Bug Reports: Alpha 4.4.x

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Hummel-o-War, Nov 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Jackyl

The Jackyl New Member

[/QUOTE]

I fixed my issues i just had to re-unlock them in the tech tree

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  2. Cpt_Beefheart

Cpt_Beefheart Well-Known Member

Simply a weird graphic glitch, ever since Alpha 4, maybe before, but still is happening. Only on ONE side of the ship, if a wedge is placed above a thin wall like this the top of the thin wall is transparent, PLUS, you can interact with anything through the transparent portion as if it does not exist. Removing the wedge on the top is the only way to rectify it seems. It does not matter what is placed on the other side of this.
    Edit: forgot to add, the only other way to rectify is super bizarre, if you damage the wedge slightly, the transparency is gone from the thin block. As soon as the wedge block is fully repaired, the transparency returns.
    20161122124911_1.jpg

Tyrax Lightning and Frigidman like this.
  3. Sturm Panzer

Sturm Panzer Member

Mode: Survival

SERVER NAME: MadUniverse

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Major

Summary: FPS drop

Description: Flying back to Akua Moon to pick a marooned mate, where I have been just yesterday w/o any issues, I noticed that my FPS drops to 3-4 when I point my CV towards the Moon. The problem disappears some 30 seconds after pointing my ship away from it.
    Flying back to Omicron I noticed the same phenomena with the Omicron Moon. DED_BG2-17.11.2016_20_23_2016-11-22_20-08-06.png DED_BG2-17.11.2016_20_23_2016-11-22_20-08-18.png DED_BG2-17.11.2016_20_23_2016-11-22_20-10-39.png DED_BG2-17.11.2016_20_23_2016-11-22_20-11-07.png

Attached Files:

4. nexus_absolute

nexus_absolute Active Member

Mode: Creative

SERVER NAME: n/a
    SEED-ID: standard akua creative on planet
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Severity: Major

Summary: Sudden Drop in Framerate (caused by deco?)

Description: After 4.4 update loaded my creative file to continue building my new CV with new blocks (woot!). Took a longtime to load file and eventually loaded (in orbit around Omicron inside my new CV right where I left it) with 3 frames per second.

Started a new Creative save on planet surface on Akua and had 40-50+ FPS (about normal). Loaded a few SVs from blueprints (and powered up) and FPS didn't drop. Took an SV into orbit without and drop in FPS. Loaded more SVs (different sizes and loadouts + powered up) with no real drop to FPS. Started loading CVs. Teir 1 -3 were all fine (again, powered up each)... space was starting to look quite crowded now and ships were drifting all over the place.

I loaded the Teir 4 CV and all was fine until i powered it up and suddenly my FPS dropped to 3. Managed to switch it off again and FPS jumped back to about 40 FPS.

Went back to surface and spawned the Teir 3 and 4 CVs both powered down. Turned Teir 3 on without issue. Turning teir 4 on and my FPS dropped down to about 5-16.

Compared loadouts of both ships and started to remove deco items (consoles, furiture, etc) from the teir 4 and my FPS started to improve. removing other items (constructors, fridges, etc) didn't impact FPS, with the exception of the repair which after removing improved the FPS. Added more decos and FPS dropped again. Added the repair bay and FPS dropped also.

Finally, I loaded my half-finished CV from library, turned it on and FPS dropped to 3. Powered off, removed all deco, powered up and FPS was mostly unaffected - at about 30-40

Steps to Reproduce: ... as above

Tyrax Lightning and Jamminjon like this.
  5. Pantera

Pantera Well-Known Member

What in game graphic settings are you using ? I have noticed shadows have been causing larger builds to cause some fps drops (not as bad as what you are experiencing though). Thrusters have also been causing some fps drops only large amounts though & only when pressing W,A,S or D to move.

6. dichebach

dichebach Active Member

I bet it is specific to a particular VGA and its drivers. I haven't noticed any framerate effects so far. You guys might want to post your dxdiag, or at least a condensed version of it like I have in my sig.

7. Jamminjon

Jamminjon New Member

I am also having a very serious problem when it comes to this aswell, just yesterday i was getting upwards of 60fps flying cv around and now barely reach 4 but only when in the pilot seat

8. Frigidman

Frigidman Well-Known Member

For those exhibiting this issue, supply some more info so we can maybe figure out a commonality.

Condensed dxdiag as @dichebach suggests, ALL graphic settings set in the game too (could be something set, or not).

9. dichebach

dichebach Active Member

This looks like an excellent description for how to get your dxdiag and the condensed version that is generally useful (the lengthy version is really only useful if stale updates are thought to be the issue, and that would come second once it has been noted if the problem occurs with specific rig configurations): How to post a DXDiag

10. Pantera

For me its not really happening unless I spawn in the biggest class 6 ships with all my graphics up to highest (I'm not complaining & yes I understand the optimizations part of development hasnt happened yet). I'm just noticing it every now & again, even before 4.4 was on experimental that a certain amount of thrusters can kill fps alittle (example: 60 down to 45)when flying in 3rd person.

