Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kieve

Kieve Rear Admiral

2. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

Some helpful constructive criticism; For a tier 1 survival, you require 9 growing plots. Maybe eliminate 7 and then mark where they could be placed?

And then unrelated; the starter base phenomena has really changed.... that has a small number of windows yet it requires a large amount of silicon. Huh.

3. Kieve

Kieve Rear Admiral

That's a good point. I'd considered it, then looked at the other T1 starter BA, which requires 8, and thought "ah, what the heck." But maybe reducing it, with a "fill in later" sort of deal would be better.

Yeah, mentioned that in the other thread. It's because of the block update for CV/BA that increased the material requirements. Now even starter BA's are gonna take a stupid amount of iron and silicon, just for basic steel walls and windows. But I refuse to live in a wooden shack, so...

4. vicomt

vicomt Captain

So, we released our first base last night, it's a level 3 starter base with everything required for survival (place your own grow plots to replace the empty concrete ones if you require).

no defenses for this one, it's intended to be an instant dugout to hide in, or provide a quiet space to dwell on the tunnelling to come while refining the last lot of ores.

it has the following devices:
    Large Constructor
    Food Prep & Fridge
    Small Generator, Small Fuel
    Small O2 tank & O2 station
    Cargo Box
    Small Ammo Box

As Moles (of the space variant), we design all our bases to be underground, and they are therefore a slightly more difficult start, but the amount of dirt removal needed for this design is minimal. Unfortunately given the space constraints we laid on ourselves, there is only space for three grow plots, but a little more tunnelling and wall remodelling will give enough space for a full nine with a single grow light.

so here is, the Mole-Hill

[​IMG]

doesn't look like much does it?
    Have fun, and, as ever, comments are welcome.

[Edit] - updated the BP last night, reworked the entrance as it was difficult to get out of in survival, the new version should be much easier. Also created a new collection, specifically for the planetary assets we're creating, this keeps them from mixing with the space fleet in Ooj's collection

New collection is here.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
    FiveHorse and oojimaflip like this.
  5. Gray

Gray Commander

UPDATE 2016-11-06: fixed window alignment, didn't really notice it before and simply replaced existing windows and how they were rotated. they are all symmetrical now. :)

wasn't sure where to put the update to thermica station, might as well post it here.

NOTE: this is just an update of the POI included in the game - I don't take any credit for it's creation! I post it here in case someone wants to have an updated version for his/her SP game or server (or the devs want to use it).

let me know if you find any issues (checked twice but I might have missed some blocks when retexturing). installation and other info is included in the zip.

changelog:
    - updated BAO_Thermica-Station.ebp to combat steel and shutter windows
    - replaced outer doors with armored version
    - adjusted light values for 4.0
    - fixed holes in symmetry
    - manually textured, any change in block should keep the appearance
    - update: fixed unsymmetrical window alignment

BAO_Thermica-Station_U.jpg
    BAO_Thermica-Station_U_comparison_indoors.jpg

for some reason the updated version is one block shorter, dunno what's the deal with that. also blockcount is higher since I fixed some holes that were on one side but not the other etc.

BAO_Thermica-Station_U_comparison_stats.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
  6. Kieve

Kieve Rear Admiral

I really hope the devs use this. There's a depressingly large number of outdated POIs still using tissues and string cheese for hull plating.

In other news, I've added two new bases to the "Survival" lineup, as well as a pair of SVs and my first post-4.0 HV.
    Anacrusis
    [​IMG]

Terminus
    [​IMG]

Terminus is basically my 4.0 Angelspire - all the survival essentials, plus living comforts, in a convenient easy-to-use layout.

7. Gray

Gray Commander

the roof on anacrusis is a nice touch!

on to the next one - BAO-XenuProduction :

NOTE: this is just an update of the POI included in the game - I don't take any credit for it's creation! I post it here in case someone wants to have an updated version for his/her SP game or server (or the devs want to use it).

again, let me know if there are any issues. installation and other info is included in the zip.

changes:
    - updated BAO_XenuProduction.ebp to combat steel and shutter windows
    - replaced outer doors with armored version
    - adjusted light values for 4.0
    - adjusted windows direction and recolored outside "windows"
    - replaced player core with alien core (see below)
    - added block below elevator to even out floor
    - manually textured

BAO_XP_2.jpg
    BAO_XP_1.jpg

when I first found the station in survival I thought it was pretty cool that it's public and you can just take it over. however, since then I've tinkered around a lot with the game and after updating the prefab I'm pretty sure the player core wasn't intended. first, it's spawned as an alien base in the playfield file, then it has quite a few turrets (considering it's small size) and 2-3 loot barrels; with a player core everybody will find it deactivated and a pretty uneventful loot pinata.

or maybe it was intended as an abandoned station just to explore, but it's not that big so exploring is done in a few minutes... dunno. either way for now it should provide a bit more of a challenge with the turrets actually active.

BAO_XenuProduction_U_stats.jpg

Attached Files:

8. ricardopr

ricardopr Commander

Inspired and based on Space 1999.

Inspired in the Nuclear waste disposal area two of the moon base. As we have no nuclear waste, it is built as a simple storage base with no life support or production.
    It has a landing pad.
    To spawn this base it advised to lower it underground about 1 block (2mts).

