Alpha 6.5: Coop Update

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by EleonGameStudios, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

Please read through the troubleshooting guide at the start of the 6.5 bug thread. I am pretty sure this is again a windows uac issue

2. John Reaper

John Reaper Lieutenant

I have an I7 with 32gb of ram and the same thing happens to me.....:( I followed the instructions the 6.5 bug thread and it does not work
    Solutions?

3. old_guy

old_guy Lieutenant

Love the new motorcycle! Even though I have a CV, HV and two SVs (one fast armored one for breaking into POIs and one that's more like a RV with a lot of storage for traveling and looting, etc.) I find the motorcycle useful now and then - easier to handle and seems like it has more power!

Flash Hendricks likes this.
  4. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral

5. BatDood

BatDood Ensign

I just had a question about the new Coop. What difficulty settings does it use when you set up the server? Does it load whatever you have it set up for on a private game or is there a server YAML that I'm missing somewhere that I have to edit?

The reason I ask is because when I play by myself, I have a couple of playfields edited that adds Pentaxid deposits and I was wondering if those changes will show up on a new server for my friends and I to play on.

Thanks in advance.

TK85 likes this.
  6. TK85

TK85 Lieutenant

In my coop game the sector stayed just like my individual game with the custom planets and pentax deposits.

7. krazzykid2006

krazzykid2006 Commander

I didn't see it in the patch notes,
    Are ships supposed to slow down in space when front thrusters are turned off now?

We used to be able to deactivate front thrusters for when we needed to travel large distances in space. This no longer works.

If it's intended, fine, but they are slowing down way too fast considering there is no forward thrusters at all.

8. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral

Its a known issue.
    & unintentional afaik.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
  9. Xenophon

Xenophon Commander

Game seems to find ways to annoy with magic to force you to do things way it wants you to.

10. Furious Hellfire

Furious Hellfire Commander

Akua sounds much better at night time ;)

11. Senator Mendoza

Senator Mendoza Lieutenant

- Handheld weapons now auto-reload when they are empty and ammo is available

Not really a fan of this change unfortunately :( Versus tough enemies what I usually do is empty a weapon, then quickly switch to another to keep firing. Right now you can't change weapons until the slow reload of your initial weapon is finished.

If you would allow players to change weapons during reload (interrupting the reload process), or make it a toggle in the options menu this would be fine IMO :) Otherwise great work with the update!

hangar-8, GoldDragon, Cleff and 4 others like this.
  12. krazzykid2006

krazzykid2006 Commander

100% agreed.

It feels like this change is punishing the players that prepare and think ahead.
    Handheld weapons should not auto reload themselves. It WAS one of the things I liked about the survival aspect of this game over others.

hangar-8, GoldDragon, Cleff and 5 others like this.
  13. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

Just want to point out I have nothing to do with the Russian localization, no need to credit me :)

Thank you for the patch!

14. Jacoviz

Jacoviz Lieutenant

There are plans to implement the italian localization?

15. SacredGlade

SacredGlade Commander

I have to agree that this change in the game functionality (though probably unintentional) is a massive pain - especially in Multiplayer, where you often travel 30k+ out from a planet and as a result of this patch, you now have to sit with you finger on the "W" key even with forward thrusters switched off. I used be able to set my ship to cruise, then go about sorting constructors, ammo, inventory etc whilst the journey carried on. Currently this is not possible.

- hopfully it will be amended (reverted) in the next patch - no friction in space please!

Jacoviz and krazzykid2006 like this.
  16. Hummel-o-War

We will add localizations as soon as we get hands on. FR, RU and JAP have been done by community members - do you know a source for an IT loca? > loca@empyriongame.com

Since we internally adjusted the files, this is only a matter of getting the translation :)

Jacoviz likes this.
  17. Jacoviz

Jacoviz Lieutenant

You guys are awesome! I was thinking to do it by my self, cause i've already do if for other games.

18. Hummel-o-War

Just send me an email - i'll send you the MASTER file so you can work with the up-to-date loca strings. (Important, as it is nearly impossible to import random loca strings)

19. Jacoviz

Jacoviz Lieutenant

How much time i have to translate it?

20. Hummel-o-War

As long as it takes and as soon as possible. But send me an email first. If you do not use our template, i can hardly use the translation.