Alpha 7.0 What would you like to see?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by VISION305, May 10, 2017.

1. VISION305

VISION305 Captain

I propose that Alpha 7 will be focused and centered on Planets, and AI improvements.

This includes planet sizes, planetary generation tech, AI tech for ground troops, creatures and ships.
    Also, removing poles is a given.

2. Eleazaros

Eleazaros Lieutenant

* Structural Integrity (SI) enhanced and updated to work better (angled supports work, different materials have different strengths, etc.)
    * Dynamic/controlled creation of mini-collections of blocks (ex: merge a set of blocks into a single entity/element like the wings on SV's)
    * "empty space" made usable (getting rid of the empty part of a wall vs full block are, so that 'white space' can be used)
    * More AI Improvements (of course)
    * Support for more solar systems and the ability to move between them.

3. ITguy1981

ITguy1981 Commander

Funny you mentioned this because I was just going to start a thread on AI. The AI is so terrible in this game. I don't mind the AI of the basic critters. They chase you and you shoot them. They aren't too bad to kill even if there is a group of raptors. Aliens at POIs are horrible. They can only shoot on one plane and there are too many of them to take on at once. It's not much fun to go down an elevator to find 20 aliens in which some have gatling guns and plasma weapons that can kill you in two seconds and it takes a whole assault rifle magazine of headshots to kill one alien. You have to play this game of go down the elevator, kill one alien, go back up, heal, go back down and reapeat. During this time spawners are making more. You can't run out and kill the spawner because you will instantly die. So most people blow the hell out of the base with C4 or use a vessel to destroy most of everything and then loot it. There's also the strategy of knowing where every core is so you can just blow a hole through the POI, replace the core, and then start going through on foot and dismantling and looting while you just kill the aliens from a higher block since they can't shoot upward. Use the multitool and remove the floor and shoot them in the head. These strategies aren't fun, but they are what's needed to take a POI due to the bad AI and large health pools that the aliens have. We definitely need better AI, better hit boxes, and better damage to health ratios depending on which weapons you have. I'm sure almost everyone just uses the epic sniper because it's has tons of damage and it's easy to headshot things with. Sadly, other guns in the game that seem like they should be better are not. Any plasma weapon should be more advanced and deadlier than your basic powder round. And since the PvP is really broken at this point it seems that many people enjoy playing together MP PvE so the AI really needs adjustment. If not, I guess it just fly around and blow everything up with a vessel and use your guns for hunting small creatures.

4. EstebanLB01

EstebanLB01 Lieutenant

I would like to see the entire food and drinks system reworked

5. VISION305

VISION305 Captain

me too but you find that more important than the way planets are generated? or the AI functions?

6. Keith

Keith Commander

Hi,
    Theses are just small alterations but this is some of my wish list.

I would like to see some sort of audible alarm system one can set in options at a % of player hp, 02, food, and so I could for example set a sound to go off when my 02 reaches 25% left and 40% hp etc. and so on. not suddenly my screen goes red because my 02 has run out and I've been busy doing other stuff and not noticed it falling and I have little or no time to do anything about it.

Currently in game the "shot gun (T1 & T2" has very little or no use, maybe taking out a core or a door. and overall pretty useless due to its low damage, I would like to see it rebalanced it should in reality be a devastating weapon up close and head shots should blow the heads off aliens etc. but the range should be like 6m T1 - T2 10 metres max, and power adjusted up too, if not above that of the sniper rifles, also a lot of games replace the cross hair with a circle as you don't need to be so accurate with a shot gun, its blast radius should be that of a circle not a cross hair. and a scope on any shot gun it doesn't happen laser sight maybe but they are close quarters type weapons and really no need at all for a scope.

Pause button on keyboard, yes this pauses the game but it should also pause the sound.

When a player exits the game whatever the play has set should be a the default if he has his shoulder light on and jet pack on and drone not fixed flying mode these should be there when he logs in next he should not have to reset everything all the time the game should remember his setting like the character customisation but take its reading from what the player currently has on or off.

I have seen the player drone being nerfed more and more, to the point it is becoming a "creative mode only tool" if this is your intention why not only allow it in creative mode for building.
    If this is not the case give it some decent range ie 300m currently its 70m is not realistic for a drone especially one that is in this high tech world of laser rifles etc.
    Give it a use I see you wont be able to use it around alien building any more with the introduction of no fly zones, will its only purpose be re-coving the backpack of the players corpse and even that is questionable now as the turrets shoot it. I like to see one have to build them and carry a stack if they get shot up but also if the player is stealthy about where it goes i.e. stay a certain distance away it wont get shot and maybe make explosive drones. Right now i don't see much use for it any more apart from building.

