Alpha 6.5.3: Update

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by EleonGameStudios, Jul 31, 2017.

1. Jacoviz

Jacoviz Commander

A
    An otiugh hit me when i was inside my base. It happened to me lots of time.

2. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

Do you remember the cockpit type? SP or MP?

3. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

It's Cockpit 4 and I'm Single Player, new Survival game started on Akua in 6.5.3, build 1180 (now 1184) I think it was.

Scoob.

4. ApeX

ApeX Ensign

The latest patch seems to have really affected my FPS . I can no longer enter a playfield without hideous stuttering and loading I drop from 80-10 just turning in space. This was not going on yesterday.

ASTIC, Jacoviz, Tree and 1 other person like this.
  5. ZipSnipe

ZipSnipe Lieutenant

First Thank You for your hard work and for producing such a great game.

Well the above might work for small battles . But let me tell you about a typical faction vs faction (say 5 vs 5 person)battle. Typically a faction will attack another factions base by doing this method. First setting up a base close to the enemy base, then placing HV's as many as 15 might be used to defend the attackers base. Then maybe 10 attack HV's plus 10 attack SV's and maybe one or two capships that are used to bring stuff in. Combine this with the enemy doing about the same thing and note all hv's and sv's are built extra extra thick, so all this equals a tremendous lag fest.

Some servers like HWS have instituted caps on the amount of cv's,hv's,sv's and bases you can have on a playfield. This is a good attempt to fix the problem but still the lag is there.

Now I know this problem can be fixed, and I will say it again. Make it so that we can still build in creative but once you spawn a CV,SV or HV in a multiplayer game that it becomes a static object except maybe for the guns. I am sure this can solve the lag issue, also it will let us repair ships back to their original condition with out having to rebuild it block by block. Oh you like to PVE you say and you don't wanna change that way it is fine make is so that if the server is a PVP server then it operates the way I described above.

Why not do bases the same way ? because every planet is different terrain and we still need to build bases onsite in different configurations.

Look at games such as Planetside 2 its battles are huge , I have been in 2000 player battles soooo much going on and my pc which was a 1/4 of what it is now handled it just fine. Along comes Empyrion and all that goes out the window. Tremendous LAG during battles makes the game unplayable.

EGS needs to define its role as a multiplayer game. The game really took a downfall when guided rockets were introduced. It wiped the sv as the all powerful weapon that required skill to just having auto firing battles with cv's that took no skill and just relied on numbers to win.....boring !!! Also the guided rockets made playing as foot soldier almost impossible. Guided rockets should only be able to target vehicles for one.

Well DEVS I hope I have given you some insight on typical battles in EGS, I don't mean to complain but I would love to see this game take steps in the right direction. Sure there is a huge PVE crowd that is fine, make the above changes and improvements and you will see the PVP crowd grow.

Thanx and have a great day !!!!!!

rainyday likes this.
  6. leanora39

leanora39 Ensign

Hello Dear creators of the game. I have such a problem in the game. I do not see my character when I create it at the beginning of the game, but also when I go into inventory. And still there is no visibility of the planet map. The map of the cosmos is working. And I really miss My creation of "Stargate", preferably with a set of chevrons, as in the movie "Star Vrata.Vselennaya" -for large ships. And if you can please make building blocks with illuminators. Not enough for realism, sports equipment for sports halls. Another light Penetrates through the blocks. T the computer starts to brake. Even if you are in a ship or base room. Look at what you can do with saving the game when the power is cut off sharply. I do not know how anyone I lose the saving or gives an error.

7. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral

PC specs ?

8. Jacoviz

Jacoviz Commander

Hi guys, recently i had some crash that happen at random times. I will post here screenshots.

Crash.jpg

When i force close the game and restart it i play with no problems.

9. leanora39

leanora39 Ensign

The PC model is old, but the game at the minimum is excellent. The iron is screwed up to the side-altar.

10. GTv

GTv Captain

I tried a scenario last night, I played city of sol and found some problems. First, the trade center on Venus was floating and I had to jump up to get into it. Once inside I noticed the NPCs were moving very stiffly as if made of wood and some were walking with their legs apart more than would be normal. I think the Mocap needs another pass for the NPC animations here.

Another issue was the water had no seaweed in it for bio fuel so I eventually ran out before I was able to get any promethium ore mined. Without fuel for the oxygen harvester, I was not able to keep playing and had to quit the scenario before I even saw very much of it.

Time and fuel wasted being forced to dig underground to start a base that would not be destroyed by the pv and time spent trying to jump up to the floating trade center were undoubtedly my downfall. I'd like to disable the PV and possibly ground the POIs before trying the scenario again someday.