SoCalExile

SoCalExile Active Member

Everytime I warp the game crashes now. Already lost a CV and everything in it on my server.

13. LiftPizzas

LiftPizzas Well-Known Member

Until then, you can place a base starter or similar to mark the loction. :)

14. Jonson

Jonson New Member

[QUOTE = "Frigidman, почта: 94519, член: 10537"] ЭЛЕОН любят то , что они делают, так что не могли бы даже считать «работу» ... : D[/ QU-
    Какой ЭЛЕОН какую работу ты про что вообще говоришь ?? Я про НПЦ писал !!

15. woowoo

woowoo Active Member

Turrets are still shooting through terrain, if you're close to an ennemy turret and the terrain hasn't rendered yet, they shoot at you, always.

Every time I'm in range of an ennemy turret, behind a mountain, at bedrock, whatever, mys parked vessel is destroyed, just have to logout and login.

Also, I'm constantly EAC kicked when using driller hv.

16. [P.B.B.] arseDuLux

[P.B.B.] arseDuLux Active Member

When I put a basic Base beside a Drone base... as of today, the turret doesn't shoot at the core. Has that been disabled? (Experimental build)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.