Alpha Experimental 6.6

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by EleonGameStudios, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Christianholmes

Christianholmes Captain

Did anyone else notice when you look at the toilet it says "Food poisoning, Bad Trip"?

Are there psychadelic mushrooms now?

2. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

I think this might be linked to a change implemented a while ago. Basically, while a vessel cannot dock (as in clamp down with associated confirmation noise) to a hostile structure, it can to an allied (same faction) of course. This seemed to be tweaked so a vessel also docks in this way to a neutral structure.

So, land on a hostile, but nerfed (no guns) POI then proceed to take out the core. Return to your vessel (SV in my case) and enter the cockpit to off-load some loot - I did this one time, rather than simply look at the SV and press "P" - and entering the vessel appears to make it lock down on the now neutral POI. Basically, if I'd not entered the SV when offloading loot, I'd likely have been just fine.

As the devs are aware, I'm sure we'll see a solution to this soon.

Scoob.

binhthuy71 and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  3. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral

That could certainly spice up the ingame economy eh ? ;)

Tyrax Lightning and banksman45 like this.
  4. geostar1024

geostar1024 Rear Admiral

I'm guessing it refers to the effect that has a chance to trigger when consuming Energy Pills (according to the description).

Tyrax Lightning, Jacoviz and Mortlath like this.
  5. geostar1024

geostar1024 Rear Admiral

I am ever so pleased with being able to turn off auto-brake (and saves me the trouble of setting up a cruise system on all of my ships). I just spent the past 10 minutes coasting around my creative world in an SV, savoring Newton's first law in all its glory. Hopefully this will also lead to Eleon increasing the power consumption for thrusters . . . .

This just erased one of the major deficiencies of Empyrion relative to Space Engineers (for me, at least). My one request would be to include this functionality for the player's jetpack as well.

EDIT: it works pretty well in atmosphere too!

EDIT2: You know what this means? Flip-and-burn!!

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
    Dietrich and Jacoviz like this.
  6. Space Beagle

Space Beagle Captain

Well, you did give us a option to live a dangerous live of space highway robbers by killing Traders around Universe (and space stations with secret backdoors to their shops)... soooo, narcotics are next big thing :cool:

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  7. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Maybe its just me but I like the new Bloom effect. It gives Empyrion that old school 1990s Science fiction space movie or TV show look.

Screenshot (365).png

binhthuy71, Sofianinho, rucky and 3 others like this.
  8. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Wow so every single planet will look more realistic now ? The pictures look very realistic.

9. N99024

N99024 Captain

I mean, I had a hope that planets would get some love soon, and now this just confirms it. Can we thank the CEO of Eleon or something? or maybe a (game) god we can thank?

lol anyways, You can bet your ass I'm excited for the planets to get overhauled.

10. Kaeser

Kaeser Rear Admiral

Well there's a drawback so only some of them will look like that but there will probably be also the possibility of customizing your own game if you don't mind the limitations so you and server owners will probably be able to make all of them look like that....

11. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Anyone else think the new Bloom effect is a bit much? When it's dark, and I see one of my vessels from a short distance away it looks great. However, while inside a Fortress POI, there is way too much glare, making it hard to see. This is with shadows set to "Medium". If I set shadows to "High" the effect looks much better, in the case of the Fortress POI, the glaring white lights take on a nicer blue tint and are MUCH less intent.

This is the same as it's been for normal lights for a while now, run "High" shadows and they look fine, however run "Medium" shadows and the light intensity needs to be turned down. Some degree of balance between these two settings would be welcome, then medium shadows wouldn't intensify the glare/bloom effect.

Note: I've had to switch to "high" shadows to avoid eye-strain in the Fortress POI at night lol. I usually run at "medium" shadows, due to the large number of lights on my CV causing an fps drop.

Scoob.

12. woowoo

woowoo Commander

I see round planets.

13. Taun Hawk

Taun Hawk Lieutenant

Looks great! Really excited about these changes:

Improved POI / Resource Spawning:
    - It is now possible to use the Fixed and / or Random parts in every combination (if both are used, the fixed stuff is placed first)
    - It is now possible to use different distances for SpawNear and SpawnAvoid (SpawnPOINearDistance and SpawnPOIAvoidDistance)
    - It is now possible to place random resources around fixed POIs (however, you have to define the available pool of resources in RandomResources first)
    - POI-related resources are now placed before the purely random placed resources to assure being allowed to still place them
    - Added distance variation to placement of resources around a POI

Glad to see that this was possible with mixing Fixed and Random! :)

14. DragonHalo99

DragonHalo99 Ensign

okay I am now hyped for 7.0 I hope it's opening up the poles of the planets and making planet's bigger. I think that's the only thing left on the list from the last survey. Am I wrong?

15. Christianholmes

Christianholmes Captain

Well I had no idea- I've never eaten energy pills, I use them strictly to make emergency rations.

16. geostar1024

geostar1024 Rear Admiral

Right, given how annoying it is to acquire egg plant parts, I don't see why you'd ever want to just eat them (and adrenaline shots are pretty easy to mass-produce).

binhthuy71 and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  17. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

What type of limitations ?

18. MadRussian

MadRussian Ensign

I see that too! Tough to tell 100%, but these planets are really big if they are indeed round. The pic right below the one with the landed ship is the most telling (less mountains obscuring the horizon, etc).

banksman45 and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  19. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Did you just seriously ask for this!!?

LOLcat Pic3.jpg

I've personally been sending my Prayers of Thanks to Arceus. :p

aka the wise thing to do with them. :D

& Adrenaline Shots are actually safe.

Kronoss likes this.
  20. michaelhartman89

I was thinking he meant decreasing. A little insight as to why this should be increased would be helpful.

I think it's balanced right now, although I'd still love to see alternative power sources added.

Myrmidon and Tyrax Lightning like this.