Bug Reports: Alpha 4.4.x

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Hummel-o-War, Nov 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

You had fixed placing the "Round Corner" block against itself (so facets didnt show), but I guess in doing that, it now is non-matching to other "Round" blocks:

20161122193000_1.jpg

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  2. Trokanis

Trokanis Commander

This may have been stated so I apologize. But the Base/CV Lights do not give anything when removed with multitool no matter which shape you choose.

3. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral

I was about to go to bed when I posted this & the first ship that came to mind was this because of size & the amount of thrusters.

Updated my drivers need more playtime though but everything seems abit better. I'm now on 375.70 I have been reading that the drivers after this have got some issues so decided to try these. Also for nvidia users it seems nvidia have been adding alot of bloatware with the latest drivers
    links:
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=5354267&postcount=35

http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=5354325&postcount=42

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?p=5354267#post5354267

I have deleted all the folders suggested & everything is working ok it seems like alot of telemetry crap nvidia have started adding to their drivers (I don't know how far back this goes)

Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
    Tyrax Lightning and dichebach like this.
  4. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral

Mode: creative
    If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Reproducibility: Sometimes
    Severity: Major

Summary: Whites dots randomly flickering on the terrain & all blocks (sv,hv,cv & BA). This has been happening for awhile now I have only just managed to get video of it this started before 4.0 as best as I can remember.

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information: watch this video in 1080p

Tyrax Lightning and Frigidman like this.
  5. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral

Mode: Creative & survival

If applicable:

Reproducibility: Always

Summary: Medium & High shadow video settings cause the shadows the flicker on cv's, sv's & hv's

Steps to Reproduce: Go to video options then go through from low to high on shadows like in the video posted below

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information: Watch in 1080p or 720p

Also I should add that this was in 3rd person from the cockpit seat. When moving around the ship in 1st or 3rd pesron out of the cockpit seat it doesn't happen.

6. Captain Jack II

Captain Jack II Rear Admiral

1 forward thruster and one rearward thruster make a ship much much faster than a ship with one forward thruster alone. I do not understand. BP attached. It's got two thrusters pushing one way and one pushing the other, remove the one in front and the ship will slow waaaaaaaay down even though it's lighter and doesn't have any opposite thrust?

oh, and for the love of turkey, why does the ship STOP when I let off the gas... without any thrusters... thrusting... in any direction?

Attached Files:

7. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

Or why does a ship slide into the ground when you nose over or roll despite having 5x the needed thrust to stay hovering?

Theres some big underlying issues with the flight handling still.

Heck, even in Elite Dangerous, I can take my large python cruiser to a planet, and aim its nose at the ground, and it does its best to keep me from slamming into the ground with its tiny forward thrusters. (unless I disengage flight assist, then all bets are off in ANY direction, even level).

Tyrax Lightning and Chucksta like this.
  8. Our Grid

Our Grid Captain

Can confirm this as well, and both wife and I were sure we "saw a ship" so we jumped in one and noticed the weird white dots "flew up and away as we did" so I backed up and dropped, they did too - some sort of artifact or anomaly in graphics for sure.

I really hope this is on the short list for Christmas. Along with walking around ship while underway!!

9. Sny

Sny Lieutenant

Mode: Creative

SERVER NAME: not public
    SEED-ID: 1

Severity: Minor

Summary: Weights of hangar doors not consistent

Description: Weights of the 6x3 10x5 and 14x7 doors are abnormally low.

Door Weight
    5x3 10.0t
    6x3 1.20t
    9x5 12.8t
    10x5 12.0t
    13x7 16.0t
    14x7 2.25t

The health of these very large targets is also extremely low even when compared to plain steel blocks. A wall of truss blocks is stronger.

Steps to Reproduce: H, hangar, right click, look at tooltips for each size

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information:

10. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Mode: Survival

SERVER NAME: N/A
    SEED-ID: 18112016

MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Yes - drone amount and drone base level (7) tweaks in Akua's playfield.yaml.

Severity: Trivial

Summary: Infinite XP exploit when shooting critter at long range.

Description: When critters are far enough away, they're visible, but appear to "moonwalk" in that their walking animation is playing, but they are in fact stationary. If you shoot a critter at long range when they are in this state, you can hit them repeatedly, gaining XP each time, but they do not die. Only when you get a little closer, does the "death" animation play, but while you remain at a distance, you can keep shooting.

Steps to Reproduce: Load any game, find a critter that's animating, but not moving as described, then equip a sufficiently long-range weapon or Turret (I just tested with a Base Cannon Turret) and fire for as long as you want. You'll get lots of XP, but the critter will not die until you get closer.

