Alpha 6.1.1: Hotfix

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by EleonGameStudios, Jun 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EleonGameStudios

EleonGameStudios Developer
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Hotfix 2: June 15, 2017 - Build 1098 (Client only)

We just released another hotfix for the Blueprint library. We are sorry for the inconveniences.

Bug Fixes:
    - Fixed: Blueprint library doesn't recognize factory and produced Blueprints
    - Fixed: Unable to move through damaged block colliders.
    - Fixed: Group Name missing from Blueprint Window
    - Fixed: Error in Sector Map if POI Information is Missing for Space Playfields (support email #645AE)

-----------------------------------

Hi Galactic Survivalist,

We just released a hotfix that fixes the blueprint library bug. In addition, you are now able to build / repair your SV, HV and CV in a no-build zone of a regenerative POI.

Please continue to report all gameplay bugs found in Alpha 6.1.1 over here: http://empyriononline.com/threads/bug-reports-alpha-6-1.11707

Changelog: Alpha 6.1.1 (Build 1097)

Changes:
    - Allow to build / repair SV, HV, CV in a no-build zone of a regenerative POI
    - Tweak to chat: Reduced line spacing in individual messages
    - AI Space Vessel: avoid SV changing speed when launching a fighter
    - Added first version of "star twinkling" effect during night on planets with atmosphere
    - Tweaked start position in Taipane Instance: now you are protected from sentry fire
    - Updated model of spotlights
    - Tweaked flare on sloped spotlight so that it can be better seen (+ added better flare to all spotlights)
    - Tweaked sound on repair station so that it is not heard all over playfield.
    - Folded motorbike: direct pickup instead of container access
    - Added some missing Localization
    - Adjusted tooltips in Control Panel, Constructors and Creative Windows to use new style
    - 'ents' console command now also outputting internal structure temperature
    - Tweaked sound of Mech NPC

Bug Fixes:
    - Fixed: Error when opening Blueprint menu
    - Fixed: Mech NPC's still shooting through blocks in certain situations (if you still find use cases please send us the save game)
    - Fixed: Error when looking at a player bike in energy-save mode
    - Fixed: Space Drones starting from drone bases are sunk in blocks
    - Fixed: Spotlight shining through hull
    - Fixed: Problem that you could not re-spawn in Taipane Instance (now medic stations are set to public)
    - Fixed: LOD Problem with Pumpkin Plant Stage 3
    - Fixed: PV that rebuilds itself does not rebuild destroyed weapons
    - Fixed: Missing GER localisation
    - Fixed: Exception linked to map markers (support email: #18883)
    - Fixed: Internal exception (support email: #7CBB3)

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
  2. krazzykid2006

krazzykid2006 Commander

Yay, more flare effects (sarcasm.)

Can we get an option to disable flare effects at some point?? They are ridiculous.
    Thrusters have to be buried under blocks/devices, or they are blinding. It would be nice if I didn't have to choose between burying thrusters or simply not seeing where I'm going.

The flare effects on spotlights are just hovering out in front of the light and it looks wrong, FYI.
    [​IMG]

mR_kAt likes this.
  3. Starwing6

Starwing6 Captain

Thanks for the new update! I'm looking forward to seeing the twinkling stars :D

ADDED: The twinkling stars are lovely and really makes the night sky feel more 'alive.'

mR_kAt and old_guy like this.
  4. Talung

Talung Ensign

This update seems to have broken the blueprint factory. I can no longer make a prefab CV and my complete was lost.

[​IMG]

5. Kane Hart

Kane Hart Administrator
    Staff Member

• Administrator
    You Require More Flares!

Great update though :)

6. Talung

Talung Ensign

Blueprints issues is happening to others on my server. With same error messages in the console. So something is wrong/changed with this update.

7. Space Beagle

Space Beagle Captain

I can conform that blueprint have some problem - even stupid one like mine simple 'ore-bunker' that have just couple of dozen cement blocks, one door and one core! It worked in last version :)

8. Korlarh

Korlarh Ensign

Same here on our server. Blueprint in production was lost with that error message, although no resources were used.
    I tried to put it back in production, but after I pressed the "start production"-button, at first nothing happens and then the blueprintfactory is empty again. More than this: It isn't possible to put any other blueprint in the factory after this - the button "to factory" is grey.

I could spawn perfectly working structures from these blueprints in the construction mode.

9. michaelhartman89

Thanks for fixing this, my core was shot out while i was raiding a poi and i left my sv to die. Its nothing but a memory now, oh well haha it was cheap

10. Patwar

Patwar Commander

yep same here.
    Tested in normal mode, in admin console (finishbp) and when using empadminhelper tool.

