As-of-yet-to-have-a-real-title Emyprion Original Content Roleplay Thread.

Discussion in 'Role-playing' started by Brokenshakles, May 21, 2015.

1. ObjectZero

ObjectZero Commander

[Date 01-06-2473-15:50]
    [Log Entry – 11]

I’ve hiked most of the day now I’ve made it pretty far I figure I’m heading in the right direction, since not only does the computers nav’ say so but I’ve also managed to spot a smaller sections of the ship. Nothing of real worth left in them. No food, no water and no extra suit parts. But I did find some ammo, in the wrong caliber for my rifle though. I took it anyways, once I setup a base I might be able to use it.

It’s been quite so far no signs of life but my suits sensors seem to be messed up. Guess I just never noticed since I’m so used to doing things without them. But I should check my suit over more later just to make sure there is nothing else wrong with my suit I don’t know about.

[Date 01-06-2473-18:50]
    [Log Entry – 12]

It’s getting late now I found a large storage crate I’m guessing it’s from the Helios cargo hold. I’m not sure if there was anything in the crate to start with but there is nothing now. But it’s a roof over my head and if the sky above is looking pretty bad right now. I’m might be in for a rough patch of weather soon. I have no clue how bad the weather patterns can be on this planet yet, but I’m going to play it safe. Ok about as safe as camping in a large cargo container can be.

I sealed myself up in my make shift home be for checking over my suit in detail. It was a good thing I checked my suit when I did. I guess the fight with the Dinos damaged one of the battery cells. This isn’t normally too bad, but the cell leaked all over the main board for the suits sensors and com’. Explains why I haven’t been picking up life signs or radio chatter. This just makes things harder now; I’ll have no way of knowing if anything is near or any way of picking up ore if I have to mine. Also means I have no way of testing planets to see if I can eat them without other equipment. Nothing else seemed to be wrong with the suit beside the problems I already had with it. This trip just keeps on getting better. I pulled the busted battery, capacitor and the busted boards and re-wired the suit. Without the busted sensors and com' eating power, even with one less power cell I’ll have one third more power on the suit.

I used the busted battery, capacitor and ammo I found earlier to make a bomb. It might not look like much but it should still put the hurt on anything it lands near.

I’m going to call it an early night today I can hear the wind outside the cargo container picking up.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
  2. JayCo

JayCo Commander

[AMS Supervisor Jay's LOG]
    [Date 01-06-2473-19:31]
    Log-13

"I got to the Helios wreck, dragging the escape pod up close and put some scrap metal plating from the hull across the door to protect the pod a bit then I tried using my mining laser to burn out the hinge mechanism on one side, didn't make much impact on the hinge even after 20minutes. I tried using a peice of scrap support bar from the wreck to pry at the door but to no avail, the pods built like GalticNox bank, No way I can get in. The guys suit looks unharmed so he shouldn't have any external injuries but without the medscanner of the pod to connect to (I busted up the onboard computer) I dont know if they are ok medically. I bored a bigger hole into the glass with the ining drill and took a blood sample and checked it in the medkit for posioning, seems he has a high dose of Anasthetic still in his system so will probably be out for a good day or so more, His suits Bio system was running low on water so I topped it up from my reserves, only 1 litre left now, have to find another Dino or fresh water again.

[END]
    [Date 01-06-2473-20:18]
    Log-14

"Got DSC1 as I have named him into the medical area of the ship, looks like our mystery man slept here last night, good job too seeing as the door has been slashed by something, looks like it could have been those skely things maybe a big one or possibly something I haven't seen yet, Either way staying here would be prudent but I need to catch up to that guy, 2 is better than 1 for protection.
    I found a small cargo container, and strapped it onto my makeshift sled next to the pod. Been searching the wreck some more, got the captains cabin open again just as well I locked it when I left, after searching around I found some more ammo for his pistol 50 rounds, A couple of ration packs and 2 desert flasks a litre each, When I do find water at least I will be able to fill up some more now.
    Took the spare bedding, pillow, and emergency kit out of his locker, I know I will be needing it the nights are getting colder, DSC1 is alright tucked up inside the pod and his suit from the worst of the weather.
    Next task is rip apart everything else around here, once I catch up with our mystery man and hopefully work out a plan together I want to have some parts to start building up a land vehicle, I know those engines are fried but there will still be servicable parts inside we can use, at least we can get a safe camp setup somewhere, Looks like we are gonna be here a while, almost a fortnight now and no more aircraft flying over, Still live in hope."

[END]

Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
  3. ObjectZero

ObjectZero Commander

[Date 02-06-2473-8:40]
    [Log Entry – 13]

The storm didn't let up till late morning but he cargo container held. Still have some clouds over head but nothing like last night. It should be safe to move on now. I gathered up my stuff and moved out. I'm bound to find something of use if I keep moving. At least that's what I keep telling myself, maybe if I keep saying it I'll believe it at some point.

[Date 02-06-2473-16:18]
    [Log Entry – 14]

My twisted luck seems to be holding out. I found a large section of the ship that looks like it might contain part of an engine and generator. The only down side tall slender figures are crawling all over it. If the Dino's showed me anything about this planet it's that it's safer to figure on the locals are not friendly. I was wiser this time and stayed away far from the wreck. I used my rifle scope to get a rough head count. From what I could see I'll have to deal with at least 10. I can't tell if more are hiding in the wreck or not, not with my busted sensors. My DYI bomb would only deal with 5 maybe and that's only if I was really lucky and they where not.

