Alpha 6.4: Bug Fixes and Improvements - Part IV

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by EleonGameStudios, Jul 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EleonGameStudios

EleonGameStudios Developer
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Hotfix: Build 1146 - Server only update

Bug Fixes:
    - Fixed: Problem that servers using "Srv_Visible" property in dedicated.yaml did not start anymore

--------------

Hi Galactic Survivalists!

New week. New version! ;-) This time, we not only have worked on the bug list, but also added some new stuff, for example the Tier 2 Drills for HV, new armored door types, new soundtracks, an own “Switch off all Thrusters” button in the Control Panel and much more.

In terms of improvements, we also made a slew of changes and added some refinements. Among others, we changed the visuals for the “Show Airtight Blocks” in the Build Helper menu (N-Button) to as semi-transparent and slightly altered layer to make it easier to spot non-airtight blocks and possible leakages.

Said that, we are still working on the local coop mode. We will release an improved version of it in the upcoming Alpha 6.5.

One of our most recent additions are major parts of the localizations for French and Russian language that are now available in the game. The localizations were contributed by our community - thanks a lot to everyone working on these!

As always, please report bugs and issues over here:
    http://empyriononline.com/threads/global-gameplay-bug-reports-alpha-6-4-x.12235/

If you want to contribute to the localization, have a look in our language forums. The pinned topics will have infos about which text is not yet translated. :)
    http://empyriononline.com/forums/#language-forums.41

Now have fun and enjoy Alpha 6.4!

Cheers,
    Empyrion Dev Team

------------------

CHANGELOG: Alpha 6.4.0 (Build 1144)

Additions:
    - Added laser-based drill module for HV
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    - Added new armored doors (now there is for all non-armored doors an armored version > upgrade consistent)
    - Added new soundtracks: BarrenMoon, DistantWorlds, Migration, Vanguard (Alexzander Jordon)

- Added new Tier 3 SV stock prefab: thanks to Jenniphurr (http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=962754691)
    [​IMG]
    - Added new plant to Masperon
    [​IMG]

Visual / Sound:
    - Improved mode "Show Airtight Blocks" (N Menu)
    [​IMG]
    - Updated model of chainsaw
    [​IMG]
    - Updated crashed Titan wreck on Akua - thanks to Arturius1967
    - Added dead versions for more NPCs (e.g. Slime, Raptor Night and Swamp Golem etc)
    - Improved animation for Talon and Total Horror.
    - Reduced volume of mechanical drill (HV)
    - Planet vessel: added particle effect when repairing destroyed thrusters
    - Added more breathing sounds: Talon, Slime and Worm.
    - Better death animation of Talon.
    - Tweaked animation controllers of NPCs (eg adapted walking animation)
    - Updated textures on Talon Guardian NPC (PBR shader)
    - Tweaked color mask on new fighter cockpit.
    - Equalized all biome background soundtracks regarding volume (music is now louder per default)
    - Updated fern plant on Omicron

GUI:
    - Added first version of much faster line-based scrolling list (used in Server Browser)
    - Added message "Picked up ()" for collectibles and harvest
    - Better icon for "remove map marker".
    - Added new soundtracks to Zeyhines (First Hours), Skillon (Stellar Grasp), Oscutune (Eden)
    - Added + updated some loading screenshots
    - Updated PDA for Multiplayer scenario
    - Control Panel update:
    * Hide offline protection label and home toggle for SV/HV
    * Moved Home toggle to checkbox in left panel
    * Added thrusters toggle in main toggles
    * Turret and Thruster toggles are now greyed out when not available

Gameplay:
    - Added possibility for resource meteorites to despawn after a certain time (new yaml parameter: "DespawnDelay" - see example below)
    - Activated troop transport for more Civil Settlements POIs
    - All playfields are now set to PvP in SP default scenario (before you could not damage/destroy your own structures in PvE playfields, which is an anti-grief measure that does not make sense in SP)
    - Growing plot is now made out of steel again (instead plastic).
    - Increased the distance a SV/CV can move while you are logged off and you still get put into the cockpit from 10m to 50m
    - Increased max number of resource meteorites per planet to 40

Localization:
    - First Version of new font management setup: In cases where a Localization is used that is not supported by our Bitmap fonts, a dynamic version of this font is now used
    - Added French Localization (WIP): a big “thank you” to Eric Rosson
    - Added Russian Localization (WIP): a big “thank you” to Сергей Васильев (Sergei Vasiliev)

