Ashes of Creation MMORPG (next gen)

Discussion in 'Other Discussion' started by Chucksta, May 23, 2017.

1. Chucksta

Chucksta Lieutenant

I ran across this game a couple of weeks ago. It's still pre alpha and in fact it has only been in development for a year and a half, I believe, but it's one to keep a close eye on.

For me it's going to be what an MMORPG should be:

No play to win
    No fixed factions - you can converse with everyone
    Ever evolving world, influenced by the players
    The regions/nodes level up (grow), just as the players do - BUT, they (the nodes) can also lose levels
    - e.g start as a wilderness, then grow into hamlets, then towns, then cities, etc
    - when attacked by groups from another node, the attacked nodes can regress from say city to town
    - you get the idea
    No global auction/market - from what I gather it's like Eve as far as the market/auctions go
    Accounts are not region locked (e.g. you can play in NA from anywhere else in the world)
    - there will be servers based around the world, just like with WoW, I believe
    Races are not restricted to certain classes

8 races, made up of 4 species (human, elf, orc, dwarf), each with 2 subtypes
    8 classes, but a total of 64 class combinations as you can have a main class and a sub class (sub class boosts main class)
    e.g.
    Mage/Summoner
    Rogue/Bard
    Summoner/Cleric
    Bard/Ranger

Affiliate link:
    Ashes of Creation
    OR
    type the name of the game "Ashes of Creation" into a browser.

If interested then please join the forum, and be sure to check out the Kickstarter page, as that has tons of info about the game and better described than the above.

If you really believe in the game, and like a gamble/risk, then it could be a good idea to grab one of the pledges that includes a lifetime subscription. The lower amounts are actually less than the cost of a 3 year sub.

BUT this is a gamble/risk!

I've gone for it, and may lose that money, but if I don't then there's no monthly sub for me :)

The game may not ever happen
    The game might be <insert expletive here>

But I have a very good feeling about it.

Check it out, and decide for yourself :)