I decided to hide in a near by wreck out of site, but still not far. Looks like it was part of the crew quarters. I'm guessing the Helios was a freezer pop ship since none of the beds looked used. Never was one to fly the frozen skies. But when you travel solo so much it's not really an option you have. I've started to pull the wreck apart for steel and other parts I'm going to need supplies for the fight ahead.

I managed to scrap together a small arc furnace to melt the steel. I figure it about time I started making something to fire out of my rifle.

[Date 02-06-2473-20:58]
    [Log Entry – 15]

After melting some of the steel down I managed to make about 58 round for my rifle. They're not pretty and not an balanced as they could be but they'll kill just the same if I managed to hit with them. I could make a few more but I'm calling it a night for now. I don't want to rick giving my location away to those things. I've sealed up the larger hold and threw together a make shift door. It might not stop those things but it should give me enough time to ready my rifle. Looking at this setup gives me an idea I'll have look around more tomorrow to see if it's a good idea.

I'm calling it a night.

4. JayCo

JayCo Commander

[Date 02-06-2473-02:07]
    Log-15

"Yes its 2am and its freezing and its wet wet wet, I got most of the electronics from the captains cabin, pulled as much stuff apart as is left here and pulled together a great supply of parts, Comp'd them against the scematic database on my HUD and I got the bits to build a few different things, but without a power generater they're all useless, even the panels from the pod wouldn't generate enough power for more than the food processor, I decided to live in hope that whoever that guy is out there he stays put at those engine pods.
    Since the weather has turned ugly I decided to stay inside the old medical bay, which I stripped also, I jammed the door closed with a bit of support bar from the walls, Lots of good Steel here, I will have to remember to come back for some once I have made friends with that stranger and we work out a plan of action for surviving here while we wait for rescue.
    On the supplies front I am down to 1 Litre of water left, I haven't drunk much today and my suit still has a little over a half litre still so I saw no point in opening the cannister just to refill my suit, After all DSC1 might need a top up sometime tomorrow and its no good if its all in my suit is it. Although his pods computer is fried the life support system is still semi functional, giving me a read on his nutrient ad water levels, Nutrients down to 16% though and I don't know where or how to fill that, the water tank was easy to find but can't find anywhere to add nutrients, must be cover panel somwhere but have to wait for him to wake up. In the meantime I tied a load of vines around the door to stop him running off during the night, might be selfish but I dont wanna be alone again, he will probably be annoyed but whatever I saved him from that psycho AI.
    I got 3 Energy bars and a six sachets of instant coffee, Saving the coffee for when I get to that stranger and I can find a reliable source of water without having to lug DSC1 around with me. That is (as I keep saying) if the guys friendly.... Guess I am feeling a bit worried having been alone so long, I just had a thought, I wonder if my old buddy Greg is still on duty for Beacon rescues in the DSC, He used to be, Maybe he might come looking for DSC1's beacon signal, Wish I could have got it going again but that damn AI malfunction shorted it and burnt out the circuitry. Oh well, I can but hope."
    Night for now LOG, Gonna set sensors to 50feet and get some sleep....

[END]

5. Brokenshakles

Brokenshakles Rear Admiral

[Date 02-06-2473-02:37]

Ugh...

Looks like I survived.

I can't even move a finger though, or feel them for that matter. Either I am paralyzed and am desperate need of a medical pod, or I am chasing Mr. Dragon. My mouth is so dry.... definitely the dragon. Hopefully.

That damn computer must have had it's FPU spit out garbage again. Last time I hook that thing into the IV measurement unit, I swear.

The fuck? Why didn't I just use a integer based system?

I really, really, could wish I could swear right now.

Cmon, eye's open...

Why is there a perfect borehole in my podglass?

Is that a person!

Is there anybody out there? Can somebody hear me? I don't think I'm actually talking. What is he doing? It's too blurry to make out. What is he saying? Kenny! Speak thru the hood!

Is he hostile?

6. Magelon

Magelon Lieutenant

What the hell was that......................
    Magelon AMS Search & Retrieval.
    Arrival Log 2 01-06-2473-017:22

............I had just initiated atmospheric entry when some type of EMP hit the ship, most of the systems are fried but not all. It seamed to have targeted the flight systems only but there is still power to some of the minor systems. I'd had extra shielding put into this ship after a previous mission had taken me too close to a Quasar and blew out several systems, a time I wont forget in a hurry.
    No point in trying to control this ship now, just have to strap in and hope it all goes well. The cryo-pod should keep me fairly secure as long as the pod stays secure, might grab some extra insulation and drag it in with me although not much room in here. Glad I had time to prep some rescue gear, wow starting to shake now no time to worry just seal this thing up.
    As I shuffled into the pod I touched the button and watched as the doors slowly came together then locked with a sharp click, the hissing noise of the gas as it filled the tube to put me to sleep.............

Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
  7. ObjectZero

ObjectZero Commander

[Date 03-06-2473-10:35]
    [Log Entry – 16]

I looked over the rest of the wreck I’m currently living in, about the nicest home I’ve had so far here. But I guess that’s because it is the sleeping quarters. I’ve found 5 complete rooms; the doors where pretty easy to get open without power to the locks I was able to just pry them open. I was able locate a few extra suits. Two of which I can use the parts from to fix my sensors and battery at least. Still no fix for my O2 filter. I’ll end up with the bends in space if I don’t have that working. No extra ammo, a few personal effects, some reading material, a couple a seed packets, some small snack food, personal fridges and enough water filtration to last a large crew half a year. Guessing this section of the ship was near the hydroponics. But from the layout of the wreck it looks like it’ll work for my plan to take back the engine section for those creatures.

[Date 03-06-2473-12:30]
    [Log Entry – 15]

Ok it’s time to go be an idiot and pick a fight. I’ve rigged up my rifle to the extra battery pack, redid the calibrations and removed the safety limiter. I won’t be able to fire fast but whatever I hit should go down in one. I have my bomb read to go and I’ve patched up my suit the best I can. It does not look all that great right now with its patch work coloring and slapped on parts. But it’ll work just as well. I figure am as ready as I’ll ever be, I hope it’s worth the fight.

[Date 03-06-2473-19:28]
    [Log Entry – 16]

I’m alive more or less. It was a longer fight then I thought it would be. Talk about tough buggers. But the plan kind of worked.

The plan was to engage the creature at my rifles new max range. Draw them out and kill them, if they charge I’d fall back to my wreck and use the narrow hallways and door ways to funnel them in and kill them one by one. If I was over whelmed I’d fall back one more room and set off the bomb I have placed in the room be for, and then mop up whatever was left and sweep the engine wreck. That was the plan.

I walked out to the clearing to give me a clear line of sight to the creatures. I plopped down my battery pack shoulder my rifle. Took sight of the largest one outside the wreck and let off one round. If it wasn’t for the thrusters on my suit and the servos I just fixed the recoil would have sent me flying, instead it only pushed me back one meter. The round nailed the large one square in the chest, than poof it was gone. All that was left was a red splatter mark on the outside of the wreck. All the creatures on the outside froze with shock at that moment. I didn’t waste that moment and fired off two more rounds killing two more. At this time the others start coming out of the wreck letting out a loud shriek. I popped one more as they did. Well it was clear now to them it seems as to what was turning them in to red goo. The rest of them started to make a bee line for me. Firing my rifle at a standing target is one thing, a moving target not so easy with its current recoil. I was able to fire off five more rounds be for they had already cut the distance between us by half. Only two of the round found a target, one in the chest of one and the other on one of the creature’s leg, causing it to fall. I popped off the cable that hooked my battery to my rifle and took off running back to my wreck, with them hot on my heels. The stupid things are faster then they look.

As I neared my wreck the nearest one to me took a swipe at me, clipping my right shoulder guard putting me off balance. I tucked in to a tumble and let my inertia cover the last of the distance to my wreck. But instead of going through the doorway like I had hoped I slammed in to the side of the door frame. I rolled to my side and just narrowly missed getting hit by the claws of the one that knocked me down. I scampered through the door way in time to hear the rest of the group crash in to the side of the wreck screeching and clawing at it. I got back on my feet and made my way to the other side of the room kneeling plugged myself in to another battery pack I had already setup, and fired the moment one of them showed their ugly mug through the door way. One more down, took the head clean off. At that moment it all went quiet. I stood back up trying to get a better angle to see around the other side of the doorway. They were gone, I slowly moved toward the doorway dragging the battery pack behind me. I low my rifle and slowly poke my head out of the doorway. Right as I do that my suits sensors fire up warning me above. I quickly try to pull my head back, but I was too slow. I get slammed to the ground with my helmet pinned to the ground by one of the creature’s claws. With the one still pinning my head, the other clime their way down off the top of the wreck; getting ready to give me a new hole to breathe through. As they bring back their claws, I fire off a round from my rifle that was pinned between my body and the ground. The recoil tears the helmet clean off my head and sends me sliding across the ground back in to the room right in to a wall. Without my helmet my head smacked in to the wall as well leaving my dizzy. In my disorientated state as I’m trying to get back on my feet. I can make out the faint outline of the creatures coming in to the room. The three causally start to make their way over to me, as I disparity try to get my footing back and shoulder my rifle while the world is still spinning. As I’m about to shoulder my rifle with the creatures getting ever nearer, I notice a small red light blinking from behind me. It was the bomb I made; when I slide across the room I must have hit it as well. With no idea how much time I had left on the timer I charged toward the creature to get to the door way behind them, I shoulder between two of them right as I’m trying to dive through the doorway to safety . I feel one of them grab my ankle. I grab hold of the doorway frame and as I’m about to look back and try to kick the one that has me I see a bright flash of light and blasted out the doorway. Sent tumbling head over heel across the dirt, only to be stopped by a nearby tree; with my vision blurred from the blast I can make out the smoke pouring from the now deformed doorway.

