Bug Reports: Alpha 5.0.x

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by EleonGameStudios, Dec 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FullSized

FullSized New Member

The arrow pointing to the warp point is often not visible at all until you are almost pointed directly at the warp poing. It is rarely visible as it use to be from any direction to point the way. At least 40% of the time You have to just keep spinning around looking for the tiny box as the arrow never shows up. Occasionally it doesn't even show the box and you have to just keep spinning and accelerating and hitting K until you finally warp.

0skillz and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  2. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Well-Known Member

1: Ya can place Auto-Miners on an Ore Vein while the Marker is there to tell ya the right place to park them, & if someone Mines the Vein out manually, last I heard, the Auto-Miner will still function normally anyway. If this has changed, this is news to me & may be a bug to Report.

2: Ability to Mine Meteors with the HV Drill & Turret Drill didn't make it into 5.0, but has made into 5.1 which just came out, & their now being able to be Mined as such is Intended. (Mining HV Manual Drill now seems to be the new fastest way to Resource Meteor Mine now! :D Also it'd be interesting to test Co-Op Mining HV work with a peep driving the Mining HV Manual Drills into the Resource Meteor & other Peeps in Passenger Seats operating HV Mining Turrets on the same Resource Meteor at the same time & see if it's extra fast that way or not...)

For the Topic: Anomaly: When ya have the Shoulder Light on & enter a Closed Cockpit, then exit it, the Shoulder Light is no longer on & has to be re-turned on. Intended or Bug?

3. MechPilot524

MechPilot524 Well-Known Member

Mode: Survival

SERVER NAME: Server was not public (password protected and we don't give the password out) but it's called Mech and Friends
    SEED-ID: 8773235

MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Reproducibility: Unable
    Severity: Major

Summary: Game won't allow me to place BA blocks.

Description: I was inside a hanger. There was a hover vessel inside the hangar, but it was not anywhere near the place where I was trying to place concrete blocks and later truss blocks. When I moved around there was a chance of it suddenly letting me place blocks.
    Hangar was in a BA on Masperon and was mostly composed of concrete.
    Relogging fixed the problem.

Steps to Reproduce:
    No idea.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
    Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  4. MrZuribachi

MrZuribachi New Member

SERVER NAME: It's a private server, PW not given to public
    SEED-ID: I don't know it :(

MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: DontKnow

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Minor

Summary: Turned POI doesn't disassemble

Description: Me and my friends turned a small outpost and the abandoned mine on Akua, destroying its core and placing our own. Using the Multi Tool in Disassemble Mode returns components and only sometimes the intact block, as if it was without any core, however we placed our own cores inside both structures.

Steps to Reproduce: Find POI -> Find and destroy alien core -> place own core -> use Multi Tool (T1 or T2 doesn't matter) in disassemble mode on POI -> get components and only sometimes intact blocks

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information: was tested in Alpha 5.0.0 as server hasn't been updated yet to 5.0.1

5. Uncle Rhythm Tom

Uncle Rhythm Tom New Member

Mode: Creative

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: NO

Reproducibility: Not sure, only tested by myself

Summary: Main thrusters removal issue and landing gear blocks (mainly docking pads), CV + SV + HV

Description: When you try to remove a main thruster from any side besides the grid bottom it moves the current equipped block away in any direction and it is very difficult to remove the thruster. It's the most difficult from the front where the thrust exhaust is and the big thrusters XL and XXL are the most noticeable ones. When trying to edit them on a ship it becomes a big hassle and you'll end up having to delete some surrounding blocks to get to a point where the thruster allows you to delete it. The same goes for landing gear, when trying to remove them it moves the current equipped block to the side so you cant properly delete it without any problems. It's mostly the docking pads but it's enough to be irritating.

Steps to Reproduce: Set a main thruster (any size but mostly XL and XXL) down and try to remove it from any side with shift+right mouse besides the grid bottom. Set a docking pad down and try to delete it from the side facing you.

Other notes: Docking pads or landing gear don't like to be colored unless you aim at it from certain angles but it's not a big deal.

