Bug Reports: Alpha 6.2.x

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Hummel-o-War, Jun 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

PLEASE read the FAQs before reporting bugs that may just be gameplay changes.

[READ FIRST] Alpha 6.0 - Gameplay FAQ
    [READ FIRST] Alpha 6.0 - FAQ for BUILDERS
    [READ FIRST] Alpha 6.0 - FAQ for MP & CUSTOMIZATION & SCENARIO

-----------------

Crashes on game start

For those of you who experience crashes when starting the game (before you get to the main menu), we might have a fix: You need to start Empyrion with a batch file that you can download here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/tiijba1wag5swnr/Empyrion_Test.zip?dl=0

- Copy the batch file into the Steam folder where you have installed your game (e.g. D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Empyrion - Galactic Survival) and execute it

- The batch file starts Empyrion in a mode where Workshop data is loaded only when needed, i.e. when you first enter the New Game menu or the Blueprint Library

------------------

[PLEASE REPORT] Game crashes/Freezes at START Menu/Access Violation (0xc0000005) over here: http://empyriononline.com/threads/p...start-menu-access-violation-0xc0000005.11617/

-----------------

PLEASE READ FIRST!!

1. If you haven an issue with a Base or Vessel with temperature, radiation, colliders, can-not-dock, o2 or plants not growing or anything that happens without anything else in the game world is directly affected, please ADD THE BLUEPRINT or the SAVEGAME and add an info if SP or MP! If you want to add your savegame, please upload your savegame to a cloud host (like dropbox, google,..) and add a LINK to your report

2. If you having issues with
    something missing from your planet, spawned in the wrong place or anything that keeps being broken after resuming a savegame PLEASE UPLOAD the savegame to a cloud host (like dropbox, google etc) and add a LINK in your bug report

3. If you CRASHED with a message "
    Continue or Quit" on a SP or MP game, PLEASE ALWAYS add the corresponding CLIENT.LOG file! You can find it in the /LOGS folder with the appropriate version name (e.g. version folder with 1022 is for version 6.x build 1022). Please do NOT copy the contents of the Client.log files to this thread!

IF you are the server owner, please zip the corresponding LOGS folder of your server and attach it to the bug-report as well!

4. If you
    CRASHED back to desktop (empyion.exe does not work anymore) do the same as in (3.).

5. If you game
    FREEZES (locked up), please make a note that this is a FREEZE (not a "Crash"). Add the same files as in 3. and maybe add a dxdiag as well.

THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR SUPPORT! :)

-------------------------------------

Post your bugs here using the following template:

Mode: (Creative, Survival)

SERVER NAME: (If the issue happened on a public server, please add the name here)
    SEED-ID: (Please always add the SEED-ID for SingleplayerSurvival games; Open the console. The Seed is noted somewhere to the "playfield loaded" dialogue)

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Yes/No/DontKnow (<- YES if new planets or non-default playfields are used. Use DontKnow if you are not aware if anything has been changed)

Reproducibility: (Always, Sometimes, Unable)
    Severity: (Trivial, Minor, Major, Crash)

Type: (Global / O2Rooms / Temperature,Radiation / Player Armor,Boosters / Repair / Teleport,Portals / Instances / Triggers,Sensors / AIVessels / Gamestart / ... )

Summary:

Description:

Steps to Reproduce:

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:

2. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Commander

Mode: Creative & Survival

SEED-ID: 2017

MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Minor

Type: Texturing

Summary: New spotlight slope block can not be textured.

Description: As described in summary. Coloring works fine. We need texturing on spotlight slope block in order to make it match the look of the rest of the ship/base

Steps to Reproduce: Try to apply any texture on the spotlight slope block

Zuleica likes this.
  3. Furious Hellfire

Furious Hellfire Commander

Spotlight is a Device, you cannot texture devices.
    This is not a bug report, it is a suggestion in all fairness.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
  4. cmwhee

cmwhee Lieutenant

Mode: Launcher

Type: server tracking

Summary: History doesn't track my creative server

Description: I mounted a creative server using citadel gameservers, but no matter how many times I go there, it isn't tracked in my history. This means I have to manually copy and paste the ip:port every time I want to log on

Steps to Reproduce: PM me if you want the address to the server

5. AngelofDeath69

Mode: Survival

MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Severity: Crash

Type: Global

Summary: SV approcahing CV hangar door crashes game

Description: When i take my SV and approach the Alien captured CV ship to enter and dock the game freezes for a second and then crashes. Only crashes when i take the SV. If i walk ot go by bike it does not crash.
    This didn't happen before this update.
    Steps to Reproduce: Enter SV and go to the alien CV that is parked behind the base and approach the hangar as if you were going to enter.

Direct link to logs, crash report and save game (37 Mb):

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/5742729cbc3c912d768774aa5e0e967820170614145354/e61c9b

Addendum:
    Just tried with a completely different SV and it does not happen. Seems to only happen with that specific SV that's already built on the save

6. Hummel-o-War

I am afraid i cannot even open the link. Mayb send only the Client.Logs and Crash reports for now.

