Alpha Experimental 6.0 - Release Candidate 2

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by EleonGameStudios, May 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LiftPizzas

LiftPizzas Well-Known Member

I don't get how Hydrogen is an exploit. It takes FOREVER for those stupid generators to generate enough hydrogen to make a fuel pack. And if you put up a bunch of the generators you take FOREVER filling and emptying them. It's a micromanagement nightmare, not even worth the time. It's faster to fly to a new planet and spawn a drilling HV on a Pm deposit. I don't see why anyone would ever use this "exploit" on purpose.

2. Daede

Daede Well-Known Member

60 or so hydrogen collectors will effectively provide a single player with enough hydrogen to do anything and everything they need to in game, and once you get those collectors started, you just empty, refuel and forget on a schedule. It all becomes quite autonomous, and you never have to worry about fuel again.

That said, this is the single most ass-backwards fix I've ever seen. We put in a fuel-value system and people are exploiting it, so we'll just take a fuel type out of the game rather than fix the input system

What the actual crap?

Wizzy, ion_storm, mR_kAt and 5 others like this.
  3. rainyday

rainyday Well-Known Member

It seems that if the respawn is blocked, it will start the respawn sequence again once the area is clear. So if you block it and move away -> respawn after two mins (current respawn time).

4. Groza

Groza Member

20170518113248_1.jpg

old_guy, Hive and rainyday like this.
  5. Yodarkore

Yodarkore Active Member

Well, a player asked me last day about if he could get banned for making an hover flying. I came, in admin mode, to check facts about such oddity, and yes, he managed to make the hover fly. I wont expose here how to make such exploit to happen, as i dont want to give bad idea to others players. But in short, yes, you can tweak an HV to make it flight (i tried to make fly the prefab Vb, and successfully managed to do it so without being in admin mode). I'll send very soon a special bug report to @Hummel-o-War in private message about this bug exploit, as i find this top priority issue now, way before fixing lagshots..

As the player was honest and didnt meant to make fly that hover, i didnt banned him and therefore thanked him to point this me out, that's why i point it here now. So far it already have been reported in previous versions (not experimental, and before i came playing this game), so he somehow managed to ressurect an old bug exploit.

To all players, be warned this is exploit bug if you make an hover fly, and you therefore risk getting banned on any seriously admin'ed server with vanilla limits active.

mR_kAt and rainyday like this.
  6. ☣.C.H.U.D.☣

☣.C.H.U.D.☣ Active Member

BeastMode as usual....
    Good work guys.....

is there anywhere i can see a List of stuff thats being worked on?

like when are you going to start to look into making the planets "spheres"
    your forums kinda all over the place

7. rainyday

rainyday Well-Known Member

If I understand you correctly what you want - wouldn't that mean that POI could actually respawn on you, while you are in it? That doesn't sound very good either.

8. Gromit

Gromit Active Member

Looks a nice update but it's sadly missing flammenwerfers.

Marty, Hive, Jacoviz and 3 others like this.
  9. -Faust-

-Faust- Member

More importantly, having the new one respawn on top of you, or you inside one of it's walls/objects.

I see folks making a lot of assumptions instead of testing it out to ensure that what they are arguing is actually the case.

I've been fairly pleased so far with the changes. The only lingering bug I have is a blue screen of death that I suspect may be more linked to unity than specifically to Empyrion as it occasionally happens in one other unity game, but literally only the two games.

I'm at work, but once I get some time this weekend, I'll see if I can get some debug details together for the devs. Would love to see that bug squashed as it not only kills my game, it kills my entire pc with latest drivers.

rainyday likes this.
  10. Ballard

Ballard Well-Known Member

Yes, I did this once by mistake. I wont say how.

11. draqsko

draqsko Active Member

Fusion cells have twice the fuel as an equal amount of prom spent on large prom cells. You lose a little in processing and fueling hydrogen generators but you still come out ahead on a per prom ore basis. You'll spend much less time mining prom if you use H2 fuel cells or fusion cells.

Yodarkore likes this.
  12. Ballard

Ballard Well-Known Member

I'm at work, and cannot check here. I do believe that a fusion cell generates 300 power, and a large prommy gives up 150. Both use the same amount of prom, it is the H2 that makes up the difference. It just seems to not be worth it any more to make the fusion cells. Eliminating them saves on a lot of game time grind, for one thing, and you need the same amount of prom.

I would observe also that the new system has given the small cells a new use. Often your SV or HV wont fill up, if all you have is fusion cells. There is no top off, and that makes sense, because who want to burn up a 300 point pack when all you need it 30 points? So small packs are worth carrying again.

13. draqsko

draqsko Active Member

You don't even need 60, actually about 10 is enough for a single player to never have to mine promethium again after you research H2 cells. Of course you really have to have a tight production schedule with no downtime.

Actually I have a whole cargo box of H2 cells in a week of playing MP, just using 5 H2 generators and legitimately fueling them with prom. So simply doubling the number of generators will still yield a net gain without ever having to mine.

14. Daede

Daede Well-Known Member

You're misunderstanding me, for sure.

Empyrion currently has a mechanic in place to get rid of deserted structures. It's called the touched system.

You know the "Remove Time" for unvisited structures? You ***NEVER*** see it remove any structures because what qualifies as 'visited' is someone - ANYONE - standing on top of it.

So, I'm sure you've been on an MP server here or there. People fly around and look at shit, stand on shit, try to get inside shit all day, every day. That activity breaks this system, causing it to NEVER do its job.

It NEEDS to delete structures whose OWNER hasn't logged in in a predefined period. It's been broken forever for absolutely nothing resembling a good reason, and is the reason we have to wipe on a regular basis.

Wizzy and Starwing6 like this.
  15. FatChance147

FatChance147 New Member

I am pretty sure I already know the answer, but guessing we should go ahead and start fresh again with this update?

16. Daede

Daede Well-Known Member

Maybe *you* don't need 60...

Wizzy likes this.
  17. medicineman

medicineman Well-Known Member

I'm not seeing anything about the patrol ship bugging into the terrain and then being able to fire through the "ground" to hit underground targets.

mR_kAt likes this.
  18. draqsko

draqsko Active Member

Yes, the H2 you get from one large prom cell will basically have the same fuel value as 2 large prom cells, for a net gain of whatever your fuel cost to power the H2 generator and your constructor off of that.

Yes, that's why I primarily fueled everything with H2 cells, except the H2 generators were fueled with fusion cells. I was nearly doubling my fuel value with each pass in that system.

19. Daede

Daede Well-Known Member

yet to see this happen. I'd imagine it occurs when you cross a chunk border?

Wizzy likes this.
  20. draqsko

draqsko Active Member

I think this was happening in RC1 or last experimental patch to someone else. PV sank into the ground and knocked out his core. I thought it might have been similar to when you glitch yourself into the ground while building, but I never seen it myself either.

Daede likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.