Bug Reports: Alpha 4.4.x

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Hummel-o-War, Nov 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robertak

Robertak Member

the problem is, that for now, weapons ARE converging from 3rd person view or "chase cam" or whatever you want to call it, and ARE NOT converging when fighting from cockpit.. that is the reason I have raised this bugreport. If it was in opposite manner, I would never tell a word..

Frigidman and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  2. Frigidman

Frigidman Well-Known Member

Could you write up some steps to reproduce, what block(s), how you aim to color it. The image really isn't helping...

Note that any block with more than 6 faces, WILL color two faces (not all 7) depending on what you aim at. This is a known issue, and unknown if they will/can fix it (engine limitation right now).

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  3. Frigidman

For shutters, it was supposed (?) to link all touching shutters, so you could actually make rows of shutters that open/close together. However that is not the case.... only two react.

With doors, it doesnt seem at all reasonable in any placement, that both should open together... it just looks wrong, especially when the doors open into each other outside of their frames.

This is apparently intended behavior when I brought it up.

4. Robertak

Robertak Member

@Tyrax Lightning I was using CV Cockpit 1, not sure if I moved camera for 3rd person, but problem is definitely with 1st person view

5. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Well-Known Member

In the case of Doors, they mighta did this with the idea in mind that ya Orient the Doors so their Bottoms face each other... but in this case, why isn't one using Shutters instead imho?

Hopefully that'll help the Devs. I can't help but to wonder if the Devs forgot to move the Convergence Code for the CV Cockpits when they moved the Camera View recently. Best Theory I can think of right now.

6. Brett

Brett Member

Mode: Survival (4.4.2 0734)

SERVER NAME: N/A
    SEED-ID: 805767

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Reproducibility: Unknown - Can provide saved game
    Severity: Minor

Summary: Multitool pointed at terrain next to concrete block from specific location at specific angle shows "Container"

Description: Ran into this quite by accident looking for damaged blocks. See below (look at the multitool status--"Container Hit Points: 50/50"):

20161127161124_1.jpg

Now, I hit the LMB to see what happens (block disappears, but "Container" is still listed):

20161127161230_1.jpg

So, while it's listed as a "Container" at this point, it's really pointing at the concrete block, as you can see. It only happens at certain angles, too.

Steps to Reproduce: No clue if it's reproducible or not outside this specific set of circumstances. I can provide a saved game if desired.

7. Tyrax Lightning

I sometimes have something like this happen in regards to occasionally accessing something right through a Closed Door or Shutter. Never could figure out how to Reproduce it at will.

Tachyonz likes this.
  8. Cpt_Beefheart

Cpt_Beefheart Well-Known Member

Aw I feel a little bad now, no apologies were needed in that situation. It reminded me to post that device idea so I'm thankful for the nonbug report.
    We're all on the same team here :)

Tachyonz and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  9. LiftPizzas

LiftPizzas Well-Known Member

Ok, I was using an SV, so I went in and tested this with a CV in build 734 to try and reproduce your results. I thought maybe a window in front of the cockpit was becoming the "target" and screwing up the location the shots were supposed to converge on. I took the starter T1 and stuck lasers on the end of 10-block sticks on each side. I fired at a huge block wall as wide as the ship.

I tried 5 different ways: (Note, by "fixed" view I mean the non-freelook where the crosshair is visible.)

1- Internal, fixed view: convergence.
    2- External, fixed view: convergence.
    3- External, fixed view, PgUp a few times to move the crosshair: convergence.

4- Internal, freelook: NO convergence.
    5- External, freelook: NO convergence.

So the common element in my case is that the freelook disables convergence. (Which makes sense because there's no crosshair when you're in freelook.)

Internal fixed
    1stfixed.jpg

External fixed
    3rdfixed.jpg

External freelook
    3rdfree.jpg

I'm not sure why you're getting the results you are. Maybe your ship was built sideways or backwards or something? Can you zip the blueprint and attach it here? I'd like to see if I can reproduce it and if it's specific to the ship.