6. LiftPizzas

LiftPizzas Well-Known Member

Severity: Major

Summary: Stuff I own shoots at me

Description: When I'm flying a ship whose faction does not match my own base, my base will shoot at the ship I'm in. Turrets should never fire at anything if their owner is inside it. I would also think "public" stuff would be the same as "neutral" or "civilian" and not be fired upon by default.

Steps to Reproduce: Fly a public ship near your factioned base

7. LiftPizzas

Reproducibility: Sometimes
    Severity: Minor but annoying

Summary: Outdoor sound FX playing while indoors.

Description: Inside my base on Masperon I am getting the constant "alien savanna" sounds. I'm not sure if it is while standing under windows or what, but my base does have a complete roof.

8. LiftPizzas

Mode: All

Summary: Dawn/dusk are fixed brightness values

Description: When adjusting lighting on a planet, the values for day and night can be changed, but not while the sun is near the horizon. Within about an hour on each, it is super dark, which does not make sense unless you also have nights or days set to super dark. Can we get this value added to the playfield.yaml?

9. LiftPizzas

I noticed the same thing on a ship I was building, it wasn't giving me back the assembled pieces. Then when my own turrets tried to kill me I noticed it was set to "public" (because everyone always tries to kill public things like UPS trucks and school buses, right? LOL) and I think it's set to not allow full disassembly on public stuff.

10. Booyaah

Booyaah Well-Known Member

Upon loading into patch 5.0.1 for the first time it seems the lighting on the sun got jacked way up. Warping to another system seemed to fix it for now.

[​IMG]

Tyrax Lightning and Mercestes like this.
  11. Spikaner

Spikaner Member

Description: Since Update from 5.0.0 to 5.0.1 Server dosent start anymore (Fresh install etc.)

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information:

Attached Files:

• log.txt
      File size:
      6.1 KB
      Views:
  12. Alcatraz

Alcatraz New Member

I and mine have a problem that, for example, that the berabbaugeräte are suddenly off and no longer work when one is offline man must every time take the device and again put it off again

13. DS_Marine

DS_Marine Member

100% AA bug. (GUI bug)
    Block classification (color dots) transfer to other block when dragging on top.
    STR: Drag armor block, drop on a hand tool. Now hand tool has color dots (until you drop it on some inventory slot).
    NOTE: This was seen last night on 5.0

14. DS_Marine

DS_Marine Member

bergbaugeräte = Mining equipment. But which one exaclty?

15. HatchetEgg

HatchetEgg New Member

Mode: (Survival)

SERVER NAME: Any
    SEED-ID: 5460

MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No
    Reproducibility: (Always)
    Severity: (Major)

Summary: Oxygen consumption issue

Description: When on a planet that has a breathable atmosphere, oxygen levels dip when helmet is off at a slow rate

Steps to Reproduce: Visit a planet with a breathable atmosphere, take helmet off, then wait some time.

16. LiftPizzas

Is it happening when you are not inside a ship's cockpit?

17. HrRossi

HrRossi New Member

Mode: Creative + Survival

Severity: Trivial

Summary: Operating several generators (oxygen, hydrogen+oxygen) in a row depletes water, leaves permanent hole in the water

Description: I've placed a couple of hydrogen generators in a row with their long sides touching and supplied with energy. After producing exactly 24 bottles, all the inner generators of the row ran out of source material. When I removed them, they left holes in the water where their center was. This happens even when the generators are fully submerged (you can stand in the underwater-hole and take the helmet off without suffocating).

Steps to Reproduce: Place 3+ oxygen/hydrogen-oxygen generators next to each other, long side to long side. Supply with energy. Wait for 24 bottles in the center generator. Remove the generator. You have created a permanent hole in the sea.
    20161222153047_1.jpg

Gatt, 0skillz and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  18. Qubz

Qubz New Member

I can confirm on Akua I am using oxygen when helmet is off and outside of a ship's cockpit.

19. DS_Marine

DS_Marine Member

Since the in-game PDA advises you to NOT deploy these generators in a row, I guess they already know about this.
    Hole in the water still worthy to report tho .D

20. Orion

Orion New Member

we have a problem of ships floating up into the air even if they are turned off
    and also there is a problem with constructors not working

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.