Alpha 5.3: Improved Turret Targeting, Planet Overhauls and Tweaks

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by EleonGameStudios, Feb 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EleonGameStudios

EleonGameStudios Developer
    Staff Member

• Developer
    [​IMG]

Hey Galactic Survivalists!

We originally started Alpha 5.3 with the aim of only fixing some remaining issues in order to have a stable and polished game during the longer development phase for the upcoming major Alpha 6.0 update.

However, we could not resist the temptation and added a few more goodies for you to play around with. One of the highlights: we added the first iteration of an improved turret targeting mechanism. You can now choose sub-targets like thrusters, turrets, mounted weapons or generators!

When taking a tour of the 5.3 features, we strongly recommend visiting Aitis (complete overhaul) as well as Masperon, Masperon Moon, Aestus and Skillon for having a look at the new and refined deco!

Find all the additions, tweaks and bugfixes listed below!

Thanks to all testers of the Experimental version over the last week and all the valuable feedback given! :) The Experimental thread had more than 17’000 views and more than 300 comments. That is awesome!

As always: have a lot of fun and thanks a lot in advance for helping us track down remaining bugs!

Please report 5.3 bugs and issues right here: http://empyriononline.com/threads/bug-reports-alpha-5-3-x.9500

Cheers,

Empyrion Dev Team

------------------------------------------

Changelog: Alpha 5.3 (Build 857)

Improved Turret Targeting:
    - First implementation of a more fine-grained turret targeting: you can decide for each turret which target it attacks among these devices: Core, Turrets, Mounted Weapons, Thrusters, Generators.
    [​IMG]

New Terrain and Decorations on Aitis:
    - Complete overhaul of lava planet Aitis
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Other Decoration Improvements on Planets:
    [​IMG]
    - Added more alien deco plants to Masperon (planet + moon)
    - Added dark rocks to Masperon (planet + moon)
    - Added biome sound to Masperon planet
    - Tweaked Masperon Moon: reduced ground fog intensity + tweaked colors on some plants / tree to better match environment
    - Tweaked deco on lava planet Aestus
    - Tweaked barren planet Skillon: grass matches better terrain color, tweaked material of stones
    - Several other tweaks to deco plants and trees
    - Added big flower to Akua

Visuals:
    - Updated models of thrusters (regular, enclosed, slant, small)
    [​IMG]
    - Added tracer shots to NPC Zirax and Turret Robot
    - New placement axis shader (to sort properly with bounding box and blocks being placed)
    - Tweaked sun flare on Aestus
    - Updated resource icons: instead of blue outline we now integrated a white glow -> please let us know what you think
    - Tweaked grey version NPC alien assassin (added emissive)
    - Reduced amount of under water particles
    - Tweaked flares on rocket projectiles

Additions:
    - Added several new railing blocks
    [​IMG]
    - Added red version of NPC alien assassin
    [​IMG]

Changes:
    - Optimization for reflection on player helmet: we reduced the render distance for the helmet reflection to 20m => this optimization can have a huge effect in multiplayer when several players are close by (before this situation could lead to significant frame drops)
    - De-activated empty weapon sound on turrets to avoid annoyance when turret always tries to reload
    - For performance reasons: Temporarily de-activated flies sound on worm plant
    - PDA actions of type "NearPoi" (= go to / find a POI) can now have temporary waypoints ("Destinations") to guide the player. Implemented for missions "Find Abandoned Mine on Akua" and "Find Abandoned Factory on Omicron"
    - Added infinite stock of base attack drones on all playfields
    - Added 85 Unlock Points to Tech Tree (because they were missing to unlock everything)
    - Updated some loading screenshots + updated text
    - Added new loading screenshots

Gameplay Tweaks:
    - Placing a new core now sets structure to Private instead of Public
    - Weapons that ignore atmo parameter now show correct "Eff. Range" (e.g. Drill, Multitool, etc)
    - More weapons ignore atmo parameter for range calculation: e.g. Chainsaw, Harvester Module
    - Tweaked NPC spawning on Masperon planet, Omicron, Aitis, Oscutune to add more diversity
    - Slightly increased spawn rate of certain NPCs
    - Slightly increased drop rate of Crushed Stone
    - Added max limit of 8 to player sentry gun
    - Crushed Stone can now be found on Aestus and Aitis

