Blocks and Devices wish list

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Siege Inc., May 27, 2017.

1. toast

toast Commander

An inverted version of the current windows, with the tint on the other side. So I can have windows that lean away from me that are as clear as those leaning away.

I've rotated every way possible, but can't get it right. See screen shot for illustration, things seen through the left one are darker than the right.

Attached Files:

2. En_Ma

En_Ma Commander

I'm not very knowledgeable about the game yet, but isn't the tint modifier on the multitool enough? (IIRC is left mouse button while using the rotate mode)

Friendly Timo likes this.
  3. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    Just use the "change" mod from the multitool (RMB > select CHANGE )

Friendly Timo likes this.
  4. SacredGlade

SacredGlade Captain

Can it not be made possible to re colour Auto miners? This would make such a difference to Multiplayer to find yours in a sea of AM's!

5. toast

toast Commander

As luck would have it, after spending about 20 minutes rotating it every way I could think of (plus attaching it to various surfaces and wall pieces to change the point of contact), another few minutes after writing but before posting that, and then about 3 seconds after posting, I figured it out. If the axis of rotation is through the glass, such as in the same line as the view in the screen shot, then rotating 180 degrees in any direction has the effect of rotating +90 and then -90. However, if the axis of rotation is in line with the glass and the window is flipped like a paddle, the inside becomes the outside like I was wanting.

:sigh:

6. toast

toast Commander

Another idea: more variety in ramps. Either something that starts out vertical, and hinges down maybe 120 degrees or so, and back up to cover the door; or something that starts horizontal(ish) and lowers into a ramp like the back end of a C-130.

7. Timer

Timer Commander

The Block HP values need to be adjusted. You have obviously more than half/full blocks with 1000 HP(combat steel) and obviously less than half (thin) blocks with 2000 HP

8. Albert

Albert Lieutenant

I love this idea, it is possible, because space engineers does it. When you approach the computer "decals" in that game, 3-6 bubbles appear that you can click activate or deactivate and when one is highlighted it gives you it's name. I'd love this feature

geostar1024 likes this.
  9. jtgmerk

jtgmerk Lieutenant

I love to see the following additions:
    1) Count wall blocks, lights, etc as a half block so other half blocks could be used together in the small space. ex. wall block with t1 frig.
    2) auto remove helmets in an o2 environment like bases or ships and auto replace when going outside. I love having a pressurized base, but it is too much to remember to manually remove my helmet each time and then forget when i go back outside.
    3) add door frame blocks which have the blue force-field for o2 but no door. Doors also seem to slow me down in my base but i want to break up my base into o2 areas.
    4) AI should NOT know the location of my core unless it is visible. I have to find the location of a core in a new POI why shouldn't the AI do the same.
    5) have a t2 version of the oxgenator/ hydrogen/ water where it is connected to a wall that that is in the water. Then my generators could be inside the base and still be generating resources.
    6) redo the ui for the constructors where resources are group together (ores, components) or even have the ability to have a "view ore button"
    7) be able to feed various items from food processor or constructor to other places. food goes into frig, if there is space. Ammo goes into ammo box. or even a robot that can be assign the list of various task. get o2 from generator and place into o2 tanks.
    8) have constructor calculate how many boxes or items can be build with current resources in the constructor.
    9) Have a devices for breaking down elements back into ingots.
    10) BP should need knowledge of all of the tech items before being able to build in the factor. Right now only level is important.
    11) repair back to BP state. maybe a t2 version.
    12) be able to use multiple repair blocks on base with maybe a limitation of only one be use at one time.
    13) screens blocks that display base info like 02 level or fuel level.
    14) damage block view for bases to know what places need repair.
    15) more window shapes. There are some shapes that i can only do with blocks but not with windows.
    16) since we have water in the game, shouldn't we need to drink like we eat?
    17) spotlights on ships are useless at night. you don't see the mountain before you hit the mountain. needs to be redone.
    18) compass directions on hud
    19) be able to build sealed bases underwater. It is funny to see the blue o2 symbol in the water
    20) missions to be able to earn credits
    21) a better way of placing blocks when there is a small space between the ground the block above.
    22) POI slowly get rebuilt or new POI spawn in other places that needs to be rediscovered.
    23) have an inventory systems to find where did i place that spare warp drive
    24) Alien ships and drones have ammo and fuel limits and need to return to base to refuel and rearm.
    25) time lapse function like sleep in a bed for 8 hours.
    26) ability to sell resources to npc for credits
    27) now that we can renamed boxes, be able to see the new name when we look at a box, not just we go to the control panel.
    28) allow autogroups based on contents of a room.

10. geostar1024

geostar1024 Rear Admiral

1 would require a massive change to the blueprint format; I don't see Eleon doing that unless they intend to fully support sub-blocks (which would be wonderful, but it'd be a lot of work for them; I'd rather see proper planets first).
    2: You no longer have to remove your helmet to not consume internal oxygen when in an oxygenated room

Mortlath likes this.
  11. jtgmerk

jtgmerk Lieutenant

how about a ramp that first extends and then angles down until it hits an object like the ground.

12. jtgmerk

jtgmerk Lieutenant

thanks for that info about the o2 and helmets.

Mortlath likes this.
  13. Triblade

Triblade Ensign

Laser fence. -> A fence (block) which has about two or three 'lasers' as wires which does consume power. But maybe damage NPC's or players walking against them?

And ofc. the much discussed Conveyor/automation system.

toast and Siege Inc. like this.
  14. toast

toast Commander

Mechanical blocks would be awesome. See Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics for KSP. If half of those devices were added to this game I would squee like a little girl.:D

Triblade likes this.
  15. Zedd

Zedd Captain

A less obtrusive version of the ventilation block. Perhaps with a much smaller aperture, or ideally with a grating on top so you can't see the fan, like a real air-conditioning vent.

16. Gawain

Gawain Commander

Honestly I would like to see some blocks that are more than 1x1. In glass we can have 1x2 or even 2x2 etc.... There is no reason there cannot be a few shapes of larger scale with greater hit points so that we can have larger cylinders or curves.

Hit point brings up a valuable point. The current blocks need to be reevaluated based on shape to determine their hit points, and mass. Currently all block fall under two weight and HP categories that will later need to be refined. The problem I have with this is - that the longer it takes to recalculate these generic numbers the more Workshop designs will fall behind. How many ship designs will not be able to get off the ground when when their ton-age exceeds their thrusters? This is something that needs corrected sooner than later or Empyrion will be scrapping large quantities of Blue Prints.

In all honestly CVs should be 1/4 of the weight of a BA. The construction methods or either are radically different. You are not flying a base around so mass has no baring on the design. If a base ever needed to move they would use Ships to tow it.

17. GTv

GTv Rear Admiral

I would like to see the blocks that create the 4 block combo angles be made in a single block version to use for odd number of block ships and structures. They could be used to add a pointed feature to a 3 block wide cockpit for example.
    Here is the first block in the set as an example, the rest would just be symmetrical versions of the other 3 blocks in the set.
    block 1 new.jpg

18. jtgmerk

jtgmerk Lieutenant

how about a block designer where one could just shape a block how they wanted. It might be too much hassle to program, but it is impossible to design every kind of block that people want.

19. Gawain

Gawain Commander

The real issue with a self designed block is that everyone has to download it to see it for every modified block. Without an id for every potential shape that could be crafted out of it would be problematic to communicate between clients.

20. GTv

GTv Rear Admiral

A block designer for SP only.