7. Keith

Keith Commander

to the developers,
    Yes I agree, the above forum poster the aliens can now shoot up at angles yes maybe not straight up but can shoot you 3-5 block higher than they are. and some aliens can now also climb stairs, I have also seen some creatures get up on an HV's that were sitting on the ground our only defence was they were dumb and the "terrain" was our only advantage due to the huge health pool all aliens have, as all the weapons available have such low damage, even the epic weapons. Alien hp need a lot of rebalancing oh (oh and epic weapon it's a joke mediocre is a better term for them) some have bigger magazines & 5 more HP that's not an epic weapon.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  8. Keith

Keith Commander

Subject: "Troop transports"

I see you have greatly increased the troop transport, in game and are now dropping troops at a player's location,
    This is the experience I had on a current game started recently but not the absolute latest build about 3-4 days ago.

I was mining some ore with an HV drill, (large node 20k iron) by the end of my time there I had 30+ aliens on the surface above me looking for me half of them with some sort of plasma or rocket weapon so 1 shot kill, - I think this is somewhat OP.
    I have several epic weapon but still no match for 30+ aliens at once out in the open, that will also do lots of damage to my drill that's not designed to defend against aliens with rockets.

Note: I had already taken out the drone base and it also appeared they were spawning around 250m +/- below the terrain surface and about 150+ metres from my base when I was at my home base. So based on that no way to stop them by killing a base etc. this needs some work.

Oh earlier that day similar experience,
    I was in my SV and landed I was trying to loot a POI, but before I got 10 metres out of my SV I get the message a troop transport is inbound so no chance to loot anything i go back to my SV and its showing up on the map, I blow it out of the sky, rinse and repeat about 7 times, still not looted any of of POI yet decided to let one land and I killed the aliens on the ground , took out the departing troop transport and I get the message troop transport in incoming gave up at that point. this is ridiculous sure I'm getting towards end game looking for the 2 rare ores that been nerfed out of the game almost in POI's (Apart from the planets they are on)

When I was at my home base the frequency of the troop transports seem to decrease but kept coming, my base turrets took em out.

This needs to be totally reworked, 4 aliens every 3 minutes, +/- need a cap on it or something. Plus how do they magically know where I am
    all their bases barring one say "my base now" or are gone totally (dismantled) (Akua (and that one is suffering a lot of rocket damage.))
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :(:(

9. VISION305

VISION305 Captain

Yeah I think there is a problem with it. I was getting the warning every 10 seconds or so at one point. I reloaded the game to get rid of that bug but yeah it needs some work for sure.

10. Bigfeet

Bigfeet Captain

I'd like to see beautifull big breasted amazons responding to my every whim ... :D

11. Wild_XIII

Wild_XIII Captain

Sounds like you want a bit of Futurama added in!

"Death by snu snu!"

Tyrax Lightning and Repier like this.
  12. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

A complete rework of SV/CV flight dynamics, including flight control systems.
    Then me and my co-op buds can finally return to the game.

13. Wakfu

Wakfu Lieutenant

AI improvements for sure.

but also AI to actually improve. Star faring races. Universe traffick......people to see, places to go......

Shooter improvements

CV combat mechanics etc etc

a whole patch focused on AI/Space Combat/Ground combat the survival aspect is awesome, now give us something to 'do''.

14. Sacksquatch

Sacksquatch Captain

A motorcycle that's worth a shiiiiit.

15. VISION305

VISION305 Captain

I think this is coming before alpha 7

16. Kogami

Kogami Ensign

*7.0 Biggest thing would be the linkage of servers and smooth transitions between servers with maybe a small load, connecting all those little buggers into something big would be amazing. 2000 players all in the same universe? yes plz!

And maybe to balance things out, Core server would set the rules and each other server wanting to link to it has to follow those rules so players can't cheat. Would be neat having a webbed space map where you could travel far out and see a whole bunch of new people and see their wonderful creations.