Bug Fixes:
    - Fixed: Problem that HV hover engines temporarily lost effect when being hit (e.g by alien turrets)
    - Fixed: Problem that Harvest Module did not always function correctly - especially in 3rd person view
    - Fixed: Problem that Antigrief zone could be exploited to block ore deposits
    - Fixed: Problem that terrain textures were not always correctly set (eg forest texture did not always correspond to where forest was)
    - Fixed: Problem that explosions were rendered sometimes inside cockpit
    - Fixed: Reflections going white/causing lighting issues in certain situations
    - Fixed: Problem that turrets did not use ammo as long as player stayed in cockpit (MP only)
    - Fixed: Problem that Color/Texture tool beam hit player's face if firing at a target out of range
    - Fixed: Problem that private structures of same faction members shot each other
    - Fixed: XP gain exploit/glitch: Placing a terrain placeable, picking it up and placing again gives endless XP
    - Fixed: Problem that active Vessels moved out of position when pointing at them and holding O (SP only)
    - Fixed: Problem of endless loop in constructor if (a) sub-crafting has a problem and (b) inventory is full
    - Fixed: Blueprint bug, adapted Blueprint modding error reporting
    - Fixed: Problem with green head on red alien shot + adapted transparency
    - Fixed: Problem with Cockpit FOV when changing FOV outside of Cockpit
    - Fixed: Problem with strange glass artifacts in some cockpits
    - Fixed: Time/biome info was not hidden when Player Drone active
    - Possible fix when container is open and player gets disconnected from server
    - Fixed: Several terrain layer problems on Aestus and Aitis
    - Fixed localization issues with non-breaking space characters
    - Fixed file sharing violations when copying or deleting save games in Resume Game window
    - Fixed: Problem that using Drill T2 gave an exception in playfield server log
    - Fixed: Wrong caption on loading screen: instead of Survival Constructor now O2 Generator

2. Kane Hart

Kane Hart Administrator
    Staff Member

• Administrator
    Holy crap you guys are machines. It's also 6 am and I really should go to bed but I want to play :p

3. Altar

Altar Ensign

THESE THINGS THAT THE GAME NEEDS !!!!

1. DECORATION MUST BE FUNCTIONAL SINCE IT DOES NOT MATTER IN THE GAME.
    2. MUST BE BATTERIES AND SOLAR PANELS.
    3. IF YOU CONSUME FOOD, YOU SHOULD ALSO GO TO THE BATH :p IN THE GAME APPEAR BATHS BUT DO NOT WORK = IN THE GAME THERE ARE BEDS BUT YOU CAN NOT REST IN THEM.
    4. IF YOU DRAWN IN WATER, WHY NOT FALL OF THE MOTORCYCLE?
    5. PUT MORE FUNCTIONS OF CONSTRUCTION, TO BE MORE INTERESTING, EXAMPLE: IF I WITH BLOCKS TO BUILD A CRANE.? OR IF I WANT TO CREATE AN AUTONOMOUS DRON THAT BRINGS ME MINERALS TO MY BASE? OR IF I WANT TO CREATE A ROBOT? Who fights against the players? THAT WOULD BE INTERESTING.

NOTE: ADDING MORE PLANETS and weapons DOES NOT SERVE ANYTHING WHEN THE GAME SYSTEM IS EQUAL TO ALL. ADD MORE THINGS OF CONSTRUCTION, THAT IS WHAT IS NEEDED. Forgive me for my bad english :p.

4. Moonsugar

Moonsugar Captain

No problem - but you should fix your caps lock. My ears bleeding already.

!!! Thats why! I ever wondered if they sleep, eat or live at all...