7. AngelofDeath69

I have updated it to a new link. Please try now.
    Thanks!

8. Extaz93

Extaz93 Ensign

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
  9. Extaz93

Extaz93 Ensign

SEED-ID: 348405
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS:
    No
    Severity: Major

Type: Captured Freighter simply disappear

Summary:

Description: I captured an ennemy Attenbor Freighter near the orbital Akua trade station, placing my own core. I manually places some blocks to repair it. When i left the game and came back, the freighter had completely disappeared, there is absolutely nothing left.

Save and logs here : https://wetransfer.com/downloads/78...a618264490cf71c040497f4e20170614184135/0e4a00

10. Extaz93

Extaz93 Ensign

SEED-ID: 348405
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS:
    No
    Type: No collisions with ennemy CV in space + ennemy turrets inactive

Summary:

Description: Approaching a Attenbor Freighter in space to attack it, i'm just passing through it with my SV. There is no collision at all and the turrets aren't attacking me. I went elsewhere and came back to find it again, still no collisions but this time turrets where working.

Save and logsh here : https://wetransfer.com/downloads/78...a618264490cf71c040497f4e20170614184135/0e4a00

11. Trinity

Trinity Ensign

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Yes

Type: Internal corruption error when clicking on a planet to warp to on the solar system map.

Summary: THIS IS A FIX. For people who had problem like our server with the corruption errors and being unable to get out of the system due to the unlimited amount of errors poping up on your screen.

Description:
    I was able to after much work find the cause of it, for people who have older custom made playfield.ymal's (the SPACE ones to be specific) all lack these lines:
    FixedPlayerStart:

- Mode: Debug
    Pos: [ -353, 72, -306 ]
    RotY: 0 # rotation angle around Y axis

The strange part of this bug is why it effects some play fields and not other even though nether have this line confuses me, but hay it works.

For those people who like me tried at first replacing some of the space files with new ones to try fix it. THIS WONT work for some. For example the SpaceEmpty even the most current version of it dosn't have the FixedPlayerStart line in it and will still not work. I had to manually add that to the .ymal files for the corruption error to stop it appearing.

Hope this helps someone out there, it took me days to find this.

Pantera likes this.
  12. Pyston

Pyston Captain

Mode: (Creative, Survival) Survival

SERVER NAME: (If the issue happened on a public server, please add the name here)
    SEED-ID: (Please always add the SEED-ID for SingleplayerSurvival games; Open the console. The Seed is noted somewhere to the "playfield loaded" dialogue)

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Yes/No/DontKnow (<- YES if new planets or non-default playfields are used. Use DontKnow if you are not aware if anything has been changed)

Reproducibility: (Always, Sometimes, Unable) Always
    Severity: (Trivial, Minor, Major, Crash) Major

Type: (Global / O2Rooms / Temperature,Radiation / Player Armor,Boosters / Repair / Teleport,Portals / Instances / Triggers,Sensors / AIVessels / Gamestart / ... ) Blue Prints not working from steam

Summary: Some players have contacted me on steam with a number of my ships not spawning after factory production.

Description:

Steps to Reproduce: Subscribe to ship, put blueprint into factory, wait for it to be done, error

[​IMG]

13. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral

Can you link to the ships this happens to ?

14. Pyston

Pyston Captain

15. Exacute

Exacute Commander

Mode: Any

SERVER NAME: NA
    SEED-ID: 915565

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Kinda.

Type: PDA
    Summary: Having items in toolbar, doesn't trigger the check. (They need to be re-added to toolbar)

Description: ^

Steps to Reproduce: Equip constructor in toolbar from start. Go with the questline, till it asks you to put it in toolbar. Observe it's unchecked.

16. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral

How old is that save ?
    Does exiting the save the reloading change this ?
    Can you upload it ?

17. Exacute

Exacute Commander

SERVER NAME: N/A
    SEED-ID: 915565, more

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Kinda

Reproducibility: (Always, Sometimes, Unable)

Type: Movement jittery

Summary: When moving, the cursor jitters around the center, seemingly random.

Description: This might be a new feature, but to me, it seems very disruptive and distractive.

Steps to Reproduce: New save => run around => observe cursor

18. Hummel-o-War

Team is already investigating!

Exacute likes this.
  19. Hummel-o-War

yey, we trigger the action, not if the device is where it should be. Maybe can change this in the long run.

Exacute likes this.
  20. Pyston

Pyston Captain

Ty. I will relay the info to the subscribers on steam. Trying to keep an open dialog with them.

I wonder if it has to do with me updating the ship, but then going into the blueprint folder, dropping in a new picture and changing the name of the old picture to name + old and using the original name for the new pic, but then not actually uploading the file to steam. Or...I dunna, I am ignorant when it comes to coding and stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.