*Other cool things would be bigger loot pool with a purpose, people who are raiding POI's are generally well equipped enough to take on npc's so maybe the loot could give other advantages or quality of life, such as:

Player suit boosts:
    Faster Reloading
    Better agility/speed to any ship you fly. (Navagation implant or something)
    Detection Range (Can see names of Enemies at further ranges)

Modules:
    T2 Combat Blocks to upgrade your ships slowly 1 block at a time.
    T2 CV/SV/BA/HV Turrets (Better Range for BA, Damage for Rest)
    T2 Thrusters More thrust from the same size thrusters.

Food's: Like many have said before
    Maybe have a type of graph with heat cold foods that they can produce on the one side and resilience to death on the other, so those with most effect die the easiest and those with least effect can grow anywhere.

AI: Little AI SV's undocking out of a CV and swarming you would be *_* amazing to say the least, maybe one day if we build a base on a planet AI build their own settlements next to yours and as long as you protect them they give you bonus's or loot or something cool.

Raiding parties attacking your base's like players would, but only when your online and that type of thing.

Different Types of CV's:

A core for Each class, each class would have the same limits they have now with triangles lights devices, but would have a bigger bonus for damage on weapons at a cost of projectile speed for those same guns, Speed/agility of ship would also decrease as the class goes up.

Speciality Weapon cores:

Limited to 1 speciality core per ship, removes all limits of all weapons except that weapon speciality, gives bonus damage to that weapon type and increases the limit on that weapon type. EG +200% damage to Pulse turrets and now has a limit of 10 on a CV. (less overall turrets, less projectiles less lag, and more choice and differences between player ships.) Maybe hybrid cores for those that don't like 1 type with lesser bonuses to each. (If that speciality core dies, all weapons loose their bonus's.)

A way to sell ship's so that people that buy those ships cannot alt o and copy those designs. (I know it sounds strange because there is a already so many free designs on workshop but it might be an interesting trade mechanic.)

*If terrain becomes un-diggable:

Natural Cave system with deposits / POI's hidden underground.

*Fluid Water system, digging under the sea doesn't leave air pockets :p (maybe to cpu intensive atm, maybe in a few years. (maybe doesn't even need an animation for now just a quick transition to its new position after some calculations.))

A type of Warp inhibitor module to stop players from warping out during combat. (Maybe rather connected to a natural aggression timer.)

Offline protection using an aggression timer as well so people can't just log out during combat.

A 10k hp window block limited to 20-30 placeable per cv so that CV's can have nice looking cockpits in front without it being a series weakness for pvp.

Shields that drain fuel from separate shield fuel bays so that if you get shot till your shields go down (fuel runs out) that your rest of your ship is still functional.

Terrain that auto heal's slowly and flattens out over time to reduce polygons, and if you place a base inside a dug out area that the terrain molds to the flat surfaces reducing polygons further.

(A lot of these have been mentioned in the past in/out of game :) a lot of creative minds playing this game.)

Last edited: May 16, 2017
    MJL-G4M3P1X3L and VISION305 like this.
  17. Sokuaisushi

Sokuaisushi Lieutenant

I'd honestly just like to see bigger planets, better AI and less lag!

Edit: and I suppose I should clarify that by planet I mean actual round spheres, not the little playfields we have now that are dubbed as "planets".

Last edited: May 15, 2017
    Tyrax Lightning and VISION305 like this.
  18. Kogami

Kogami Ensign

Out of curiosity would you sacrifice the ability to dig and transform the surface of the planet in order to have a larger planet, planets are already huge lag machines making them bigger will be scary for servers xD

19. VISION305

VISION305 Captain

I dont see the reason to.

Games like No Mans Sky have massive planets with terrain deformation. No mans sky is not a fun game but it does have some neat technology. In a way, each piece of tunnel that you dig out, could be considered a simple XYZ coordinate. It doesnt take much to store that kind of information as far as I can tell. We dont need more than Id say 300 planets at the most, if not less than that. So we dont need a massive 300 billion star systems map. But we do need much better planetary generation tech. The current locked poles and tiny planets is old tech. Im one of those people willing to pay more money if that is what is needed.

20. Sokuaisushi

Sokuaisushi Lieutenant

To be honest, no I wouldn't sacrifice being able to dig (which is a large part of the game) for bigger planets. But like @VISION305 said we shouldn't need to sacrifice voxel digging tech just because the planets are bigger.

I did already say I wanted less lag too :p so if they can't find a way to both optimize their game and make bigger planets I would be boty surprised and disappointed.

Tyrax Lightning, VISION305 and Kogami like this.