Changes:
    - Upgraded Unity to 5.6.2
    - Improved movement of Planet Vessels
    - Balancing: reduced HP of sentry guns
    - Rockets destroy themselves now after 10s if they did not explode yet.
    - Shared folder info text files: position and rotation do not use commas any more, fixed touched_id for local games
    - Updated Localization.csv (shortened some texts, fixed typo etc).
    - Added missing GER localization

New yaml parameter: DespawnDelay
    Example:
    - Name: IronResource
    Amount: 5000
    InitialDelay: 1
    Delay: 24
    DespawnDelay: 5 # Float [0, 10000] Delay in game hours after which asteroid will be removed. If parameter is not set or set to 0, asteroid will not despawn

Bug Fixes:
    - Fixed: Local hosted games do not show up as friends any more
    - Fixed: COOP: can not use password protection while steam_appid.txt is modified
    - Fixed: COOP/MP: Using STEAM friends panel and "join game" will only open the game itself
    - Fixed: Sound of Thrusters cutting out with multiple vessels close to each other.
    - Fixed: NPC's walking on water
    - Fixed: MP: Deactivating a Artillery Turret on a HV while other turrets are still active leads to auto-fire glitch
    - Fixed: Sometimes NPCs floated above the ground (especially when resuming a save game)
    - Fixed: Personal Drone will explode when using a chainsaw to cut down a tree
    - Fixed: Possible to change faction after core is gone / lock to faction
    - Fixed: Regeneration exploit with faction change bug (Now disabling Access to CP from Back Button in all situations where it is not normally accessible)
    - Fixed: Planet Vessel not created in Survival SP for Masperon
    - Fixed: MP: Planet Vessel not moving after it is "set active".
    - Fixed: In PvP playfields player cores can be placed inside of regenerating bases
    - Possible fix for: NPC & AI turrets sometimes don't fire at players.
    - Possible fix for: Alien Turrets & Sentry turrets only shoot at 1 player & not at the other players.
    - Fixed: Upgrading a non-airtight door to an armored door will not add airtight shield
    - Fixed: Problem that rockets which were shot at terrain far away sometimes did not explode (esp. on clients in MP games).
    - Fixed: Possible to change faction after core is gone / lock to faction (Forgot this one)
    - Fixed: Problem that some alien bugs were attacking through walls
    - Fixed: Problem that other players did not show in sitting animation when connecting
    - Fixed: Deactivating a Artillery Turret on a HV while other turrets are still active leads to autofire glitch
    - Fixed: Problem with server messages not showing up correctly in the chat when using EAH server tool
    - Fixed: Destroyed Blocks painting & texturing issues
    - Fixed: Meteorites sometimes can't be drilled if falling on indestructible terrain (we moved the meteorites up a little bit and they will despawn after a certain time when using new parameter DespawnDelay)
    - Fixed: Jittery movement of some NPCs (eg Total Horror, Crawler etc)
    - Fixed: The Drill Turrets and the Drill Module's description say they can’t be used on Resource Meteorites.
    - Fixed: Problem that all SV/CV weapons automatically repeated firing when more than one weapon of the same type was used.
    - Fixed: Problem that fire sound was not played on weapons like rocket launcher when you kept firing.
    - Fixed: Problem with too glossy textures on some NPCs
    - Fixed: Troop transport alert message & sound can be heard by other players
    - Fixed: After clicking on 'Access' in the control panel to enter a turret the control panel stays open until you press escape.
    - Fixed: Draw distance of Ramps & Shutters 1x1 is shorter than other sizes. At short distances they become invisible.
    - Fixed: When loading into a save or new game & opening the map the planet info is blank.
    - Fixed: Player did not collide with other players or NPCs in MP
    - Fixed: Visual issue with language button in Misc menu
    - Fixed: Map Markers: Shrink instead of overlap
    - Fixed: MP: Dangerous Space has 2x Omicron Station
    - Fixed: Chat does not show from Mod when typing in Faction chat (now shows in either Faction or Global chat, depending which the player has open at the time)
    - Fixed: Problem with NPC spawning in scenario: Invader vs Defender
    - Fixed: NEW GAME info regarding "Start Location" was misleading when using any other Scenario than the "default" one
    - Fixed: Error linked to picture format of loading screen pic
    - Fixed: Problem that certain save games could not be resumed
    - Fixed: CP Main Page input outlines sometimes showing incorrectly
    - Fixed: Several problems with particle effects on AI Vessel
    - Fixed: Map Marker panel sometimes being selected on First Open of map in a New Game
    - Fixed: When you kill 'AlienBug03' its corpse turns into a dead Plant monster.
    - Fixed: Some colliders on non-armored doors
    - Fixed: Problem that third person colliders were active the first time you entered the game
    - Fixed: Marketplace: Buy-Notification shows all decimals (Now only showing 2 decimal places)
    - Fixed: Marketplace: Info hover text does not close / reappears
    - Fixed: Several internal exceptions

Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
    Gatt, Matt, ion_storm and 22 others like this.
  2. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Loving the new music in this game.

