Bug Reports: Alpha 4.4.x

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Hummel-o-War, Nov 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

you need to re-unlock the new container and light group from the techtree

Birkenhoff and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  2. Hummel-o-War

2nd batch of shapes will be added with 5.0 (they were not ready for 4.4)

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  3. Our Grid

Our Grid Well-Known Member

Mode: (Survival)

SEED-ID: (2309115)

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Yes/

Reproducibility: (Sometimes)
    Severity: (Minor)

Summary: Blueprint Window: Unable to Delete / File Actions after a few operations

Description: While trying to clean up my blueprints, I noticed that I lose the ability to delete or overwrite them anymore after a few uses of the GUI. It could POSSIBLY be linked to the Ship Type Sort Buttons, as they seem to be messing with displayed results (in ways that they shouldn't be). Needed to log clear to desktop to resolve, until it repeated again shortly after.

Steps to Reproduce: Start deleting and renaming your blueprints (own, not stock or shop), you can get confirm window, but the buttons don't work anymore. Log to desktop, come back, you can do a few more, then stuck again.

4. lowrads

lowrads New Member

I want to do a clean install of the game, but the EAC software won't let me.

It's my own fault for activating the option in the menu, and then restarting. However, when I went to cancel the EAC install, the game would not boot. I uninstalled the game and then redownloaded it from steam, but the EAC wizard came up anyway. When I cancel it, the Empyrion booter fails. How can I get around this?

I cannot install a keylogger on this machine.

Also, why don't you have a Help forum?

5. freehotdawgs

freehotdawgs Member

Reproducibility: almost always
    Severity: Minor

Most of the time when I first start the game after I turn on my PC, Empyrion will be stuck at 24fps. I either have to restart my pc, play another game for a minute or two, or go into nvidia control panel and change my refresh rate from 144 to 120 and then back to 144. At that point when I start the game again it will now be working at the correct refresh rate.

I am using an i7 3770k oc to 4.4ghz, 16gb ram, gtx 1080 overclocked driver version 375.95, installed on an ssd. I'm using an acer xb270hu monitor 1440p 144hz.

6. Littletreewater

SERVER NAME: (non server local)
    SEED-ID: (911)

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Reproducibility: (Always)
    Severity: (Trivial)

Summary: Turn on the base tools and select connect to base. Then try to put a water collector/survival constructor/h20 etc and you can't put it down. The blocks are red. Turn it off and you can put it down again.

7. STEEL

STEEL New Member

Mode: (MULTIPLAYER)

SERVER NAME: (ELION STUDIOS OFFICIAL PUBLIC SERVER)

Severity: (Major, EXTREME, URGENT)

Summary: played about 12 hours ago, I always check Registry and ownership of my things before Logging Off.

Description: Logged in just now, My main Base, I cannot access, my secondary base was set to Public. Why? This is a MAJOR bug. There should be a log created upon logging off of ALL your things owned including materials etc. Over the last month, 8 SV/CV have simply vanished. Items in certain storage, vanished. This is a MAJOR problem. Can't get into my main base, PLEASE HELP DEVS!!!!!

Steps to Reproduce:

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information: FACTION - ANDROMEDA HADES CORP, Have owned this first/main base since I started over 7 weeks ago on multiplayer.

RECOMMENDATION - Owner Faction Bases CANNOT be altered or changed EVER by anyone. Log Out "LOG" created of ALL Bases/Crafts/Container held Items/etc. so upon logging back in a check is made to verify all items are there for owner and not missing.

Attached Files:

8. STEEL

STEEL New Member

Mode: (MULTIPLAYER)

SERVER NAME: (ELION STUDIOS OFFICIAL PUBLIC SERVER)

Severity: (Major)

Summary: Constant swatches of land missing graphically

Description: Sides of mountains, plains, lakes missing graphically,

Steps to Reproduce: Happens ALL the time. Several images included to show this.

Attached Files:

Sturm Panzer and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  9. Sturm Panzer

Sturm Panzer Member

SERVER NAME: (MadUniverse)

1.Reproducibility: (Random)

Minerals produced in the auto-miners are invisible. Re-enter or re-deploy solves the problem.

