Alpha 6.3.1: Hotfix

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by EleonGameStudios, Jul 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

Did you play the DEFAULT singleplayer or a scenario?

I checked this yesterday already: Ningues, Omicron and Masperon have a 48 (In game hours) delay for the PV.

Note: the PV will start earlier if you go close to it!

2. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

I assume the Masperon change isn't in 6.3.1 though Hummel, as I started a fresh, default singleplayer, game yesterday and got hassled by the PV the first day. PV was no where to be seen, until I returned to base base (Wood Cabin) and it was there shooting it up. Could have been hidden behind a hill I supposed, but I've now explored a lot around my Original base and the new one, and not found the PV Base yet.

Scoob.

3. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

I am afraid i can not reproduce this with a new savegame.

4. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Ok, not to worry. Maybe I just got unlucky, but I certainly started a fresh, vanilla default SP start on Masperon.

Tell me, do difficulty settings impact anything with the PV? I select hard for everything...though possibly not the best idea on Masperon :)

As an aside, do you know what the detection range of the PV is? I.e. how close would we have to get to wake it up prematurely? Close enough to see the PV's Base POI on the mini-map? Or further away than that, so we may not even notice it?

Scoob.

5. Endless Shogun

I hope this means you guys have a physics engine in the background that you don't have turned on, which would be neat, Arcade is fun for a little, but the physics in Empyrion... what physics....

6. saadow

saadow Lieutenant

I have seen some amazing things flying in godmode into the polar regions for long periods of time, long stalks of terrain travelling up and down to the limits the terrain can go, looking like a starburst. Then the hand model of the weapon deforming into some unrecognizable shape, it's amazing. Reminded me of going into the black hole in Interstellar

7. ion_storm

ion_storm Commander

Could be great for orbital shipyards...

8. Dr. Harambe MD

Dr. Harambe MD Lieutenant

I'm having issues trying to get onto servers in MP, fresh starts. The server I was playing on had a full wipe, and I decided to try a new server. I seem to connect, and choose my starter planet, yet it just sits at the loading screen and never goes anywhere. I was at the loading screen for 30 minutes before I ALT+F4'd. I even tried to connect to my old server, same issue. I hit ctrl alt del to see if the game was not responding, but it appeared to be running as normal. I uninstalled the game and deleted the folder, reinstalled. No luck.

9. mR_kAt

mR_kAt Captain

I know you don't start with an escape pod on Masperon, but, I wonder if you did... would an escape pod "wake up" a PV if you flew over head of it's base in a single player game?

10. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Good point. It's not like the crash-landed sequence is just a scripted event, it's actually us, the player, in that pod.

Oh, I did eventually find the PV's Base POI in my current game - it's basically the other side of the planet, so I'd never even been close.

Scoob.

11. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Here's an odd one that's likely been around for a while, but it's only really starting to bother me this evening for some reason.

I was looting a POI on Masperon when a Spider - the spitting kind - appeared and ran at me. I was right next to my HV at the time, so jumped in. However, the spider proceeds to follow me, which is fair enough, but ends up inside my cockpit (an enclosed one) as it clips though my HV.

I've noticed how critters will go underneath a hovering HV trying to get to the player, they even seem able to tip the heaviest of HV's if they get under a hover engine. This is ok I guess, though a bit dumb, however this clipping behaviour if an HV - or SV I suspect - is landed is silly. I'm attempting to shoot this spider, so I can carry on looting, but in being inside my cockpit is frustrating that idea.

Anyone else getting excessive critter clipping into grounded vessels lately? It's as if the vessel isn't a solid object to then, yet I recall critters climbing onto the cockpit of my landed vessels previously, not clipping through them.

Scoob.

12. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Captain

Did you get damage from inside ?

13. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Sometimes the critters appear to do one strike, damaging my cockpit slightly, but they don't attack again.

On another note, I may have spotted a bug...

If I attack a critter while manually controlling my HV's Minigun Turret, they'll run to my location. However, if my turret fires autonomously, they totally ignore me.

I've noticed too that Drones my Minigun Turret fires on, just go about their business, rather than turning to attack like you'd expect.

Seems very weird, and not how I remember it.

Scoob.

mR_kAt, geostar1024 and Kassonnade like this.
  14. Dr. Harambe MD

Dr. Harambe MD Lieutenant

Has no one else experienced this? I can't connect to any servers. Single-Player is too easy even on the hardest settings, and my main enjoyment out of the game is mass PVP, so this is a huge issue for me. I've tried everything I can think of.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.