Unlock level 7
    Size class 2
    Size (WxDxH) 90x90x16
    Mass: 616 t
    Life support: none
    Cargo: 13 cargo boxes, 6 fuel tanks.
    Weapons: None

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=796567641
    WS420b_2016-11-09_19-39-46.png

Dinkelsen, Siege Inc. and Krenios like this.
  9. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

Introducing, The Survival Bunker

Super cheap and accessible starter base. Requires level three, and is primarily composed of cement. There are no growing plots, but the design is eminently expandable. The roof can double as a landing/building area.

One of the better aspects of the way structural integrity/block shapes plays out is the effect of stacking blocks on railways. This allows for a nice view as well as a sniping platform to cull *cough* I mean defend yourself from drones or wildlife. Uses the new "curved" railing.

Painted for Akua/Oscutune/Masperon - but feel free to paint it to suite any environment.

Not for PVP unless your combat skills are inspired by the hand of god.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=797258063

Creative_6_2016-11-10_22-35-48.png

Creative_6_2016-11-10_22-36-27.png

Creative_6_2016-11-10_22-35-57.png

Creative_6_2016-11-10_22-36-03.png

Creative_6_2016-11-10_22-36-09.png

Creative_6_2016-11-10_22-38-25.png

Edit: I wanted to make the roof out of glass, but now that BA windows are exorbitantly expensive, that is out of the question for a starter base.

Enjoy!

Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
  10. Calabris

Calabris Lieutenant

Dinkelsen and Olegs like this.
  11. TwinLance

TwinLance Lieutenant

Just finished the 6th revision of my base complex. This base has a fairly big CV landing platform, an under ground SV hangar and an under ground HV garage. In fact, most of its facilities are under ground. I really hope we sometime in the future get the ability to spawn blueprints with under ground areas already cleared, because as it is now, it takes forever and a half to dig it out. On the bright side though, after you've finished, you'll never again run out of crushed rock ;).
    And to think, this thing began life as a Tier 1 starter base...
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=801440423

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. ECubed

ECubed Commander

That is one awesome base Lance. Hopefully one day we'll get a wire frame with depth markers as well to help place them. I'll definitely be building this one. great job.

13. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

Introducing, Stilts.

An extremely cheap, super accessible starter base for the tougher planet Omicron. Gets you off the ground quick with only a few minutes spawn time.

Does not have a fridge, food processor, or growing plots.

The very awesome hovercraft in the pictures is Micro, found here:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=798752807

This is painted for Omicron, but would work well for Akua if you need it.

Steam link for the base:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=802651652

Enjoy!

Creative_8_2016-11-19_14-38-11.png

Creative_8_2016-11-19_14-38-44.png

Creative_8_2016-11-19_14-38-19.png

Creative_8_2016-11-19_14-38-32.png

Creative_8_2016-11-19_14-50-21.png

FiveHorse, Krenios and Kieve like this.
  14. Epicus Beetus

Epicus Beetus Ensign

I put this BA blueprint up on the steam workshop back in October. Thought I'd pop in here and share a link.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=781690446

The Epicus Spaceport & Trade Hub. I wanted to build something large but also practical. This would be best used on a MP game, although anyone playing solo that just wants it to have it hey awesome :) I thought it would be neat to have a spaceport that offered a place for players traveling between planets and such. It's got parking for a couple CV's and several SVs. Through some trial & error, I built a tram for the spaceport (really just a SV you spawn inside of the base) and it works pretty good. Wasn't really required but again wanted to add to the fun factor of the idea. I would imagine further down the road there is going to be some manner of trading, so I built a trade hub as part of the space port although for now it's purely cosmetic.

Anyhow, for anyone that wants to check it out, have at it and hope you enjoy. Got many more screenshots in the workshop entry.

[​IMG]

Krenios, Siege Inc. and Fractalite like this.
  15. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

HHHHHoooolllleeeeee ssssssshhhhiiiiiittttt, that is HUGE!

Very impressive. As soon as I transition to the steam client you have a thumbs up!

16. Epicus Beetus

Epicus Beetus Ensign

This was my first BA that I posted on the workshop; really a warehouse for storage needs.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=773784210

Epicus Space Depot

It's got a parking pad on the right side of it for 4 SVs to land and unload. I built a storage SV (copy of my spaceport tram and modified for cargo) that you can load up from the parking pad and haul into the depot. There is currently 301 cargo containers, 16 ammo containers and a lot of T2 fridges so plenty of space to store a variety of items you want to keep a stockpile of for safe keeping. There's also constructors on site if you want to be building things from this location as well. After they released the repair block, I modified the left side parking pad and turned it into a repair bay so if you're coming in to unload and need a quick repair you can use that.

[​IMG]

17. Epicus Beetus

Epicus Beetus Ensign

lol yea... this took a while to piece together :) And even longer with the texture gun and all that fun jazz but I enjoyed every minute I spent working on it. Thanks :)

18. Willow

Willow Ensign

Was suggested I post this here, the BP is currently in the steam workshop. Sahara Towers. 2.jpg
    3.jpg 7.jpg 12.jpg 6.jpg 4.jpg

Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
  19. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

Willow likes this.
  20. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

Willow likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.