My specs:
    GTX 970
    Intel i5 @3.5ghz
    16gb ram
    1 hdd 1 ssd
    Power profile switches to highest performance when gaming.
    In game video settings I have mostly set to the 'Fast' preset but sometimes switch to 'best'.

11. dichebach

dichebach Active Member

Interesting. Same CPU and VGA as me. Let me do some playing around (I only played very briefly last night) and see what happens with me. Is there a particular ship I could spawn in, in the default files or one I can download? Not sure what "class 6" means ;)

You didn't sound like you were 'complaining' just reporting an issue you observed.

Tyrax Lightning and Pantera like this.
  12. nexus_absolute

nexus_absolute Active Member

Sorry, flicking between 2 PCs to do this.

AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Processor (6 CPUs) 3.3GHz
    8 GB RAM
    AMD Radeon HD 6700

Have tried setting all graphics setting to low or off and FPS drops to 3-5 each time (seriously, the default minecraft textures and lighting look better than this). Normally running graphics on about medium-high with bloom, etc. There seems to be an exact number of deco items before the FPS drops but still working out the specifics. I'm going to experiment with bases, cv, devices, deco and lights and come back with my findings. It really does just drop from about 40fps to 3 by adding something as simple as a bed. I'll see if I can upload a vid.

EDIT: Ok, tested this a bit further. Defiantly not affecting bases. Have stripped my CV back to basics. Now it is just a core, 1x engine, 1x fuel tank, steel blocks, glass and doors. Lights still in place but switched off. Have removed all thrusters just in case this was the issue. 90% on my deco is at the front of the ship (164 blocks long) so went to the back of the ship an turned it on. Yay, no FPS drop. Started moving towards the front and BAM! 6FPS - still, an improvement of 3FPS :)

If i stare at the ship in profile and move away FPS recovers to normal at 120m. Start moving back towards it and it drops again at about 80m :confused:.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2016
  13. Pantera

Ok just been driving around omnicron in creative with my hv http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=771853103 all settings with preset 'best' & bloom off & noticed some drops from 60 to 45/50. I switched the video settings to 'fast' & it doesn't really happen at all now Its random I'll try make a video I'm noticing its only really happening when I am pressing w,a,s or d or a combination like w+d to move around thats why I was thinking it was the thrusters.

For a class 6 ship try spawning this in creative mode http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=730587475

I know I just like to put a disclaimer in there sometimes ;)

Tyrax Lightning and oojimaflip like this.
  14. dichebach

dichebach Active Member

I spawned in that Abaddon design in Creative in orbit of Omicron. I noticed the ambient sound (and music) immediately went quiet, but no noticeable change in FPS. I zipped around the asteroid field a bit (just what I could do before the minimum of fuel it has was expended) and no issues using w, a, s, d or combos. Ship handles remarkably well! But what tha! NO WEAPONS!? :D

So, same cpu and vga and I'm not seeing any issues. I did notice NVidia prompting me for a update a couple days ago (which I actually ignored). So it might be that either your drivers are older, or newer and that is the cause. Or could be something else too . . .

15. Pantera

Ill have a look at updating my drivers tomorrow I'm on 372.90 at the moment.

16. Sturm Panzer

Sturm Panzer Member

I have never had FPS issues, let alone 3 FPS, not even before updated my machine to the current setup, and they only happen when I point the CV at the Moons.
    Confirmed also on my wife's machine. Different OS, different CPU, different GPU. Something changed after this update. We have tested and tested, there's no problems in other circumstances, besides some texture tearing which also are new to us but are easily fixed with a client restart.
    Yesterday we raided the Akua / Omicron Moons and we ran smooth as silk.

17. Sturm Panzer

Sturm Panzer Member

Comfirm. NewGame_20.10_2016-11-16_22-57-39.png

18. zulu200

zulu200 New Member

Mode: Survival

SERVER NAME: N/A (Private)

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Severity: Minor

Summary: Wrong 'recycled' materials from (some) Decorative Blocks.

Description:

All of the 'Lab Equipment' as well as two 'Consoles' blocks (Media Center and Computer Table) return the materials as if they were 'Furnishings', when recycled with the Multitool (T2).

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Place one of the blocks mentioned above. (e.g. Media Center from Consoles Deco)
    2. Recycle it via multitool.

Note: Maybe it might help that the above was also true in version 4.3.1 (only for the Consoles, obviously).

19. Frigidman

Frigidman Well-Known Member

Good catch. I totally forget to see if what I'm getting back... truly is what I put into it! LOL!

20. oojimaflip

oojimaflip Well-Known Member

LOL. Is this the current go-to ship for killing frame rates?
    Yeah, my shipyard slows to 45fps sometimes, but it does contain all my CVs, including Typhon, Abaddon, Leviathan, Spear of Lugh, Orphamiel!
    btw, please keep an eye open, I do update from time to time. ;)

Tyrax Lightning and Pantera like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.