Alpha Experimental 6.0 - Release Candidate 2

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by EleonGameStudios, May 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gromit

Gromit Commander

I still don't get why lens flares are acceptable in gaming but are a sin in graphics. Will comic sans and star wipes become acceptable in gaming in the future maybe?

Syndicate needed more bloom in my opinion. I can almost see a yard in front of my face.

[​IMG]

mR_kAt likes this.
  2. Sacksquatch

Sacksquatch Captain

Honestly I think most devs believe they're standard, and don't know gamers hate the shit out of them. SE recently added lens flares and the backlash was epic.

I've requested multiple times that Eleon make an option to turn off lens flares. Hopefully it comes along eventually.

Yodarkore, mR_kAt and ion_storm like this.
  3. Philipp

Philipp Lieutenant

just wanted to say that i love this game.
    Its alpha, experimental and i love this game more than nearly every full-released game out there.
    And i really like the way, eleon goes with this game.
    can't wait for new updates and more galactic adventures!! :)

old_guy and malrose1 like this.
  4. Flash Hendricks

Flash Hendricks Commander

Slightly off topic, but lots of chat on here about repairs, etc. how tedious they are and how they might be improved. I posted an idea about re-designing the Factory to resolve these issues over on the "general discussion" forum. If you're interested, it's at http://empyriononline.com/threads/factory-a-suggestion-about-repairs-immersion-recycling.11256/ and there's a little poll you can vote in. Thanks.

Slightly more on the topic(s) of this forum, I fully recognise that this in an experimental branch of an alpha game (and frankly, can't believe how playable and stable it is on my system), so naturally I expect rough edges, etc. And I really appreciate the rapidity of updates, but personally I would still prefer it if Eleon worked on a few fundamentals before adding so many new features; I have no expertise in software development at all, but commonsense leads me to suspect that it must get exponentially harder to eliminate bugs as the feature set expands. So, a couple of really basic things that I would have thought were easily fixed: please could the damned tutorial stop re-initialising itself everytime you re-load a game (i.e. once I've cleared "show in HUD" could it stay cleared?). Please can I switch my own light on and off, i.e. not have it automatically switched off whenever I get in my ship? Why is the jetpack always off when you load a save, regardless of the state it was in when you saved (and why would you turn it off anyway?)? Why can't I assign a hotkey to each regularly used item (like the bleedin' motorbike), instead of having to dismount, pick it up, open my inventory and then re-place it in my toolbar)? Why is the survival constructor off by default? {insert your own list of trivial gripes here...} I can't imagine any of this is hard, and while none of it is game-breaking (obviously), it's really tedious. On a positive note, I love the way all the tanks in a base or ship are now linked, so you only fill once; more of this kind of thing, please Eleon -- enhance the basic playability before adding too many new bells and whistles.

5. mR_kAt

mR_kAt Captain

They are adding features far too quick for people to test them (or their own team I think?). They are putting out content faster and faster each month and it was only a matter of time until there would be a train wreck of sorts. I wonder why they are so eager to work so fast and push content out. Are they worried about people quitting EA or something? Or is there some sort of deadline that is looming on the horizon that they need to meet very soon. I hope that is not the case.

Flash Hendricks likes this.
  6. Philipp

Philipp Lieutenant

@Zuleica
    @mR_kAt

First, they released nothing like a respawn-system. This here is experimental branch, its for helping Eleon finding bugs and its just a try-out!
    Its not a stable Version.
    Also, this game is an Alpha Version. They are trying around things, something goes well, something not. Thats what it is for.
    I really like to test for Eleon this game and report Bugs to them.

You don't have to play experimental, you can disable that in steam.

For your problem, with that you can't drill near respawning-POI's, i posted a solution some time ago, but here is it for you again:

##################################################################

They introduced a POI-Respawn system, which let POI's respawn. Near any POI which is set to respawn, you cant build or drill.
    If you want to remove the respawn function of a POI, go to your Empyrion folder/Content/Playfield
    then open the playfield you want to edit (e.g. "Temperate" for Akua) and open the playfield.yaml (i prefer Notepad++)

go down till it shows the POI-Settings like this:

# Spawn DroneBase far away from wreckage
    - GroupName: DroneBaseAkua
    DroneBaseSetup: DroneBaseSetup
    CountMinMax: [ 1, 1 ]
    DroneProb: 1
    DronesMinMax: [ 2, 3 ]
    ReserveCount: 3
    SpawnPOIAvoid: [Wreckage]
    POIDistance: 1300
    Properties:
    - Key: Music
    Value: DarkSoundscape
    - Key: RegenAfter
    Value: 2

And remove the "Key: Regen After Value 2" lines, so that it looks like this:

# Spawn DroneBase far away from wreckage
    - GroupName: DroneBaseAkua
    DroneBaseSetup: DroneBaseSetup
    CountMinMax: [ 1, 1 ]
    DroneProb: 1
    DronesMinMax: [ 2, 3 ]
    ReserveCount: 3
    SpawnPOIAvoid: [Wreckage]
    POIDistance: 1300
    Properties:
    - Key: Music
    Value: DarkSoundscape

Then the respawn is disabled for the POI, in this case the DroneBase on Akua.

Hope that helps you for the moment!

##################################################################

I hope i'm not to rude, but sometimes people forget that this isn't a finished game, yet AND this is a experimental branch.
    I know i dont have to defend Eleon, but i'm a musician and thatswhy i know how it is, if you read through a bunch of negative comments and i think they would have more fun in game development if they could read some more positive things.

last but not least: i think it's great that they are a bit faster in development, just take a look at 7 Days to die (i really love that game, too) but the development feels like, it takes forever.