I gather myself back together leaning on my rifle as a crutch while I waited for my vision to clear back up. Once my vision had cleared I stumbled back to my wreck. Trying to shoulder my rifle the best I could while hobbling. By time I made it to the doorway the smoke had cleared and all that was left of the three was blacked and twisted corpses. As I’m watching the three smoking in the room, the one that I got in the leg pulls my feet out from under me. The stupid thing as still alive! I fall flat on my back as stumpy launches itself at me with its left over good limbs. But I manage to get my rifle between us, placing the barrel in the center of its chest and the butt on mine. With nothing left to loose, be for it could rip off my face. I fire the rifle the impact splits the creature in two in a giant red shower, the recoil drive me five centimeters in to the ground and busts my chest armor and my ribs.

I know my ribs are busted, my shoulder is most likely out of place now, helmets gone, chest armor is busted and my ears are still ringing. I think I’ll call it a day right here and take a little nap.

8. ObjectZero

ObjectZero Commander

[Date 03-06-2473-23:58]
    [Log Entry – 17]

As much as I would have liked to lay there in my little indent in the ground. I needed to get up, which wasn’t easy. The servos in my suit are trashed, they would have worked anyways the battery pack was crushed from the recoil as well. I managed to slip out of my outer armor with my one good arm while still lying in my little dent. After I manage to roll myself on my belly I got reminded of the fact that my ribs are busted. That jolt of pain work me right up; which just caused me to roll back on my back and hit part of the armor I had just taken off with my busted shoulder, once again with the light show in my brain.

Once I was able to get myself back on my feet I grabbed my rifle and slowly walked back to the twisted doorway. On the way there I happened to spot my helmet. Guess it got pushed away by the blast like I had been. I nudged it along with the tip of my rifle back to the doorway. The idea of bending down to pick it up wasn’t a pleasant one.

I got to the door way and made my way past the corpses of the creature and limped my way to the other door on the other side. I had stashed my survival stuff two room back just in case thing got messy, kind of how they are now. But the blast has caused the door to be jammed shut and I can no longer open. My mining laser is in there and my rifle has no power left. I did manage to put my shoulder back in, but I have little use of my right arm still. I went ahead and lie down next to a wall and put my helmet back on. It’s a little worse for wear and has been splattered red but it still worked and had a tiny charge of it’s one. Just enough to flash at me about my current physical state like and angry mother on the up side it didn’t say anything about head trauma so I should be ok to go back to sleep. Which I think I well I don’t think anything is going to bother me and my roommates.

9. JayCo

JayCo Commander

[Date 02-06-2473-03:21]
    Log-16

"DSC1 woke up around half hour ago but is asleep again now, He was trying to speak but it was all slurred and illegible, probably a side effect of so much sedative from that damn AI, Hopefully the next time he wakes up we can have an actual conversation. In the meantime I lashed yet more vines around his pod, even if it has explosive escape system that door aint budging. Checked the door ro our little area again before I go back to sleep, seems safe as it can be so I guess its back to sleep for now."

*huge explosion high up in the atmosphere*

"what the..... there must be a window I aint opening the door.....

*looks around sees the blast shutter window has a nice split in it, Peers through*

"Its a ship, DSC design for sure, yet another victim of this planet by the looks of those smoke trails pouring out of the engine areas, oh my god he's gonna hit right around where Engine pod is, I hope whoever it is survives so we can find out what happened, from the looks of it there's no thrust coming from any of those engines, and the hulls breaking up but hopefully they have a cryo section which are usually heavily reinforced. I hope he doesn't crush our stranger if he made it to the Engine pod that is. Not much I can do for either of them for the moment still pouring outside and those skely things or something is out there and I have very limited ammo. They will have to wait until morning proper."

[END]

10. JayCo

JayCo Commander

[Date 02-06-2473-21:56]
    Log-17

"Got driven all over the place today, finally gave up trying to get anycloser to that new crashed ship or the Engine pods, Skelys everywhere in pairs and singles, I kept hiding to avoid them. They were all converging on what looks like a section of the Helios Hydroponics plant room and another thats like the captains cabin but less grand, maybe some standard crew quarters. I'm kinda out in the brush here, found a nice overhang of tightly twisted branches and bushy leaves, good cover to view the area without being spotted and I pulled more branches in so its almost like a cave here now, Had a few more skelys walk right past they didn't even notice us. Checking my suits Enviro readings, they say A3 Atmos breathable, low in pollutants, bet the crashes have added those pollutants so they'll clear up quick enough. Unlatched my helmet and took in a breath, nearly double over coughing, lucky the skelys were far enough over the otherside to hear me, fragrant isn't the word for the smell its damn near over powering, I put my helmet back on quickly and locked it back up, switched the recyc back instead but my suit still reaks of flowers, No wonder the Skelys walked right by us they probably can't smell anything except the flowers we're hiding in, great cammoflage.
    Seen smoke coming from inside the cabin section to the left of my position, way off to the right is the Hydro works room and I can just make out one of the power generators inside, doesn't look to banged up and my readings aren't pinging me about high radiation so its either evacuated, deplated or hopefully still contained and useable, I am hoping for the latter but if the crash protocole was executed corretly then it would have had its chamber evacuated before impact to the sealed containment area to avoid contamination spread, lets hope for a computer malfunction.
    No point in trying to get any closer tonight, whoever is making that smoke is definately not trying anything in the pitch black tonight.
    Sensors set to 30meters internal warning vibrate, I dont want the Skelys hearing an alarm. Checked on DSC1, used some moist dirt to write "keep quiet - danger" backwards on the glass so he will see it the correct way round if he wake up, hope he can read English. going to get some shut eye, doubt I will sleep but need to rest the bones a while."