Tyrax Lightning and Tachyonz like this.
  10. Robertak

Robertak Member

@LiftPizzas interesting, it doesn't work for me. I never shoot from free look as there is no crosshairs as you have already mentioned. But your suggestions gave me some idea.. I'll test it when I'm off work (about 17:00 CET). That ship I'm encountering problem with has a "double" glass cockpit made of the first layer of Armored Glass and the second layer of Shutter Windows.. Perhaps that is causing these problems as engine may evaluate the secod layer of windows as target or it simple "misplaces" the crosshairs. I'll let you know the result.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
    Tyrax Lightning and LiftPizzas like this.
  11. Robertak

Robertak Member

@Tyrax Lightning @LiftPizzas @Hummel-o-War Ok, guys.. First sorry for latency, I had to solve some problems in RL first.. Second - the mystery is solved.. The problem lies in "dual" window cockpit.. When you build your cockpit like this (side shutters removed so it is better visible): noconvergency.png
    your fixed weapons are no more able to converge when you are shooting in 1st person fixed view..

This is quite a bug for me, as in my eyes shutter windows are downright predestined to such using.

When I remove those shutters, everything works normally.

Hope this will help developers to reproduce this bug and that it will be solved soon now :)

LiftPizzas and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  12. Frigidman

So two layers of blocks in front of you causes convergence issues???!!! Well then. There goes putting a command deck deep inside without windows! LOL.

13. LiftPizzas

The funny thing is I added a shutter in front of the cockpit on the same ship I was testing with, the shots converged at such angles to both hit the shutter block right in front of me.

Also this brings up another bug. @Hummel-o-War I'm getting an intermittent "only one of the CV laser cannons fires, the other one stops firing completely" and it gets fixed if I hit reload. Let me know if this has not been reported previously and I can produce more details if needed.

14. Tyrax Lightning

Sounds like a BP of the specific Vehicle this Issue is happening with may still be of use in case the Bug is so elusive, it's even specific to specific Cockpit, Armored Window, & Shutter Window Block Positions, maybe even in terms of specific Meters away the Windows are from the Cockpit, & maybe also specific to a specific Cockpit.

15. Robertak

Robertak Member

well, as LiftPizzas was able to reproduce that bug with Tier1 CV from WS although with slightly different result (it is definitely the same bug - weapons in both cases are trying to hit that shutter window, only in case of my ship the shutter is "behind" the guns, so those are literally not able to hit it and thus not converging at all) I think it is not necessary to post BP of my precious ship here.. ;-) not that I would shy to share it, but it is a prototype striker CV designed for breaching of enemy defenses so I would rather keep it private ;-)

16. Tyrax Lightning

Ahh, MP PvP Design? In that case, no sweat, I understand that totally. :)

Robertak likes this.
  17. City Builder

City Builder New Member

I've been playing single player and it's been fine... Until I joined a multiplayer game (don't know the name of the server or the seed) and I played around for a few minutes in the server then disconnected and reloaded my own single player world to find that while the world is mine, it is missing all the building that I'd done and the resources are completely different, and are from (what I can tell) from the multiplayer world.

So my base was gone although the landscape was the same in my single player world but resources were all different and seemingly untouched.

Thankfully I only lost a few hours playtime since I had done a backup earlier that day.

18. oojimaflip

oojimaflip Well-Known Member

Z-Ordering issue; the convergence coordinates are calculated based on objects under the crosshairs, but if it's not looking far enough *forward then they will converge on something attached to the parent structure. It seems obvious to me that currently there is no check to see if the object under the crosshair is part of the same structure, if this is the case (window, double window, triple window) then the convergence coordinates should be taken from the next object in the z-order.

19. robchatc35

robchatc35 Active Member

I was on server SEA Ecam Empire yesterday and when placing my survival constructor mouse moved and i lost the constructor. Luckily i had enough resources to make a BP SV with constructor.
    Also had excessive kicking out of menu's when accessing them especially while flying in the SV.

20. LiftPizzas

Survival SP, my base's consumption says 42 when the advanced constructor is active and supposed to be using 300 by itself.

Is your savegame called "New Game" by any chance?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.