Alpha Experimental 6.0 - Release Candidate 2

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by EleonGameStudios, May 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Captain Jack II

Captain Jack II Rear Admiral

Sounds like it will be OPTIONAL for SP, but off by default.

ion_storm, banksman45 and rainyday like this.
  2. Yodarkore

Yodarkore Commander

- Fixed: Withdraw Hydrogen Packs from Fuel tanks allowed to create infinite energy loop => Temporarily removed Hydrogen Bottles to avoid exploit

Ok may you delete then all hover to avoid exploit, all weapons to avoid exploit, all POIs to avoid exploit, all players to avoid exploit?

Ranger and mR_kAt like this.
  3. Ballard

Ballard Captain

That sounds a bit drastic! ;)

4. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

Whats a 'flying hover exploit bug'? Never heard.

Mulac and Ballard like this.
  5. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

I think it makes sense not having regenerating bases in SP. It's more MP option and I assume will do great things there. Now having said that I wouldn't mind having specific planets that would be 'warzones' with regenerating bases to simulate ongoing war. But for starter planets for example, definitely not. It still takes away the option to conquer enemy bases which I don't like, and it feels like you can't advance and properly take over planets. But don't get me wrong - its GREAT thing it was added into the game, so thumbs up for that!

And good thing is that whatever your preference is - this (among many other things) can be edited in YAML. I just wish we could edit the game start options more inside the game too eventually.

ion_storm, banksman45 and GoldDragon like this.
  6. Zuleica

Zuleica Rear Admiral

Why would it make sense for aliens to rebuild their base when there are multiple humans vice a single human?

I didn't get the impression that you could NOT replace the alien core at which time it. Ecomes your base and can't be repaired by the aliens...I would hope at least.

7. huhlig

huhlig Captain

Honestly I've argued this before using a 4 tier fuel system with different tanks and generators would allow an actual progression, especially if progression took more than 3-4 hours.

mR_kAt likes this.
  8. huhlig

huhlig Captain

Just make these kinds of things an option in custom SP settings.

ion_storm, banksman45, Gorby and 3 others like this.
  9. huhlig

huhlig Captain

Eleon, Please please. look at the World of Warcraft interface for chat. It's simple, its easy, it allows tabs, private p2p communication, private group communication, private guild/faction communication, and global server communication. You can filter messages to different tabs and color code people easily. It's configurable, resizable, movable and you can change size, font and colors... It works really well. Please implement something similar. In fact make most of the UI reconfigurable. It provides a major QoL improvement.[​IMG]

Last edited: May 18, 2017
    Marty, Yodarkore, mR_kAt and 6 others like this.
  10. Zuleica

Zuleica Rear Admiral

The different fuel types provide no benefit other than storage space. And we need that benefit so badly because storage space is at a premium? The entire point of the different fuel types was to get longer run time with the same tanks at a price. Without that the different fuel types are kind of silly.

mR_kAt likes this.
  11. Zuleica

Zuleica Rear Admiral

So if, in SP, alien POIs regenerate does that mean you can't replace their core and take them over? I'd think replacing their core would stop regen.

12. Riph

Riph Ensign

That's a really boring outlook, man. Don't overlook the impact of having a variety of fuel sources to make the game's crafting system seem more broad and diverse.

By your logic, they should add growable potatoes and remove all other plants, because they provide no other benefit.

banksman45 and Gromit like this.
  13. buzzkills

buzzkills Lieutenant

Would love to see SV manned gunner. be able to place a second cockpit and a small sv turret mannable by a copilot

Hive and Riph like this.
  14. Daede

Daede Rear Admiral

Need a little clarification, here, and sooner would be better than later if you can help it:

Does the "visited" mechanic work the same as the one that is supposed to delete deserted structures but doesn't because anybody standing on top of it counts as a visit whether they own it or actually interacted with it at all?

If so, this is useless.

I've screamed this from the rooftops for ages: The visited system is fucking BROKEN, and it's brokenness is the reason we have to rely on third party solutions to perform regular wipes. FIX IT, PLEASE. It SHOULD work as follows:

If a structures OWNER hasn't logged in for <DEFINED> hours, his structures are DELETED (and optionally, so is he)
    If a faction structure belongs to a faction that has not had a member login for <DEFINED> hours, that structure is deleted (and optionally, so is the faction)

Until this patch, because of the incredible brokenness of the visited situation, we have actually been writing a 'player cleanup' mod of our own to do exactly what I've detailed above, and which should have been in the game since day 1. The current visited system is 1000000000% ineffective, and I've never seen it delete one gd structure (I've seen small and decored structures deleted, but nothing with a core has ever been deleted automatically from my server because PEOPLE FLY AROUND AND STAND ON SHIT AT RANDOM ALL THE TIME)

So, is this feature useless or something I should actually spend some time on? Please let me know before I dive into this mess.

Last edited: May 18, 2017
    Wizzy and Starwing6 like this.
  15. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

No. You can't build or mine around regenerating POI's. And that's one of the reasons I don't like it being the norm in SP. But I understand why, because if you could - it would make regeneration useless in MP.

It would be great if there could be SP only item - 'Invasion Core' (or something) - that would be much more expensive than normal core but could be used to take over regenerating POI (and thus stopping it from regenerating).

16. Starwing6

Starwing6 Captain

Thanks for the update, devs!! Would it be weird if I said I love you?

Hive and Thundershock_LT like this.
  17. Daede

Daede Rear Admiral

Regenerating POIs mean absolutely nothing in MP unless the touched system has been fixed, and are 150% useless.

Wizzy likes this.
  18. Daede

Daede Rear Admiral

Also, the regenerating POI bit says that it will regenerate when the timer counts down IF there's nobody within 120m of it.

If there IS someone within 120m of it, does it try again in a few minutes or does that POI just miss its chance altogether?

Wizzy likes this.
  19. LiftPizzas

LiftPizzas Rear Admiral

What I'd like to see for POI regeneration:
    - Regenerates a block or two at a time, starting at the lowest Y-axis positions. Maybe if it took 10-30 minutes to completely regenerate.

- A Patrol CV comes (maybe from space) and hovers over the POI while it is being repaired. Troop transports bring ground troops to protect the outside. When it is completed the CV leaves (back to space?) and the ground troops either despawn, go inside, or (even better) stay outside as additional protection.

itdocman, EightyEighty, Hive and 16 others like this.
  20. Daede

Daede Rear Admiral

Would be nice to work towards this. For now, though, I'll settle for POIs that actually regenerate. With the current touched system, the vast majority wont.

Wizzy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.