Bug Reports: Alpha 4.4.x

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Hummel-o-War, Nov 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

AHEAD of reporting ANY bug, please read through these two pinned topics:

1. READ FIRST - CLEAN INSTALL+ possible fix for blueprints not loading
    2. READ FIRST - Important for SERVER OWNERS, ADMINS and PLAYERS!!

=========================

Please post your bugs here using the following template:

Mode: (Creative, Survival)

SERVER NAME: (If the issue happened on a public server, please add the name here)
    SEED-ID: (Please always add the SEED-ID for SingleplayerSurvival games; Open the console. The Seed is noted somewhere to the "playfield loaded" dialogue)

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Yes/No/DontKnow (<- YES if new planets or non-default playfields are used. Use DontKnow if you are not aware if anything has been changed)

Reproducibility: (Always, Sometimes, Unable)
    Severity: (Trivial, Minor, Major, Crash)

Summary:

Description:

Steps to Reproduce:

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information:

Tyrax Lightning and Tachyonz like this.
  2. Pantera

Pantera Well-Known Member

3. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

4. Tachyonz

Tachyonz New Member

-

Hi @Hummel-o-War

Apologies for posting so late from the previous thread ( Bug Reports Alpha 4.3 ) because I recently posted a few bugs on that thread a few hours ago. I also read the changelogs for Alpha 4.4 and haven't read any fixed bugs that I posted recently. I just want to make sure that the Devs will able to have some time to read my posts from the previous thread in order to fix all the bugs that I have sent.

I will try the 4.4 first but if ever the bugs still exist on 4.4, is it possible to transfer my posted bugs from the previous thread to here even it is not Alpha 4.4?

Thanks.

-
    -
    I see. I am glad that I kept it on my cargo hold. lol :)

-

Last edited: Nov 22, 2016
    Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  5. dichebach

dichebach Active Member

Mode: Survival

SERVER NAME: n/a
    SEED-ID: 3311968

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Major

Summary: Two issues really, but I'll report the one that is more serious and probably more replicable first

1. When an old backup save file is loaded (I think they are backup, not auto saves) the save seems to be deleted (no longer visible in the Resume Game screen).

Along these lines, I'd like to suggest two changes to how save 'files' (they are directories after all) are handled:

A. demarcate the auto-saves that are automatically created on closing the game (and which seem to overwrite themselves?) in a more clear fashion to distinguish them from user made "backups" (the term you are using which I don't particularly like as it suggests the user's role in saving the game is 'optional' . . . but then I don't like anti-lock brakes either . . .);

ADDIT: and I should note here: having noted the strange behavior of the "auto-save on exit" files, I have developed a habit that is suggestive of the problem --> I do NOT rely on the auto-save on exit, and try to not "allow" them. For example, often when I'm ready to turn off the app, I create a backup, then exit, then DELETE the top-most save in the list that is identical to the one immediately below it

B. When a user uses the "Create Backup" functionality in game, open the Rename dialog pane, or create an option to set the app to do it this way. Going with your apparent philosophy on saves that "saving is optional, the game does it for you every time you close a match . . ." IF one wishes to create a backup, it is likely because it is at an important juncture in play. For example, just before completing a monumental undetaking or just before trying to do something that might result in catastrophe . . . This means that, often times user will wish to be able to distinguish the specific identity of the "backup save" and not have to reload it to determine the context of the save. Allowing users to name the backup save at the time it is created would facilitate this.

2. What prompted me to spot this issue was a preceding issue: Hovercraft falling through deck of CV. This might not be so replicable. The CV is parked on top of a tall concrete structure. Initially it was too short, so I hovered it, cut off the bottom put it on stilts and built a parking deck under it. I then spawned in an HV I had built in the Factory inside the CV . . . It was about this time that I updated to the most recent update. Once I rebooted the updated game, I hovered the CV again to put more stuff on its belly . . .I cannot recall the sequence of events here for certain . . . I think as soon as I hovered the CV, the HV just slipped through the bottom and was left sitting on the roof of the building. I do distinctly remember adding an additional ramp to the bottom of the CV and lowering it back to the roof and driving the HV back inside. After that, I went to orbit worked in micro-grav building a farm above the hangar deck . . . and as far as I can recall, when I closed the game last night the HV was still there. I saved while in orbit and quit the game.

However, this morning, when I loaded my last save, the HV was not there . . . it is POSSIBLE, that my recollection of the timing of the update is wrong, and I made the update AFTER going to orbit.

This morning, when reloaded a preceding save before I had left for orbit, the HV was there (inside the CV where I had spawned it), but it was half buried in the deck of the CV. I got into it and try to shake it loose, and it got hung, so I rebooted and when I did this, I noticed the save file I had just loaded (from last night at about 9:40PM) was gone.

My guess is, this has something to do with updating to the last update somewhere between spawning in the HV and then noting the issues.

Description: On the bright side, my toon's hair has grown back. Now I she could just figure out how to style it differently . . . ;)

Steps to Reproduce: It may not be something that is "reproducible" outside the scope of the very specific sequence of steps in my case, i.e., made an HV in Factory, spawned it in the belly of a CV, then updated, then noted the problems. But I've made a note of it in case anyone else see's similar issues.