3. DNA.Virus

DNA.Virus Ensign

Hi, was just wondering if an error me and my friend are having is related to the new update we created a new world on the previous patch and i now can not join him on it we played it 10hrs before the patch and now we can't play together

Waffle and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  4. Space Beagle

Space Beagle Captain

Well, this escalated quickly!!! ... from experimental - I just started my game and it had 'experimental number' :D

Now, why did you use same green color for new version of "Show Airtight Blocks" (N Menu) used for SI ???
    It can be confusing like this, especially for newer players or those that don't pay a lot of attention in game...
    Why not different color, like blue, or yellow, or...

Tyrax Lightning, Marty and Slimer like this.
  5. Guru

Guru Commander

Really? Come on guys, this was TOO FAST! I mean, if it was just fixes then whatever, but when you add a new feature such as the despawntime on the meteorites, that requires us to go into ALL of our yaml files! I had this scheduled to do this evening.
    Now, per what I read in the experimental posts, the default is zero? So all of our meteorites will now vanish immediately until we can make the required yaml changes?
    In the future, ANYTHING that requires changing our files should give us 24 to 48 hours MINIMUM!

Tyrax Lightning and TK85 like this.
  6. Guru

Guru Commander

Confirmed, every single meteorite on our starters is despawning in a few seconds, and because it's trying to reach 40 on the playfield they are constantly falling. What genius thought of setting the default to ZERO??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  7. SpazTazTic

SpazTazTic Ensign

Hi and Hello
    I agree mate, Its annoying but what can you do, time to copy and paste right lol

8. Guru

Guru Commander

It is that time, it's just my point of why the default of zero? Makes absolutely no sense. Why would a meteorite EVER be set to zero? If they had made a default of 1 or 2 hours at least that is usable by players. This makes them completely useless UNTIL we go and make the changes and it could have been easily avoided

9. Guru

Guru Commander

Okay, those new T2 laser drills are nice, but they really need balancing. Players are able to mine an entire deposit in just a few minutes. They mine WAY too fast :eek:

mR_kAt likes this.
  10. Patwar

Patwar Commander

My configuration is "not set" and asteroids disappear immediatly. I think it is a bug. So they will correct it soon. Be patient.

11. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

Its a maelstrom effect to let server admins know they need to go edit their yamls ;)

12. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Captain

This might be a dumb question but I have to ask it : why do server owners use the experimental branch ?

13. Guru

Guru Commander

My point it, they need to have more notice than 12 hours for something requiring edits. That was all

6.4 isn't experimental anymore

14. Patwar

Patwar Commander

I think some people here don't read this thread correctly.

We are not in experimental mode now.
    If despawn asteroid parameter is not set or set to 0, asteroids don't despawn. So it's probably a bug.

mR_kAt, Tyrax Lightning and Frigidman like this.
  15. Guru

Guru Commander

Okay, I just changed my yamls to despawn in 5 hours, and it isn't working. They are still despawning in 10 seconds

16. Guru

Guru Commander

I agree, but it would be nice to get a confirmation from Eleon that they acknowledge the bug and are currently working on a hotfix

17. Patwar

Patwar Commander

Some idea for devs.

You implemented Thrusters button. It would be good to add RCS with it. If we cut off thrusters, we don,t need RCS anymore, i think. So it's preserved power.

18. Patwar

Patwar Commander

And before somebody ask for server don't start, they reverse "srv_Visible: true" to "srv_public: true" on dedicated.yaml.
    This parameter is needed for public server appearing in srv list.

19. Ballard

Ballard Captain

I prefer to play MP, and I prefer to watch and participate in the progress of the game. So I want an experimental MP server. Voila! query answered.

20. Guru

Guru Commander

Yeah, took us roughly a minute to realize that stealth change.

Okay, after checking further, all the meteorites on moons are staying as they should. Every planet they are poofing in seconds even though the timer was cut-n-paste to them all

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.