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information: Not really needed to recreate this one.

Scoob.

11. Natty Ultra

Natty Ultra Ensign

I found I'm unable to move into some areas of my base due to them being twice as thick, though I can't imagine this was intended... at least, I hope not.

12. simplicity

simplicity Ensign

Not really a bug, but more a glitch :)
    Noticed that the corner graphics do not line up with the rest of the windows, and a black line has appeared in some windows.

13. Dinkelsen

Dinkelsen Captain

Mode: not relevant

SERVER NAME: SP
    SEED-ID: not relevant

MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: not relevant

Severity: ?

Summary: Blueprint requirements are... strange?

I do not know if it is a bug or a feature, but the ingot requirements of blueprints are - I would say "not correct".

I made a BP of a small ship and it has an advanced constructor in it. The material requirement for Erestrum and Zascosium are 10 ingots each. The advanced constructor needs 2 power coils = 4 ingots each.

I checked another BP of a larger ship, it has an advanced constructor and a repair bay inside. BP requirement 20 Ere + Zasc ingots. But... 2 power coils (constructor) + 4 power coils (repair bay) = 6 power coils = 12 ingots each.

Can it be that ingots are rounded up to the next higher 10? I checked all blueprints I have and the requirements were all multiples of 10. (Except for growing plots) Is this inteded?

14. Atola

Atola Commander

SUMMARY: new block error? with Round Corner Thin Long

My assumption is that the new block Round Corner Thin Long is supposed to be a thin version of Round Corner Long. However it is anything but. I also don't see how to use the new block except as decoration (it might make great puppy ears :) . So i assume its a bug? In picture below both blocks shown in the same orientation Thin long error.png .

15. Tachyonz

Tachyonz Ensign

SEED-ID: 448891

Summary: Capital Vessel ( 3rd person ) camera not aligned.

Description:
    Choosing 3rd person while piloting the CV, I notice that the camera is not slightly centered as shown on the image below. The camera is slightly on the LEFT side of the screen.

I tried to Auto-Rotate ( key O ) the CV but it did not fix it either and I am not using the free look/camera mode while piloting.

Steps to Reproduce: Go to 3rd person in CV and notice that the camera is slightly on the left.

Original image:

zfhrdj.png

Encircled/Identified image:

zhykur.png

16. Tachyonz

Tachyonz Ensign

Severity: Trivial

Summary: Incorrect info of "ammo capacity" on Minigun turret ( Capital Vessel ).

Description: See the image below.

Steps to Reproduce: Go to cockpit and seat then access control panel and double click minigun turret.

zvebdhdfj.jpg

17. Tachyonz

Tachyonz Ensign

Summary: Incorrect info for Docking Pad ( SV ) & ( HV ) and hidden docking pad SV in landing gear SV.

Description:
    The info for the docking pad confused me at first because it said that it is for small and hover vessel but when I look at the blue dot which is for hover vessel only. Then I also checked the landing gear SV and there you will see that the docking pad for SV is hidden in the landing gear group blocks.

Create 2 different docking pads and name them respectively as Docking Pad (HV) and another one as Docking Pad (SV) and correct both informations.

Steps to Reproduce: See images below.

zzzeyhdj.jpg

zgerhh.jpg

18. Tachyonz

Tachyonz Ensign

Summary: "Computer Table" flickering texture and missing feature.

Description:
    This deco block does a flickering texture on the keyboard screen shown in the image below like it is turning on/off. And lastly the holographic sphere feature is missing as shown in the image below. The icon of the computer table has a sphere hologram shown on the Deco group blocks options.

Fix the flickering keyboard screen and add the holo sphere effect for awesomeness ...lmao.

Steps to Reproduce: Go to where the computer table deco is and pass by or walk around it while the FPV camera is on it and notice that it flickers. Sphere hologram is not present.

zhrdjr.jpg

19. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

4.4.2 build 732 has been released!

All bugs reported above are filed. You do not need to re-report if not yet fixed ;-)

Tyrax Lightning and Ashrai like this.
  20. DonO

DonO Ensign

SEED-ID: Akua 983065
    If applicable:
    reproducibility: Always)

Summary: After patching my game today to 0732 I no longer have any light templates anywhere. I tried to go back several days and load a saved game but still not there. I have one light template for SV but none for Base. Since this game relies heavy on lighting this makes the game pretty hard to continue exploring new areas. Great game by the way! Hope this is an easy fix.

Description:

Steps to Reproduce: Was there after current patch. No longer appear anywhere.

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information: upload_2016-11-24_7-52-29.png

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.