2.Reproducibility: (Almost always)

Progress "bar" not visible in all constructors. Re-enter solves the problem. Age old issue.

Yeap, A LOT of tearing since 4.4

10. Robertak

Robertak Member

mode: ANY

subject: fixed CV weapons convergencing

when you fire fixed CV weapons in 3rd person view, the convergency works just fine - all weapons are hitting the same place, exact point on target you are targeting on

when you do the same in 1st person view, convergency is not working at all - weapon hits are spreaded on target according weapon's placing on your ship..

this seems a little weird to me, as game is favouring fighting in 3rd person view by this behavior.. shouldn't it behave the same? so the game will not force you to fight in 3rd person view even though your ship is constructed to allow you fight "real" from your cockpit view?

11. Hummel-o-War

Did this happen after updating the server?

12. Hummel-o-War

Your crosshair needs to point at something > can not reproduce. Maybe you can do a video ? :)

13. Achilles

Achilles Well-Known Member

This is a new one, Since the update.

Never had this before.

Clear cache, reboot etc. Still 100% every time this happens.

14. Hummel-o-War

=> Client.log needed
    => Server logs needed

15. LiftPizzas

LiftPizzas Well-Known Member

SP Survival, havent tested elsewhere.

When constructor inventory is full and you queue something that needs a subcomponent that is not in the constructor already (e.g. queue an ammo box when there are no cables present) it will get stuck making the subcomponent over and over. The cables go into a black hole so it just keeps removing (destroying) another copper ingot with each cycle.

16. Blackhawk

Blackhawk Active Member

Mode: Survival/Creative
    Reproducibility: Always
    Summary: Faces still bugged on some shapes, coloring now colors entire block on certain rotations
    [​IMG]

17. Robertak

Robertak Member

sorry, I'm not good at creating videos.. my crosshair of course IS pointing at something.. still weapons do not converge in 1st person view (in 3rd person it works normally)

simply make a ship where fixed weapons are separated by 10 blocks space.. spawn a small target in 200m range, then try to hit it with 3rd person view and then with 1st person view..

edit: first try to hit it in 1st person, in 3rd you will destroy it.. :)

edit2: it seems to me, like in 1st person the crosshairs is somewhat misplaced

Last edited: Nov 27, 2016
  18. LiftPizzas

LiftPizzas Well-Known Member

I think you are mixing up first and third person. Third person is the external "chase cam" view. Weapons have never converged from third person view, for whatever reason.

19. Maddreg

Maddreg Member

Mode: Any

SEED-ID: Any

Reproducibility: Always

Summary: Shutter doors/automatic doors/ramp block glitch

Description: When you place 2 shutter doors, automatic doors or ramp block next to each other and try to open/close one of them, both are opening/closing. If you place 3 blocks in a row - 2 are opening/closing together and one opens/closes separately. If you place 4 blocks in a row, you get 2 pairs which are opening closing together

Steps to Reproduce: Place 2 shutter doors/automatic doors/ramp block of same type/size next to each other and activate any of them

20. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Well-Known Member

I know what ya mean with that particular Block Shape. Some Block Shapes cheat & use more then one of the 'Faces' as a single 'Face' for purposes of Coloring & Texturing. I dunno if this is a Bug or Technical Limitations. I've just been going ahead & dealing with it.

Theory: CV Cockpits recently got love in having the Camera View while sitting in them FINALLY get fixed to better reflect actually SITTING in the Chair of the Cockpit... perhaps the Code that affects the Crosshair & Convergence Code accidentally didn't get Updated along with it? Also @Robertak please specify which Cockpit ya are using, & it might not be a bad idea to test both & see if both have the Issue.

Edit: Oh, also didn't the ability to be able to literally move the 3rd Person View Camera to a different position recently get Implemented? Did ya ever do this Rob?

As best as I know, Intended at this time. 2 is the cap on how many can 'coop' with each other in one go at this time. No clue if this will ever change in the future.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.