[END]

11. JayCo

JayCo Commander

[Date 03-06-2473-19:47]
    Log-18

"First thing I did this morning when I awoke was check my body parts, can't beleive I managed to sleep through the whole night with those things so close, DSC1 might have woken up I dont know, they did roll over a bit in the pod so hopefully they're feeling better but still showing no sign of full consciousness yet. Decided I need to help this person who was hiding in the cabin section out, way too many skelys walking around the outside of this area, gonna see if I can take those out for him, should give them a fighting chance against the ones who are crawling all over the hydro works section. Since I didn't want DSC1 to be trapped I cut off all the vines, if he wakes and wants out then he can, I left my spear proped again a tree right next to the pod its the best I could do, then I left and started creeping slowly through the undergrowth around the perimeter, The skelys dont have great hearing obviously as it turns out, creeping up behind them and cutting their throats turned out easier than I suspected and the makeshift machete tended to cut through a bit more than just their throats sometimes leaving them headless. I did a full circle of the clearing and took out near 17 of the buggers, their friends on the Hydro works section never came looking.
    Then all of a sudden a great crack as of an Anti aircraft gun going off, and there's Mr Stranger where a suit thats looks like my granny made it from a patchwork quilt, wires hanging out where addons have hastily been attached from other suits obviously, holding what looks at first glance to be a DSC Standard rifle but its a little longer and a bit customized, certainly packs a puch being as even in his suit the round he fired pushed his whole body back a good meter or so... The skely he hit literally obliterated, the bullet or projectile, whatever he fired tore through it so quick that for a second it was just a whole in the thing, then the after pull happened and it kinda just splatted, its whole body was literally pushed back so violently by the projectiles impact that it splatted again the hull and was just a stain, Stranger took out 2 more with five shots but had to run, I fired too with the pistol and managed to get one that he didn't see on the roof that was gonna jump down right as he got pushed by one and smacked head first into the hull of the cabin section, ouch. We was up again quickly though and straight inside, skelys on his heels, I pushed out to use the pistol to take on some of the ones outside, hearing him firing from inside was a good sign they hadn't got him, then he was in the doorway, and I was being pushed into the bushes just out of arms reach from him on his left, he was moving frantically to get out of the door, not shooting ahead of him when suddenly it all went white and me and the skely attacking me were through off into the trees and undergrowth, skely ended up impailed on a branch that was prodtruding under my arm, an inch over and it would have been me impaled. My armour was locked up from the impact to prevent me from too much injury, it released moments later and I got out of the tree, looking over my suit its a disgustig mix of black gut streaks and blood stains, great, Another reason to find a good reliable water source. Mr stranger was attacked again by a skely after the explosion and it had him pinned.... until he pulled his trigger, that gun has serious damage, splatted the skely like it was microwaved butter, but pushed him, literally his whole body into the dirt by like a few inches.... I heard the cracks.... He wasn't moving so I walked over to investigate and offer assistance, just as a skely came out of the trees beside me, these flowers are great, I swung the machete and plucked his head off like a freshly mowed weed in the grass, Set sensors to 100m and quickly see there are five more out here so I am going after them, They're spread out and heading over here, more might be nearby them, but none right around Mr Strangers body, I will have to leave him for the moment and take care of these uninvited guests."

[END]

12. JayCo

JayCo Commander

[Date 04-06-2473-01:47]
    Log-19

"Got back around 11pm, Killed the nearest 5 or 6 skelys, the rest moved away from the smell of their dead, I guess its a good thing, so I grabbed an arm, sick I know, and went around to every tree around the clearing and dabbed their blood on it in a circle about 20m out from the edge of the clearing, then I moved inside the ring of blood and watched, Skelys came close to the edge, flared nostrils and left, seems I have found a way to give us a bit more protection from them from now on.
    I walked back into our clearing to where Mr Stranger was, he'd moved but left most of his armour in the indentment he made in the ground, chest plate, cracked, legs and arm guards are ok, back plate dented, definately gonna be sore, I cautiously crept towards the cabin area, he must still have the gun and I have no idea if its still working, although there is indentments in the dirt, I think he used it as a crutch, so the barrel might be jammed up with dirt... I decided to be very cautious and layed down on the ground and slowly peer around the battered door frame... stright into the leg of a blackened skely, dead thank god but gave me a fright, I look a bit higher over its leg and another room back in the corner up against the wall is the stranger, gun laying to his side, I got onto my feet still crouched and slowly make my way closer. He's out for the count, but still breathing, if unsteadily, I creep out quietly and go back to where DSC1 and my sled are and drag then over to the cabin area and as quietly and gently as possible I remove the dead skelys and very slowly and quietly drag in my sled. I got the blankets and pillow out of the storage container and gently add them to our prone strangers wall position, at least he wont freeze tonight, the temperatures dropped alot.
    The floor is steel and I know its a bad idea to make a fire directly on it, a bit of quiet searching outside finds me what I need, a section of the outer hull wall is nearly pulled off from the initial tear up of the ship allowing me access to the internal insulation, fire retardent and highly insulating, I gathered up some wood and take it and the cut off peice of insulation inside the cabin and place it about 3 feet from Stranger and the pod, and then make a fire to keep us all warm, looking over at his rifle I see its missing a power supply, just a wire hanging out the back, he must have super charged it, good plan, but at least I know we wont be shooting me tonight, I pick up the spear and ready the machete and take up position just inside the battered door frame, Wont be sleeping tonight. Its then that I remeber the other crash, and realise the low light I can see just a few K's away isn't sun or moonlight shining down its actually a glow from fire, the other crash obviously, its not too far away but now with 2 people to protect until morning I can't leave to investigate that, I left the vines off DSC1 pod and wiped off the keep quiet signage from the glass, I will be glad if he wakes up and then one of us can see what can be done about the other guys wounds while the other goes and investigates that crash and see if anyone survived it. Good to be amongst people again, I will never again underestimate the importance of being around others again LOL."