Cheers!

old_guy and Exacute like this.
  7. Yodarkore

Yodarkore Commander

Hello,

First, many of us are seasoned beta tester on many games, and therefore knows what alpha/beta testing means.
    Second, adding tons of new features just leads to more and more bugs. So if you dont make pauses in adding new features, there will be tons of bugs to smash, and many of them intricated in each other, ect ect.

So, yes you're right to tell players its experimental branch blabla, especially for newcomers that come directly to the experimental build without knowing how to play the basics of the game.

But no, you cant be honest telling us this, to us seasoned beta testers, as we try to find positive things and says it (weather is a good example of positive review from us). If no one tells what's going wrong, what the point of a public early access of any game? Robbing money and take customers for fools? We cant just seat blissfully at them while we see the game getting broken.

I wished to tell more positive things about what is given to us (we paid for it i remind you) as a "testing food". But in current state of build, many things that used to work correctly, doesnt work anymore, like:

1) Flying bigger ships. The lagshot fix require us army supercalculator way beyond scope of min/required rig to run the game according to steam shop description of the game.
    2) Farming, wich is now broken and unreliable.
    3) Chat window (that every batch gets worse and worse)
    4) Flying hover exploit bug adressed 5 months ago and still pending for a fix and official anwser on it.

I could maybe add some more, but those are top priorities issues to my eyes. So adding a new motorbike sound (wich is now ridiculous btw), an even worse chat window, useless plant textures while farming is still broken and unreliable, is not what we would see into the game as top priorities DURING AN ALPHA CYCLE, and many of us suggested basic fixes and features that could already been added long ago.

This is alpha, thats mean that cosmetics ARE NOT top priorities issues at all, we are supposed to work/test on game mechanics. Wich we do, and they do: durability mechanic is a good example of it.

We ask for a bit more communication prior to patches, and we ask them to stop add feature for a few patches to do lots of bugsmashing instead. New features can come later.

Last edited: May 23, 2017
    mR_kAt likes this.
  8. Taelyn

Taelyn Commander

So much hate about some features...

The regeneration system what u dont understand thats its a TEST... Whats the point to improve it like drilling if the basic regeneration doesnt even work normal? Thats why they test the basic. Next to that, put it off if u hate it =). Again they know them self whats wrong with it whats good and not good about it and they are working on it.. Its so hard to wait...

The durability system: Do your tool at home last forever? doubt it... Does your PC last forever? Durability is kinda normal to have in a game
    Most games have it.. Keeps things interresting.

I get it... Insteed of staying in your base whole day u have to get out and actually do something now...

Modding nah shouldnt be opened at all yet for empyrion.

Insteed of so much hate be happy they bring stuff out so quick. Many games u can wait months and months for even a patch...

The Dirt Wizard and Philipp like this.
  9. Space Beagle

Space Beagle Captain

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Philipp

Philipp Lieutenant

<3

11. Philipp

Philipp Lieutenant

But wouldn't it take much longer to make every function work perfectly and completely bug-free, if than, at last, the function will get removed after testing?

And i don't want to instruct anyone here, but if you know beta testing, than shouldn't you know that not every developer has to do it the same way and should be kind if someone doens't work perfectly.

12. Yodarkore

Yodarkore Commander

Some things are used to work, and some other dont. Squared wheels doesnt work, rounded one does..

mR_kAt likes this.
  13. Flash Hendricks

Flash Hendricks Commander

Agree with all your points but your "fix" doesn't work (as far as I can see); it stops the respawning, so you can't have infinite loot (which is good), but the core of the POI is still indestructible so you can't drill, mine, etc. or strip POIs for loot. (I have used godmode to find the core and try to destroy in a couple of different games, after implementing your changes; same result both times.)

14. Philipp

Philipp Lieutenant

Well you could delete the "shared" folder of the POI you want to respawn
    \Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Saves\Games\YOURGAME\Shared

maybe that could help you?!

15. ุSpiderby

ุSpiderby Ensign

they're playing the new version as BETA, probably. Go Steam -> Library -> Properties(?) -> BETA -> unfold the list

16. ุSpiderby

ุSpiderby Ensign

you say, you are TRIGGERED?

17. old_guy

old_guy Lieutenant

In SP on RC3 on a fresh start I've tried to replace the core of an Large Residence -- can't do it. So no way to take over that base and inhabit it. I like taking over a structure and not just dismantling it to its components. Like the Hermit crab, that's how I like to make my home.

I realize that for now I can changed the yaml file, I just have to figure out where it is. the polayfield.yaml in my savegame does not have the regen keyhword.

18. Philipp

Philipp Lieutenant

D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Content\Playfields

there you find different folders for example "temperate", "desert" and so on.
    in these folders you find the playfield.yaml

there you have to remove the lines

- Key: RegenAfter
    Value: 2

from every POI you want to disable the respawn-function.

After you did this, you have to start a new game, cause it won't affect on old save games.

if you want to disable it on every POI you have to change the playfield data in these folders:

"temperate" (for AKUA)
    "desert" (for Omicron)
    "Alien2" (for Masperon-Start)
    "Snow" (for Ningues)

by default, the POI's on every other Playfield don't have the respawn system activated (for now).

hope that helps you.

markiem32 likes this.
  19. markiem32

markiem32 Ensign

I've suddenly starting having the game minimize (like I had hit alt-tab). I'm back at my desktop, or at the steam login, or a window brower... whatever I might have running or not running.

I'll be playing and then it's like I tabbed out. I have only noticed this in the past couple of days.. have been playing this new release candidate since it was released last week.

The game doesn't crash.. it's still running in the background. It's odd.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.