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information:

6. Tachyonz

Tachyonz New Member

SERVER NAME: N/A
    SEED-ID: 448891

Severity: Minor

Summary: Purified Water is on Component list section.

Description: The Purified Water is included on the component section where it shouldn't be because it is already in the Food Processor list and it does not need to be in the Advanced Constructor cause I don't see any crafting materials/products needed it.

Steps to Reproduce: Remove the Purified Water on the Components list section.

zesgsh.png

7. Sturm Panzer

Sturm Panzer Member

Were the "Walkway" blocks supposed to do this ?

DED_BG2-17.11.2016_20_23_2016-11-22_17-01-49.png
    If so ... I must say ... they look terrible ... can't even paint them ...

Tyrax Lightning and Kushman like this.
  8. HGB

HGB New Member

Dedicated Server: GBEserverTEC
    Version: 4.4.0728
    Planet Akua, Seed 2309115
    Mode Survival
    Modified Playfields: None
    Producibility: Always
    Priority: High, my Avatar is hungry!

Sinse upgrade on last version4.3.1 all the Space Durian Plants do not grow. I checked it also by creating a new plantbox with a new seeding and a new plantlight but the error still remains.

What can I do?
    Thank you for your help
    best regards Guenter

9. dichebach

dichebach Active Member

You might need to clarify what it is you find objectionable, as I look at that image did not reveal anything obvious to me.

Tyrax Lightning and Frigidman like this.
  10. Nerad

Nerad New Member

Dedicated Server: Galaxy9.de
    Planet All Custom Planets
    Mode Survival

We have very big balancing problems in three cases.

Case one: Turrets on planets fires on enemy first when the enemy is under the range of 450m. The Problem is SV and CV Frontweapons have a range of 700-900 meters. So you can destroy Bases on planets without getting hitted from the turrets of the base. In Space is all ok.

Case two: Homing Missilies makes to much damage. It would be nice when it have only a quarter from the current damage.

Case three: Homing Missiles and turrets uses as destination and locking for shooting the centre of mass, so when the ship have a hole there und you fly in the right way. No shoot hit you.

Please fix very fast Point one and then look to the two other points. At the moment we changed the rules so that balancing is well ok, but it´s not a option for long and there are so many ways at the moment to attack and the enemy can´t really defend.

Greetings Nerad
    www.galaxy9.de

Mpa3oTa likes this.
  11. Nerad

Nerad New Member

New Dedicated Server: Galaxy9.de
    Planet All Custom Planets
    Mode Survival

Players who are seating are not visible.

20161122161657_1.jpg

Greetings Nerad
    www.galaxy9.de

12. Achilles

Achilles Well-Known Member

SERVER NAME: HWS

Reproducibility:
    Always

Summary: Faction bug

Description:

If in a faction and have your own structures, ie SV,CV,BA set to private (dont want any one thiefing) they can access the control menu and you also on thier own private structures.

Steps to Reproduce: Join faction. Set entity to private. Have other member press 'P'...and he will have full access, can even change to his private.

13. Frigidman

Frigidman Well-Known Member

They are doing what now? We cannot read your mind ;) Please explain.

Tyrax Lightning and Chucksta like this.
  14. Frigidman

Another missing surface with block position. The 'triangle surface' of the half slope vanishes if you put a larger block adjacent. In this shot, a full cube is placed above the triangle. Does the same if you set the triangle on end, and a cube next to it.
    20161122112052_1.jpg

(Also in this shot is that cylinder top issue I mentioned before. And to the right, is that inconsistent 'sheen' issue.)

15. FarmerJim

FarmerJim New Member

It would seem that the new patch increased the thickness of the walkway blocks or shifted their alignment.

Specifically, the WalkwayVertNew block cannot be walked onto without jumping now where previously (4.3.1) it was in line with other blocks like steel/concrete.

16. Atola

Atola Member

MODE: Easiest to very in creative, but exists everywhere.
    Summary: Head is jammed to top of block when IN the CV "cockpit". In "Cockpit 2" your view is from the block above the cockpit.

This makes it difficult or nonsensical to put windows in front of the cockpit to view out of while in the chair.

To Reproduce: Place CV Starter block, place a steel block above the cockpit, and a armored window in front. Get in to cockpit.

In the below PIC i have also colored the block above the cockpit orange so its easier to see.

Head Jammed to top of block in CV cockpit.png

17. Frigidman

Ah, there we go... an alarming issue! Yeah, they are all now 'fat', and dont work well with all the windows I had them near, or shutters. Eesh. And as 'walkways', you are now forced to use the extra ramp bottom A block to walk up onto them.

Tyrax Lightning and dichebach like this.
  18. dichebach

dichebach Active Member

I think I too noticed this. Only played with new patch a few minutes late last night . . .

19. The Jackyl

The Jackyl New Member

SERVER NAME: Latrush's Empire

If applicable:

Summary: No BA,CV Lights

Description:

I don't see any of the lights for BA,CV in the constructor at all, only flares and SV,HV lights

Steps to Reproduce:

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information:[/QUOTE]

20. Frigidman

Remember to unlock them in your tech tree.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.