Alpha 6.5.3: Update

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by EleonGameStudios, Jul 31, 2017.

1. EleonGameStudios

EleonGameStudios Developer
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Update 3 (August 6, 2017): Hotfix (Build 1184) - client side only

We just released a small patch that potentially fixes the severe FPS drops that you sometimes experienced during battles.

Changelog: Alpha 6.5.3 (Build 1184)
    - Potential fix for severe FPS drops during battles.

-------------------------------------

Update 2 (August 2, 2017): Hotfix (Build 1182) - server side only

- Possible fix for problems linked to EAC

Update (July 31, 2017): Hotfix (Build 1180)

- Fixed startup problems with client and server for some players

Hi Galactic Survivalists,

We just released Alpha 6.5.3 where weintegrated a long requested feature: shot dispersion for NPCs and AI turrets. When a NPC or turret now shoots at you, it only hits you with a certain probability (the deviation depends on your distance to the NPC / turret and your speed). Let us know what you think of this feature and if it needs tweaking.

Moreover, we fixed the problem that the local coop server did not work with Workshop-subscribed scenarios.

Please report all gameplay bugs found in Alpha 6.5 here: http://empyriononline.com/threads/global-gameplay-bug-reports-alpha-6-5-x.12391

Thanks a lot!

Cheers,

Empyrion Dev Team

P.S. Please note that we had to release a hotfix (Build 1180) because several players experienced problems when starting up the client and/or server. Unfortunately, we had to revert some changes (No admin permissions needed anymore to run local coop server, EAC is now working with local coop server, etc). We are working on it to integrate them in the next update again.

-------------

Changelog: Alpha 6.5.3 (Build 1179)

Shot dispersion of NPCs and AI turrets:
    - Added variance to shooting of NPCs: when a NPC shoots at you, it only hits you with a certain probability (depends on your distance to NPC and your speed)

Gameplay:
    - Motorbike: the "look around with mouse" mode is now active per default when sitting on a motorbike
    - Changed: Now turrets and NPCs are also using rotate speed limitation for looking up/down

Changes:
    - Updated Localization: FR, RU, JAP (thanks to Eric Rosson, Sergei, Metapo)
    - Replaced model for Dining Table Bench (deco)
    - Replaced models for Armor Locker
    - Added better open/close sounds for containers and other boxes
    - Tweaked loading animation sprite
    - Apply renaming also when clicking outside of renaming input field
    - Updated soundtracks: Fall of Hyperion, Distant Worlds
    - When removing a cargo box or similar and your inventory is full, after 1st drop containers is dropped with content of the box a warning message is displayed (when continuing to remove cargo boxes with full inventory only every 15sec are new drop containers is dropped). Reason: too many drop containers have a huge impact on performance
    - Updated EAC (version 2017-07-18)

Bug Fixes:
    - Fixed: Local Coop Server did not work with Workshop-subscribed scenarios
    - Fixed: Could move CV if a docked SV was disassembled
    - Fixed: Exit HV lead to the player "looking into the sky"
    - Fixed: Some GUI elements were missing text in Japanese language
    - Fixed: Using mirror mode with Cargo Boxes could cause them to be mirrored wrong & cause boxes to be removed but still be visually there.
    - Fixed: In PDA Mission "Delicious green eating Akua / Omicron" no trigger was working in MP
    - Fixed: 3rd Person view was reset to default for pilot as soon as passenger accessed device
    - Fixed: Placing Drill Module T2 - Laser on HV prefab Tier5a after removing the Drill Modules & opening the CP an exception was produced.
    - Fixed: Group collapsing after Renaming a Block in CP List
    - Fixed: When no Turret or mounted weapons was on a vessel or base the CP showed the wrong localisation under 'Ammunition'.
    - Potential fix for NullRef: "The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object '<null>') is missing!" on playfield servers
    - ModApi: Possible fix for problem that sometimes imported structures got immediately wiped after spawn

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
  2. Kane Hart

Kane Hart Administrator
    Staff Member

• Administrator
  3. N99024

N99024 Captain

Great to see progress is still moving forward and at a great pace!

4. Andre Merrick

Andre Merrick Lieutenant

@Hummel-o-War

After the update the Server Version will not start: This error is in the logs:

This is through either Double-Clicking on the Icon to start the server by itself, or through the EAH
    Tool.

I've attempted chcking the local files.. 3 were replaced... (Sectors, Dedicated).. I replaced them again, as I need them to be specific... but same error.