[END]

13. Brokenshakles

[Date 04-06-2473-01:55]

Ugh...

The downside of these drugs are always a horrible... I think I can move again.

Alright! Come on hand, move! There we go! Wiggle those fingers!

I am way too excited about this. Hmm, now that I can turn my head, I can finally look at this damn pod's internal readout monitor. Looks like whoever I saw earlier has disabled and removed the AI, along with a few power cells. Hmm, looks like a coded distress beacon went out, another mixed bag there. Looks like someone wiped the pod window clean as well... Is my pod indoors now? Either someone is trying to protect me, or is trying to contain me. I don't know which option I like less. Ug, it hurts to move still, It's gonna take a while to get my mobility back. But how to do it without alerting my rescuer/captor before I can properly defend myself? I'm glad I always pack my personal combat loadout in my designated escape pod, but it won't do me any good if someone else gets to it first. I swear, the next pod I design will have enough space for making a change of equipment. The loss of my portable workstation and mobile device would be catastrophic as well.

What to do? Oh! It's him. He's moving around, my best bet is to continue playing dead and hope that the passage of time alone returns to me my ability to move before I have to enga- interact with him. Think positive now, he might not wan't to kill me and take my stuff. But I know better than to count on such things...

14. Magelon

Magelon Lieutenant

Arrival Log 3 03-06-2473-19:21.

"Shivering, shaking".
    "Head...... aches ....... bad."
    As I slowly became lucid, I wondered where I was and wondered why I was so uncomfortable. I can't move can't breath," let me go"" get me out", why am I in here what's going on.
    I struggled around a bit started moving my arms, feeling the confines that were surrounding me, some smooth parts some rough but textured surfaces. A few panels with raised buttons or something. I decided to relax, breath steadily the anxiety subsided and I came to the realisation of what had happened. "I'm Alive" I thought to myself, lets not do that again. Now , where am I. Why is it so dark, there should be a display with some bio readouts beside my head.
    'I moved my arms slowly towards my face but for some reason the were being caught up in something, the extra insulation I dragged in with me,
    no wonder I'm so constricted. Grabbing a handful I slowly jerked it down inch by inch, "yes" the display, light , and cleans breaths. The bio readouts were nominal, power ok, O2 reasonable good the scrubbers' were still working, least of my problems, no helmet.
    While I was in a hurry to get the extra insulation to help with the most likely sudden stop of this trip to the surface, I left my helmet sitting on the containers I had prepped for a more controlled descent. Wonder where it is, I chuckled to myself.
    As I dragged more of the insulation down I could now see through the glass portholes of the pod, some filtered glowing flickering through the window, mmm I thought , promising, fire means oxygen that's a start. Through the smoke outside I could see the remnants of , what was my ship or part of it anyway. It seams to have torn apart just in front of the forward bulkhead, depending on where you were situated at the time I suppose.
    There was a few bits of debris leaning over the pod, and from the position of the ,what was a interior wall, the pod wasn't where it was when I climbed in it. Just can't leave anything lying around these days, I chuckled. Now if I can get a hand to the button panel again I can pull up the atmospheric stats, "nearly, nearly, there it is.
    O2 ,ok. High monoxide levels, well there are fired out there so expected. Other trace gasses , methane, Co2 a bit high but tolerable, hydrogen, all the usuals some sulphur though, could be a bit smelly out there. There is an emergency soft helmet , more of a breathing apparatus really in a compartment on the side of the pod. If the doors open up cleanly I should have no problem retrieving it. One last look around out the porthole for some orientation, and here goes.
    " Just as I was about to push the release button there was a loud but muffled explosion and a bright flash , then silence. Surely anything that was in my ship that could explode would have by now. I waited a few more minutes, all was quiet, then touched the release. A soft wiring noise then a hissing sound as the seal broke while the doors slowly opened. The acrid odour of the outside air flooded in assaulting my nostrils but I was free and aching to get to that mask.

15. ObjectZero

ObjectZero Commander

[Date 04-06-2473-04:48]
    [Log Entry – 18]

I’ve been blacked out for a while and now it seems I’ve changed roommates. Not sure this is an upgrade or not but I was covered when I came too. The only person I could spot in the room was some other guy propped up and passed out guess a long night took it out of him. He’s holding a small caliber pistol with him and couple of bush craft weapons. I figure since I’m not dead he’s most likely friendly or crazy won’t know till he wakes back up.

