Alpha 6.4.1: Hotfix

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by EleonGameStudios, Jul 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EleonGameStudios

EleonGameStudios Developer
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Update: Hotfix 3 - Client side only

Changelog: Alpha 6.4.1 (Build 1149)

Bug Fixes:
    - Fixed: Another exploit with money withdrawal

------------------

Update: Hotfix 2 - Client side only

Changelog: Alpha 6.4.1 (Build 1148)

Bug Fixes:
    - Fixed: Major exploit with infinite money withdrawal from ATM

Note: The Nitrado servers should work correctly again.
    ------------------

We just released an update that should fix the de-spawn problem of resource meteorites.

Please continue to report all gameplay bugs found in Alpha 6.4.1 over here: http://empyriononline.com/threads/global-gameplay-bug-reports-alpha-6-4-x.12235/

Changelog: Alpha 6.4.1 (Build 1147)

Bug Fixes:
    - Fixed: Problem that resource meteorites were despawning immediately

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  2. Furious Hellfire

Furious Hellfire Commander

and so is NITRADO functioning correctly now ?

Any confirmation on that ?
    The issue was being investigated as per hummel post last night, and though my server is functioning now I have seen no official mention, confirmation that it is safe/ready to be used yet.

I see the server software for nitrado was also updated last night around 10:46pm GMT according to the nitrado panel however no information on these forums about this update and wether the blatant issue of new server puchases not allowing empyrion connections has been repaired.

So is eleons official server hosting provider in working condition again now ?

It would be foolish of me to attempt to use the server I am paying for without first knowing this.

3. Tbosh

Tbosh Commander

Why the heck would Eleon official be wasting time with another companies servers being good to go?

Frigidman likes this.
  4. Furious Hellfire

let me explain, yesterday eleon released an untested server software patch to their official server host providers, that was faulty and broke thier official host nitrado, and thus anyone who bought an empyrion server yesterday from nitrado would not have been able to connect.
    This also affected some of the existing servers with nitrado such as my own.

Hummel of war stated they were investigating an issue with nitrado yesterday, after i posted about it.

Last night there was secret server patch for nitrado, I say secret because there is no mention of it in this forum and no mention to say hey guys we broke nitrado yesterday but we have fixed it now, for those of you who reported issues with your paid nitrado hosted server that we recommended.

So yeah, I wanna know if the damn issue was resolved, my server is seemingly fine now, but I have no confirmation that the problem is fixed or has been worked on and that the servers are now viable for use or purchase.

If I go ahead and rebuild my server now, but this problem is not fixed and i have to do it all again ?

I need to know that the problem is fixed.
    I cant just rely on the fact that the server suddenly works today.

I need to know if it is stable again at nitrado.

I can not find a single mention about this entire issue anywhere except for when hummel said they were investigating.
    So as far as i am concerned they are still investigating and the issue is not resolved and using my server is pointless...

5. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral

CW7 likes this.
  6. Furious Hellfire

oh ffs thank you.

Though this sort of thing was worthy of its own individual post ! and not a note: edited to the top of the thread ffs.
    Another oversight nearly as bad as supplying your official hoster with an untested server software.
    Jokes for real

We are talking about a paid service that users are getting trouble with and they address it with Note: nitrado should be fixed edited at the top of an old thread ???

Pathetic, sorry but communication in this forum is ridiculous.
    Important things mean nothing while pathetic meaningless things get jumped all over.

7. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

The Hotfix was not related to the Nitrado issues as far as i know. Don't know what happened, but maybe had something to do with the updating process itself. At least i did not receive any other report on this, so this was an isolated issue as it seems.

Anyway.. everything should work now again. ^^

8. Ballard

Ballard Captain

Infinite money! and I missed it. Bugger.

binhthuy71 and old_guy like this.
  9. Gatt

Gatt Captain

The meteorite bug is fixed, quick someone tell Guru:D

10. Furious Hellfire

It is cool that we can tame night raptors now ! simply run into one as it is attacking you, then run around it in a circle 2 or 3 times.
    Raptor becomes confused and will walk away leaving you alone, after a minute he may come at you again, just run through him back and forth or round and round a couple of times and he will again cease attack and walk away.

Truly excellent, defeated night raptor without firing a shot, bit me a couple of times but I walked away without having to attack XD

This method also works against plant monsters. I have a plant monster anda night raptor here who cannot attack me because i simply walked around them 2 circles.

They give up and wander off, it really is quite bizarre but with that said I will try and tame some more dangerous stuff today.

11. Guru

Guru Commander

Trust me, been checking every hour since that fix was posted to experimental yesterday, lol.
    Thank goodness it's out now. Our "regular" starter wipe was scheduled for the 15th and most of them were completely depleted of deposits, so meteorites were their ONLY resource for the moment. I must have manually spawned a few hundred yesteyday *groans*

Gatt likes this.
  12. Patwar

Patwar Commander

Hello,

Just to say that this sort of bug fix should (must?) also be applied to servers.
    Why ?
    Simply to force client updates. Simply to force people that using exploits to continue without a client update.
    On Steam, we can use manual update and cheaters will continue to exploit it until a new update of servers.

My english is not perfect but i think i am sufficiently clear :)

Endless Shogun likes this.
  13. Gobarg

Gobarg Lieutenant

The reason you didn't receive a report here is because we put a ticket into Nitrado thinking it was a problem on their side

Furious Hellfire likes this.
  14. Patwar

Patwar Commander

A server update force players to update their clients.

It would be a good idea only in case of client-side update AND exploits bug fix only.

15. vxsote

vxsote Lieutenant

The first part of your statement is absolutely true, which is why the second part of your statement could not be more wrong.

It is a fundamental error to ever trust the client, particularly with something that can be a game-altering exploit (setting aside the fact that money isn't exactly useful in MP yet).

Don't get me wrong; it is good to patch the client so that every 4-year-old can't trivially exploit stuff. But if the server allows a misbehaving client to fabricate money, goods, etc., contrary to how the game is supposed to work (especially out of thin air), then there is a design flaw at work that can only be correctly fixed server-side.

16. Endless Shogun

Several servers use credits to their full effect, makes the damn galaxy go-round, a fix to an exploit like infinite credits from an ATM should absolutely be forced onto servers, that's just insane to leave a hole like that.

Gatt likes this.
  17. jake_satterley

is anyone unable to update their game through steam since this update? I have tried every troubleshooting step steam has to offer and none of them have worked. any help would be great

18. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral

19. JuStX2

JuStX2 Commander

I don't know that there are enough people on the apx 3k public servers atm - i counted all of 64 on the first 100 server spread by a rate of 1 or 2 between logins yesterday. Although I admit playing down the usefulness of credits seems to ignore the fact that there are now NPC Traders with multiboosts for 10 Credits ec on default settings; and Ignore the fact that NPC Traders exist in the first place :p

20. Endless Shogun

You're counting static data, you need to count constant data, how many people log into a server daily total. Not current number of players online.
    3300 people play per 24 hours that have an internet connection, lets just lowball and say only 15% play multiplayer, that 500 people daily, and that sounds super low to me still.

And an exploit like that? It would only take one person to skew the market of an entire server.
    Which would then require admins to investigate, make changes, ban people, search for damaged areas, etc etc.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
    Gatt likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.