Alpha 6.0 official server announcement

Discussion in 'Official Eleon Server' started by RexXxuS, Apr 24, 2017.

1. RexXxuS

RexXxuS Rear Admiral

Hi Survivalists,

as mentioned we have a roughly timeline for the alpha 6.0 release: end of april / begin of may.

This means the natural questions of you popping up so I try to answer them as best as I can.

Q: What does full wipe mean?
    A: A full wipe means everything - you and the universe will be deleted. You start fresh in a new universe.

Q: Will I loose everything?
    A: Yes. On the official servers you will loose everything and have to start from fresh when 6.0 will be released.

Q: Will we get a new universe?
    A: Yes and no. The layout won't change much since we will use the Invader vs Defender scenario.
    However it will change regarding MP start. It won't be as problematic as some raging currently about it.

Also instances will be a very important topic. You have to discover them since you won't get a map of the universe anymore. Entrance portals will be spread around the whole universe. Some locked to only Trader, some to only Mercenary, some Invader, some only for Defender. Some will require teamwork to succeed. Etc.

Also we got a lot of feedback what was good and what was bad in the current version and try to fix it as good as we can.

If you have another questions - let us know.

RexXxuS

Pantera and Trendane like this.
  2. Quarior

Quarior Commander

Good news but why delete all structures and items for players ? Because I think is possible to update the playfield without delete structures in Templates/Playfield name/playfied.yml.

3. RexXxuS

RexXxuS Rear Admiral

The change from 5.5 to 6.0 is massive. The .ply file got enhanced stuff implemented like armor etc.
    Players must be wiped.

Playfields can be exist with legacy stuff or like some tough guys here and there merge only the new changes into the old system and "don't wipe". From my long experience that is never a good idea in an alpha game.
    So yeah - all fresh for everyone.

4. Quarior

Quarior Commander

OK, too bad :( .
    I preferred at least that the structures stay but good, that's your choice.
    Also, does it have an official creative server ?

5. TiraMitzu

TiraMitzu Ensign

Huzzah Thanks for the info Rexxxus!

6. slurp

slurp Ensign

Two questions...

1) Will our current blueprints remain or be thrown into the cauldron of unforgiveness too?

2) Will our bulging CR balances withstand the 'stealing hand of reset' or be plunged back to poor status, forcing us to sell oranges on every dark corner once again?

7. RexXxuS

RexXxuS Rear Admiral

If you mean with blueprints your stuff in your libary - sure, this is saved on your computer. If you mean the ready to spawn blueprints or already spawned ones - they will be gone in the vortex.

We are thinking of implementing the same system as in our HWS servers where you keep 250k credits per default after a full wipe. Not sure if we can implement it in time. If not - you are pushed into the stone edge, digging for Gold again ;)

8. Iluminator

Iluminator Lieutenant

If I'm playing a 6.x version on the server, it is necessary to delete the server when the official comes out ?

9. Picard

Picard Ensign

Ahoj, how long to update 6.0 and wipe? thx

10. JacePet

JacePet Ensign

I finished updating to 6.0, and wanted to jump right in. I got on the Official US Server, read the instructions, turned right to collect my starter stuff, then got banned... What the hell kind of official server is this? This is some sort of private server childish behavior.[​IMG] I did not speak to anyone, see anyone, or even move other than turning to the right...

11. RexXxuS

RexXxuS Rear Admiral

Hello,

it is a new game version combined with a new tool version. The tool got not properly patched to the game content so it did this automatic ban system by mistake. No need to rage on top of it. We will fix it and unban you of course.
    Stuff like this can sadly happen but get fixed asap.
    Sorry for the inconvenience.

RexXxuS

12. Duncaroo

Duncaroo Ensign

Is this the proper place to report that I, too, ran into JacePet's problem? I was banned after signing in to the US server, and my player name is "Duncaroo". Thanks:)

13. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

Hi Rexxxus,

Couple of small issues on the server, I haven't had time to check them all out, but some players are saying asteroids are not falling for Co-Bolt on one of the starter planets and Im not sure what one, maybe Eleen, theres an issue with starter kit not containing any constructor, players should not be forced to do tutorial/mission system to get one.
    Pandora is like 700 degrees in Orbit, in Heavy armour with 4 temp boosters you die in seconds, there is literally no chance to recover a back pack, when you spawn in same area you basically instadeath. This environment being So harsh prevents any players doing any combat there its just to extreme.
    We are seeing a lot of the second delay for containers to open, I did a ping trace and found we had a bad hop to the server at the time, I did the same IP ping trace this morning and no bad hop, but were still getting delays on the server, so Im not sure if that's spec related or net bandwidth related but a lot of players are copping it.

We have also had a guy loose his base in a PvE area to another player, hes been given a new starter kit, but we should keep an eye out incase we have another exploiter running around, likely they visit many servers.

14. RexXxuS

RexXxuS Rear Admiral

Thanks for the report guys - will go through it and fix it.