It seems he did manage to get the door open, that good with my ribs and shoulder I wouldn’t have been able to make it to the back rooms. I move silently around my new roommate and as I’m starting to get around I finally notice the big box in the middle is a cryo pod. My mind must still be a little rattled to not notice it at first, so the loon dragged a cryo pod here. Well now I know he’s at least a little crazy. Taking my rifle with me, I make it to the back room where the rest of the suits where and start taking part off of them and crafting myself a new suit. With mind so trashed I just went ahead and did a full work up of a new suit out of the parts. With that done it means my O2 filter is good now and I can work in space without fear. But I was still hoping to save the parts. But there is nothing I can do about that. I grabbed my tool roll, bit to eat and drink for myself and protein bar and a pint of water for my two roommates in the other room. I closed the door back again when I left the rear room and made my way back to the front room.

Be for I enter the front room I make sure sleepy is still sleeping where I left him, seems to be really gone. I place the pint of water next to him and drop the energy bar in his lap, all that and he does not even do a thing. Well according to my new sensors it’s alive at least, his suit is damaged though, it’s not life threatening and I’m not going to go about and start stripping a guy I just met in his sleep. I don’t think that would be a good first impression.

I move back over to the pod and have a look inside, to make sure he wasn’t dragging a dead body around with him. Well the guy looks fresh still. He’s no longer in the normal sleep position for a pod. But for some reason there is a hole in the glass. I have no clue why someone would drill a hole in the glass, so I decide to poke around the pod more in detail. I unrolled my tool roll on the top of the pod and started to pull off panels. I notice his little emergency supplies under one of the panels. Looks like one of the food and water ration busted open and junked up his computer. That explains why he not out of it. I start pulling out his stash and placing it on top of the glass so I can get to the messed up parts. He had a pretty good bit of stuff hidden, between my tool roll and his stuff it covered most of the glass; but that aside after remove all that out of my way I was finally able to bypass the broken parts. I took out the sedation supply unit. The computer kept on trying to turn it back on while a release command was running, talk about a messed up computer. I also removed the explosive bolts from the door, with the computer bypassed the door should open fine now so he won’t need them and I might. I gather up his stuff again and shove it back in the compartment and seal up the panel again leaving out a bottle of pain meds I had found in his stash.

I put my rifle on the top of the pod glass and start to reset it back to it normal fire mode. Using one of the power cells I found in the back to replace the empty one. I loaded up the rest of my ammo double checked the calibrations and timing. I slung it back over my left should after I was done with it the right still hurts.

Trying to talk through the hole in the pod like the guy in side might respond. I tell him “I’ll trade you” waving the pill bottle in one hand and the energy bar in the other. “I’ll take your silence as a yes” I say to him with still no reply. I pop the top off the pill bottle and take two of the pills. I shove what’s left of the bottle and the energy bar threw the hole, watching them fall on him expecting a response but still getting none. Oh well maybe when I get back he’ll less a vegetable. I place the second pint of water on top of the glass and wave by after I finish gathering up my stuff.

I move around the dwindling fire and clear the door to the outside. I had my rifle ready just in case once I opened the door. Making sure I wasn’t taken by surprise again by those things. All was clear no sign of them. But I don’t remember making this much of a mess outside. I close the door behind me and make my way to the engine section. On my way over I notice there is smoke rising for the horizon, it wasn’t there while I was wake yesterday. I do a quick scan of open and emergency signals but don’t pick up anything. It’s too far out for my scope to see what is causing it. I make a note to check it out later, might be more parts I can use if this engine section does not work out.

For now I’m going to poke around the engine bay, I’m picking up slight radiation from it but nothing my suit can’t handle. Back to work I go.

16. JayCo

JayCo Commander

[Date 04-06-2473-04:51]
    Log-20

"Mr Stranger just left me a bottle of water and some kind of food bar and walked off outside to the Hydroworks/Engine section across the clearing, he was doing something to the escape pod too, he had some good tools for fixing it, better than the nothing I had when I first encountered it, from watching with my Helmet cam redirected I saw he ripped out the sedation unit and looks to have reinitiated the computer, he also took out the firing pins for the emergency door release, well I can't deny him a siuveneer for his effort. Seems we have an unspoken friendship, he didn't kill me and vice versa, But I recon he's in a bad way with those injuries, he slipped a couple of pills he aquired from the pods storage area but ave the rest back to DSC1.... Hold on lets check this pod out a second...... Damn thing....

*Connects internal link wire into pods computer*

Hmmmmm so whats you name.... huh, Janice.... I doubt it, must be that stupid AI,yep now its Jane, Joseph, Brenda, seriously its gonna hide it from me... Oh Well whatever....

*Disconnects*

Well I couldn't find anything out about DSC1 name, ships name nothing so will just have to wait till he comes and says hi I guess, In the meantime I have moved his water bottle off the glass and down in the sled next to his pod so he can open the door without spilling it, I am also gonna leave him the Spear just incase he feels a bit wary of approaching 2 people who have weapons and he doesn't. Right off outside to go introduce myself."

*Walks out of the door and across the clearing to where Mr Stranger is checking out the other crashed section of the Helios*

[END]

Log-21

"Activated log just so this moment is recorded, either for the investigation into my demise or for just looking back on in the future, either way.....

*Clears throat* "Hi there, Thanks for the water, My Name is Jay, Please to meet you...."