PhiPhi, TK85, XeroTerragoth and 10 others like this.
  5. NafreiuX

NafreiuX Captain

That's a contradiction in a single sentence mate. If a deco is functional then it has a purpose - hence it matters.
    Did you mean that deco blocks are not neccessary in the game?

6. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

@EleonGameStudios Looking great, thank you for the update!

I have a question regarding the turret targetting options, can you confirm If understood this correctly.

It says "If nothing is selected, turret will shoot at center of target".
    But does that also mean "if something IS selected, it doesn't shoot at center of target at all" (which im hoping to be the case)? Has this been changed from the experimental version where it always shot at center of target if it didn't have other targets to shoot at - despite your choices in the targetting options?

This has already been discussed in the experimental side of things but I'll continue it here. For PvE and attacking POI's for example it's not a good thing if your turrets think "if I have no other targets available, I will shoot at center mass". Because you still need to go and turn off your turrets after you've gotten rid of enemy turrets as they pound away the enemy base and waste ammo with no reason. In PvE I see the turrets mainly as protection from your vessel against drones and taking out enemy turrets (which is a great thing you can do now!) - but other than that, the turrets can remain silent, atleast for me, for now. It's great to have options - don't get me wrong - but you should also have an option that turrets would fire as little as you want.

7. Altar

Altar Ensign

Is a game of survival and construction, where you fight with aliens and other players, not decoration that does not work. If I want to decorate I played: the sims for example. 4 things must be in a game like this: survive, fight, build, think. : P

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  8. Tbosh

Tbosh Commander

This infinite stock of drones is being produced by drone base?

9. SilvRav

SilvRav Commander

excellent...server and client being update now :D

10. Altar

Altar Ensign

I played many games, the best of constructions is space engineer, but this is much better, if they improve it will be better of all. Guys do it for the best. !!!

11. Hellion

Hellion Commander

seconded. If the only checkbox selected is turrets, I don't want the turret to fire at center of mass after the POI turrets are destroyed. I want them to do nothing until another enemy turret comes within range. I want the POI to remain as in tact as possible. Could we also get a check box for "only fire at targets in line of site" so it wont try to shoot through a structure to hit a turret on the other side? My turrets should help me with my playstyle, not force me to angle my vessel so it will hit POI turrets without destroying the whole POI in the process.

PhiPhi, Antisocial, TK85 and 7 others like this.
  12. OneHundretMoons

OneHundretMoons Lieutenant

Awesome Work Devs! All Thumbs up!

Stupid Question, but to make those changes, especially the planet changes valid, do I need to do something with my server like some sort of wipe or clean for those new things to pop-up?

Great Work as usual :)

13. Hellion

Hellion Commander

I'm pretty sure, yes. Theres a block to spawn drones attached to drone bases. if the drone base goes offline or if the block is destroyed i think the attacks stop.

14. Patwar

Patwar Commander

Hello and thank you for it !

Do we need to wipe servers ?

Tyrax Lightning and Tbosh like this.
  15. Lord Mushroom

Lord Mushroom Ensign

Guys, devs, you are amazing, but please add these things:

-Proper environment for capital vessel (no need to stay sit when the vessel is moving, no need to wear helmet as well)

-NPC factions, interactions, missions. Develop the lore of the game!

16. Tbosh

Tbosh Commander

Thanks for replying. Just wanted to make sure as the server I play on placed admin cores in drone bases to try and produce infinite waves but found out that drones stopped producing after a while.

17. LiftPizzas

LiftPizzas Rear Admiral

18. Altar

Altar Ensign

It would also be interesting that the blocks were built by us and not put and already put. It would be more realistic. The game has many options. You just have to apply them and do them. If it is survival, it has to be more realistic.

19. SilvRav

SilvRav Commander

so I had a 88mb update and now another 77mb update? was a patch instantly released?

NVM..one is the DED server :rolleyes:

20. Hellion

Hellion Commander

Hey buddy. It looks like you're struggling with English. if you can, please just type your message in your native language. I believe I would have an easier time understanding you if I put your message into a translator.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.