Initialize engine version: 5.6.2f1 (a2913c821e27)
    Forcing GfxDevice: Null
    NullGfxDevice:
    Version: NULL 1.0 [1.0]
    Renderer: Null Device
    Vendor: Unity Technologies
    Begin MonoManager ReloadAssembly
    Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Empyrion - Dedicated Server\EmpyrionDedicated_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Empyrion - Dedicated Server\EmpyrionDedicated_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Empyrion - Dedicated Server\EmpyrionDedicated_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Empyrion - Dedicated Server\EmpyrionDedicated_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Empyrion - Dedicated Server\EmpyrionDedicated_Data\Managed\Assembly-UnityScript.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Empyrion - Dedicated Server\EmpyrionDedicated_Data\Managed\Assembly-UnityScript.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Empyrion - Dedicated Server\EmpyrionDedicated_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.UI.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Empyrion - Dedicated Server\EmpyrionDedicated_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.UI.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Empyrion - Dedicated Server\EmpyrionDedicated_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.Networking.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Empyrion - Dedicated Server\EmpyrionDedicated_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.Networking.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Empyrion - Dedicated Server\EmpyrionDedicated_Data\Managed\ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Empyrion - Dedicated Server\EmpyrionDedicated_Data\Managed\ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Empyrion - Dedicated Server\EmpyrionDedicated_Data\Managed\Mif.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Empyrion - Dedicated Server\EmpyrionDedicated_Data\Managed\Mif.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Empyrion - Dedicated Server\EmpyrionDedicated_Data\Managed\protobuf-net.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Empyrion - Dedicated Server\EmpyrionDedicated_Data\Managed\protobuf-net.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Empyrion - Dedicated Server\EmpyrionDedicated_Data\Managed\Utils.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Empyrion - Dedicated Server\EmpyrionDedicated_Data\Managed\Utils.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Empyrion - Dedicated Server\EmpyrionDedicated_Data\Managed\EasyAntiCheat.Server.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Empyrion - Dedicated Server\EmpyrionDedicated_Data\Managed\EasyAntiCheat.Server.dll into Unity Child Domain
    - Completed reload, in 0.025 seconds
    Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Empyrion - Dedicated Server\EmpyrionDedicated_Data\Managed\System.Core.dll (this message is harmless)
    Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Empyrion - Dedicated Server\EmpyrionDedicated_Data\Managed\System.dll (this message is harmless)
    The referenced script on this Behaviour is missing!

(Filename: Line: 1514)

The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object 'GameStartup') is missing!

(Filename: Line: 1743)

UnloadTime: 0.773800 ms
    Setting up 8 worker threads for Enlighten.
    Thread -> id: 7a8 -> priority: 1
    Thread -> id: c2c -> priority: 1
    Thread -> id: 7f8 -> priority: 1
    Thread -> id: 1b5c -> priority: 1
    Thread -> id: b50 -> priority: 1
    Thread -> id: 16d0 -> priority: 1
    Thread -> id: 17a8 -> priority: 1
    Thread -> id: 9c8 -> priority: 1

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
  5. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral

Can you attach the log file to a bug report instead pls here:
    http://empyriononline.com/threads/global-gameplay-bug-reports-alpha-6-5-x.12391/

6. Andre Merrick

Andre Merrick Lieutenant

7. prince in tea land

Patched, validated files, restarted steam...... I am stuck on Loading the main menu and cannot play the game.

8. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Captain

This has been noted since last update, fortunately they will find a fix for this. I found a simple workaround to allow players to start the game in the meantime:

copy the entire game folder somewhere else (out of Steam folder), and start the game by clicking directly on empyrion.exe in this new location. Make sure the Steam client is open. Works with Steam online and offline.

Needleship likes this.
  9. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral

10. Starwing6

Starwing6 Captain

Amazing! Thank you :)

11. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

Great update, thanks!

...but (there is always a but) - the container opening & closing sound. They're waaaay too long. And opening sound has weird whistle sound?Closing sound is good, but should be shorter too. Both should be short and subtle - atleast I tend to open & close containers A LOT when sorting etc. - so they can get irritating really fast.

EDIT: And the fridge. Sounds like a bike pump :rolleyes:

old_guy and Paul_Tamster like this.
  12. Starwing6

Starwing6 Captain

I've interrupted my game session to lodge two complaints:

- the container & fridge sounds :eek:
    Please make it stop.

- the new dining table
    It's nice, but I need the other table back. This one will make a nice addition but it cannot replace the other one. There's no way to make this one work because you can't paint the wood, nor make any existing wood texture in the game even close to the same colour. Please give me back my Ikea table! I would be so grateful if you'd kindly leave this one too, if you don't mind ;)

13. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

I think they should make actual fridges with this sound...would reduce my late-night snacking somewhat... :)

Thanks for the update btw :)

Scoob.

14. Jacoviz

Jacoviz Lieutenant

Hummel-o-War if you see this: i've just sended you the file with the complete italian translation

XeroTerragoth likes this.
  15. Jacoviz

Jacoviz Lieutenant

Can you please post a screenshot of the new dining table? I can't play this days and i'd like to see it..

16. The Flying Dragon

The Flying Dragon Lieutenant

Multiplayer Request:

I want to thank you for adding the thruster on/off button in the control panel in a previous update :)

One request or feature that has been in the forefront of my mind is to see a display of the cv restrictions or any kind of modification of the server in the description list. This way a player can look on the list to find the class size and settings that suits ones needs best. Its a real pain to go server to server and start a game only to find out the CV limit or turret limit setting was not for you. Would also like to see what if any base limits are. Any kind of details which would make it easier for a player to quickly find the server that suits them.
    This feature of added information would really help the multiplayer experience in finding a game they want in the browser.

Also looking for some more options like Auto Minors On/Off down the road one day.

17. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

I guess I am the only one who loves the new sound effects. They sound more futuristic and not like something that was made in 2017.

XeroTerragoth likes this.
  18. GammerThumbs

GammerThumbs Ensign

I only bought the game 4 days ago. Very nice!

19. Guru

Guru Commander

lol, to me the new sounds makes me think that my shiny, new, futuristic cargo box desperately needs oiling on the hinges

XeroTerragoth, rainyday and Moonsugar like this.
  20. Jacoviz

Jacoviz Lieutenant

Patch Today?