17. Brokenshakles

[Date 04-06-2473-04:55]

I think I can move around normally. Looks like I have some privacy. Ok, the manual door latch has been unlocked. Good, I can gear up now.

The latch to the pod opens, and the man inside the pod step out uneasily. The man stumbles. Eventually, he gains his footing. He looks around, and see's his equipment containers stacked nearby.

Crap! Cmon, don't tell me I got jacked.....

He darts towards the containers, hastily throwing open the containers. He sees his survival gear, intact and accounted for.

Phew. Well, no time to waste, time to get suited up.

The man quickly dons his low-profile medium-enhancement power suit, and takes possession of his carried luggage. He loads his weapon, and ponders his situation. Looking around, he comes to stare at the hole in the pod glass.

Someone made that to get access to me, I noticed my bioport has been used recently, and not by me. I need a self diagnostic scan. Lets see, power armor AI seems to be working well enough, so we will see what has been done to me.

Scan complete. It looks like I have been riding one hell of a speedball, but the log indicates that strong counteropiods with a mild dose of amphetamines was administered following a dangerous dose of Fentanyl. Whoever made that hole probably saved my life, and if the fact that he did not take my kit indicates that he is not desperate enough to attempt to kill and eat me. Speaking of...

The man rummages through his backpack and picks out a bar of jerky.

Mmmm, a classic.

He sits down on his luggage, and begins to eat the jerky. He then spots a foil wrapped object on top of his pod. Gettting up, he walks over to it.

Hmm. A granola bar? Better than jerky alone I guess, and a balanced diet is important.

The man goes back to sitting on his luggage, and continues eating, oblivious.

18. Magelon

Magelon Lieutenant

Arrival Log 4 03-06-2473-23:11.

Oh my god what a stench, what is that. Something has to be dead, it can't be natural. I scrambled around the side of the pod, some good dents in it, explains the headache and all the other aches, but no time to worry about that now. Just have to survive, at least the fires are keeping the area warm. Some damage to the storage hatch. Hmmmm, I look around trying not to breath too deep, I don't want to start choking and coughing, need to concentrate. There , in the corner a loose pipe from the cooling system. Should do the trick. I grab the pipe and brake it free from its joint then jamb it into the damaged hatch just enough to pry it open. My mask was the first thing I wanted. Grabbing every thing I could I reefed every thing out til I had the mask. Dragging it over my head, I turned on the valve at the filter cartridge.
    Sweet fresh air, or at least sweeter than it was. I took some deep breaths and relaxed then checked the supplies from the compartment.
    A pulse gun , only half charge.
    6 litres of water, recycled, "yum" But I had no say in the matter I was thirsty and water was water , I needed it.
    1 bottle of general meds.
    2 boxes general food rations.
    knife, torch,
    and!, a short range coms badge "dead" dam it, not that there's anyone to communicate with, but someone had to set that beacon.
    " After locking down the pod and setting it to standby I decided to get familiar with the immediate area I was in, not venturing to far away from the pod"
    This was a total mess but some parts of the ship were still recognisable. Apart from the small part of the hull where the pod rested there was at least half a dozen sizeable pieces left strewn along a trail from where the ship first hit and beyond where I was standing although in no discernible order. Wish I had my camera, they will never believe this back at the base, that is if I ever get to tell them. As I walked around I noticed something odd poking out from under the edge of what used to be the hull. There was enough flickering light to move around but not to see clearly, now I had to use the torch, wish I hadn't. Legs or arms I suppose but not human , some type of appendage anyway. A yellow/greenish liquid possibly its blood had pooled around it and some small creatures were moving around possibly having some dinner, better it than me. I think I will just sleep in the pod till the morning.
    After securing the supplies behind some torn panelling I Opened the pod , reset it and removed the insulation cover I had grabbed. Then dragging it over the pod , I slid in under it and climbed into the pod, I downed a few meds , pressed the button and it slowly closed then I drifted of to sleep.

19. ObjectZero

ObjectZero Commander

[Date 04-06-2473-04:53]

[Live Entry Log – 19]

I keep poking around the engine section pulling out part and checking out what can be used and can’t be or at least reused as something else.

“We need to gather up more parts, I’ve found a few that we can use to build a small hover craft but we need to pull them away from the wreck be for we can really get to building on them”

Pulls off his rifle and uses the scope to scan the sky.

“My FTL drive is still up there and most likely still in one peace, but if someone does not get to it soon it’ll burn up. We have two weeks at best more likely week and three days be for that happens”

I put the rifle back over my shoulder.

“It’s not likely that we’ll be able to signal for help and even more likely that anyone that does come would end up like us or worse, this stupid planet is most likely a trap. I’m just not sure it if natural or made this way.”

I kick a piece of the wreck out of frustration.

20. JayCo

JayCo Commander

Log-21 *Continuation*

"Ok well I will take it that we're friends now then, Your FTL Drive would be a useful part once we get up there, I suggest instead of a Hovercraft you concentrate on building a small ship out of this wreckage to go up and maybe push the FTL out of harms way and somewhere safe maybe just a higher orbit. In the meantime I will go chat with our other friend back inside and we'll work out a plan for building a base of operations here somewhere and then we can begin mining and refining what we need to build a larger ship for the FTL drive system."

[END]

Last edited: Jun 5, 2015