Alpha Experimental 6.0 - Release Candidate 2

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by EleonGameStudios, May 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ranger

Ranger Captain

This isn't a bug report thread. It was reported, with screen shots, etc, over a week ago

2. draqsko

draqsko Commander

Yes, report it again, and again which each RC if it keeps happening. Bugs that are constantly in their faces will generally get fixed faster than ones that only get posted once.

mR_kAt, Ranger and Daede like this.
  3. Ranger

Ranger Captain

Dude, you do realize I can't force that PV to repeat the behavior, right? I'm not wasting hours and hours of my time HOPING it will happen again so I can spam them with it. They're aware of the issue. Relax. Breath. Spark a bud...

Yodarkore, rainyday and Daede like this.
  4. Daede

Daede Rear Admiral

Yah, there's even a mandate from Hummy to re-report bugs :)

Maybe re-report the same one? *shrug*

Wizzy likes this.
  5. draqsko

draqsko Commander

Not asking you to waste your time, I was under the impression you kept having it happen.

And awareness of an issue doesn't necessarily mean it becomes a priority, especially when it gets buried in the list with 100s of other bugs. Heck with computer programs, sometimes bugs just disappear without any direct attempt at fixing them. So if recurring bugs don't get re-reported, occasionally development staffs might not even realize they still exist.

6. LoganB

LoganB Ensign

The ones I know are quitting not because of content drought but because most servers will be wiping in 6.0 and likely base their expectations on previous patch cycles. I don't think it's lack of content so much as "well it's gonna wipe anyway, might as well wait it out" but with the expectation that the patch would've been out a month ago. It ends up as a feedback loop where lower numbers cause people to login less frequently in lieu of designing ships in creative or testing experimental.

All of what I said is of course completely untrue if the live version of the game keeps wiping monthly/quarterly but it's unrealistic to expect people to play regularly until the day before the patch/wipe and anything short of that is related to some attention issue.

mR_kAt, thegrazzman and Ranger like this.
  7. geostar1024

geostar1024 Rear Admiral

Right, but running promethium through the H2 generator multiplies the energy you get out by a factor of 12.5. So by spending 1 promethium ore in H2 generator and using the resulting hydrogen in Fusion Cells, you end up doubling the energy you get out of the 10 promethium you'd have spent making Large Promethium Fuel Packs.

draqsko likes this.
  8. Daede

Daede Rear Admiral

There's tons of people on my server who play right up until the minute of the wipe, no fucks given.

What I find is funny is all these 5.5.1'ers who are dying for 6 to make it to public who will likely quit immediately because they can no longer fly ships from their favorite canon or the game actually took on some survival aspects and stopped being legos in space...

9. Zuleica

Zuleica Rear Admiral

What I'm saying is that the new fuel tank system has removed the advantage of more sophisticated fuels. What motivation is there to use more than the single most efficient fuel to manufacture? Other than storage space which is really no motivation at all.

Daede likes this.
  10. Daede

Daede Rear Admiral

This.
    I haven't made a fusion cell legitimately in alpha6.
    Hell, this past save, I didn't even learn it.

Wizzy likes this.
  11. Donbingo

Donbingo Commander

So many posts about regenerating POIs, and not one mention that that actually mean they now have the tools developed to fully repair ships also, and not just the damaged blocks :)

Hive, Syncretos and geostar1024 like this.
  12. LoganB

LoganB Ensign

Which server?

If they don't quit they'll be in for a lovely surprise if they didn't spend any time on experimental.

nexus_absolute likes this.
  13. Daede

Daede Rear Admiral

Nah, they don't. At least, not any more than they already did.

POIs regenerate by reloading the prefab BP from server memory.

Wizzy likes this.
  14. Zuleica

Zuleica Rear Admiral

i ask because I can't actually test it till I get home from work but if that's the case there is no point for it in SP if you actually want to take over a POI. Jeez, can't they actually put together a coherent mechanism across SP and MP without breaking something in the process...in this case the ability to replace the core?

Daede likes this.
  15. Donbingo

Donbingo Commander

And how is that different from reloading the ship BP from server/game memory?

16. Daede

Daede Rear Admiral

I don't want players to be able to replace the core on my regenerating POIs. I want them to regen on a schedule, period. If it's been taken over, the takeover is reverted. If it's been destroyed or modified, it gets reconstructed.

Wizzy likes this.
  17. Daede

Daede Rear Admiral

Hence the At least, not any more than they already did.

Wizzy likes this.
  18. LiftPizzas

LiftPizzas Rear Admiral

I think my favorite part is that they can regenerate while you're still well within range of their huge turrets.

Syncretos, mR_kAt, Stoickk and 3 others like this.
  19. Daede

Daede Rear Admiral

I think one of the big problems would be things like containers. On a regenerating POI, you dont care about the containers. They all get respawned and refilled with goodies. On your own ship, you want pre-existing containers, fuel cells, etc left alone.

This mechanism, a it sits, deletes the POI and reinstalls it. Surely, you wouldn't want that done to your ship.

Also, how would you manage intentional changes to the structure you want to keep through a 'rebuild'?

Finally, what would stop someone from using this as an "upgrade" mechanic to easily go from one BP to another entirely? I take broken ship Y and tell the system to repair it to BP Z...

Wizzy likes this.
  20. Yodarkore

Yodarkore Commander

This. I already told this weeks ago. I've many friends who stopped the game as they dont want to bother with beta debugging and are bored on empty public servers. And they do play other games now. And most of them will probably wont come back.. :s

And i wont tell them they added the new motorbike sound, otherwise its sure they will never come back.

Reminder: http://steamcharts.com/search/?q=empyrion

Another 2% player loss this month.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.