EDIT : SBP command to activate spawn in F2 tool is working well.

11. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral

OP has been updated & the download is already on steam

12. Patwar

Patwar Commander

yeah !
    thank's for info.

13. XRsyst

XRsyst Ensign

So we can see stars from a planet, but the upper atmosphere is still packed with dense clouds that can only be seen when flying through them? Sure, why not.

GoldDragon and Xerexs86 like this.
  14. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

Suspension of disbelief.

Maybe it will help if you think of the 'fogging' effect when you fly up out of the atmosphere, as condensation fogging from the force of your ship pushing its way through the upper hemisphere which causes the clouds to actually form around you at a rapid pace due to the imbalance of ions and atoms... or something.

15. GoldDragon

GoldDragon Commander

The fogging effect should be more like that lighting effect when you enter the atmosphere, rather than clouds.

Unless, of course, you are leaving during cloudy/storms....

16. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Question: is there a limit to the number of HUD markers that can be active at once? The reason I ask is because I marked several resource asteroids in Ningues Orbit, and while all of them show up just fine on the map, only four of the seven show up on the HUD.

This isn't some proximity thing, I've flying right up to the Iron Asteroid yet it has no HUD marker. Needless to say, all waypoints are set to show both on the Map and on the HUD.

Not a massive issue, but it made finding a previously marked asteroid waypoint rely solely on the orbit map, which isn't great for navigating.

Note: clearing and re-applying the waypoint appear to fix it, but what's to stop it disappearing again once I go back to the planet?

Scoob.

17. TheRaven

TheRaven Ensign

All completed bp are gone in MP will this be fixed ?

18. mR_kAt

mR_kAt Captain

@EleonGameStudios

@Hummel-o-War

Other then the blueprint bug, the list of changes are getting better and better and my faith in the game has been restored. My only tiny gripe is the fuel system change and how hydrogen fuel cells were made useless... I miss those. I like some of the ideas but forth by the community to make the system remember which cell was put into the tank, so it can be removed again.

While I didn't like the weapon kits or the durability of them, I LOVE the fact that you have us a toggle to disable them (and I can always add kits to starter equipment), so in my mind players get the best of both worlds... nice work! :)

As for the farming, I know it is a work in progress with some bugs lying around still. Some plants need to be planet specific as well, with ideal grow conditions. As for plastic being needed to make grow plots, I find this a big mistake, but... allowing players to start off with raw plastic fixes this issues so thanks again for a work around for that.

My #1 thing I'd like to see next is a setting for useable fauna (easy, medium, hard). I tend to find far too much wild food on Akura and Omicron.

#2: I'd love to see autominers require a base to operate (and get a huge ore bonus for doing so), but in the end it should run out of ore. After all we need to encourage exploring right? If autominers are attached to bases they would have to be defended from AI attack as well.

#3 Last but not least, I thank you for all of your hard work and devotion that at times even baffles my mind. As long as I am tossing things in... I'd love to see the night time darker so I can enjoy the starlight more and have the moon shed some light in the middle of the night. With no moon, the night should be pitch black. Since we have suit lights and night vision I hardly see how this can be a problem anymore. Lack of light adds so much to survival immersion.

#4 Before I forget a yaml upgrade to separate what items are found in Escape Pods, Starter Shacks, and Player's inventory, is really needed. If I set my yaml to give raw plastic for a work around for growth plots, if a player chooses to restart upon death, he gets more plastic... this can get really bad if he dies over and over again just to get materials. The best route to solve this is to break it down into an Escape Pod entry and a Home Base Shack entry. Not every server uses survival shacks and still use the escape pod for player starting points.

Congrats on all that you have done... the game is looking better by the day... Maybe as a simple request, SLI support could be added to the game. It's looks really cool in The Forest (an alpha game that is made in Unity). I know Empyrion could support it as well, and it would help those players with older machines get the full experience the game has to offer. Thanks again! :D

P.S. You know you are doing a good job when you don't have me complaining much... :p

malrose1, old_guy and Gromit like this.
  19. XRsyst

XRsyst Ensign

The current high atmospheric cloud stuff seems poorly thought out, I'd like to know what problem it's there to solve. The real kicker for me is the other day I exited a planet through a thunder storm and there were no high up clouds. So to be clear it works like this:
    Clear day - Lots of clouds when leaving
    Crazy thunder storms - no clouds

I'm a gameplay > realism person but this is too much even for me.

20. Zuleica

Zuleica Rear Admiral

Uhh...no.
    Hopefully you meant atmosphere, not hemisphere.
    And considering that fog is still there if you stop moving and hover, reducing your "rapid pace" to zero...sorry, doesn't work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.