Bug Reports : Alpha Experimental 5.1

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by EleonGameStudios, Jan 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EleonGameStudios

EleonGameStudios Developer
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Post your bugs here using the following template:

Mode: (Creative, Survival)

SERVER NAME: (If the issue happened on a public server, please add the name here)
    SEED-ID: (Please always add the SEED-ID for SingleplayerSurvival games; Open the console. The Seed is noted somewhere to the "playfield loaded" dialogue)

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Yes/No/DontKnow (<- YES if new planets or non-default playfields are used. Use DontKnow if you are not aware if anything has been changed)

Reproducibility: (Always, Sometimes, Unable)
    Severity: (Trivial, Minor, Major, Crash)

Summary:

Description:

Steps to Reproduce:

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information:

Applejack and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  2. adeadlybutterfly

adeadlybutterfly Lieutenant

MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Minor

Summary: Bugged CV block count from core.

Description: Still getting the "Too far away from the center of the structure" error on larger builds. Cutting Approximately 50 blocks off of what you'd be able to build Pre 4.4.

Steps to Reproduce:
    Load up any large/long build on the workshop and try to place blocks at the front/rear.

20170112120046_1.jpg 20170112120159_1.jpg

Gatt, Applejack, Pantera and 2 others like this.
  3. medicineman

medicineman Captain

Mode: Survival

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Yes/No/DontKnow (<- YES if new planets or non-default playfields are used. Use DontKnow if you are not aware if anything has been changed) no

Reproducibility: always
    Severity: minor

Summary: reloading and then hitting zoom makes things sideways.

Description: When you reload and then quickly zoom site at least with the epic pistol, sniper and assault rifle, you get a sideways tilt.

Steps to Reproduce: reload, hit zoom, and your zoom lense image is oriented with a tilt.

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information:

upload_2017-1-11_21-32-57.png

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  4. medicineman

medicineman Captain

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Yes/No/DontKnow (<- YES if new planets or non-default playfields are used. Use DontKnow if you are not aware if anything has been changed) no

Reproducibility: unable
    Severity: Minor

Summary: Weird vibration of block hologram and CV body structure.

Description: So I have the lower part of my CV under construction. I parked my HV on the flat lower CV section and turned it off. Then I tried to put blocks down and the hologram started wobbling. Then the CV body piece under the HV also started to vibrate and wobble. It is bouncing.

Restarting game same issue is reoccurring to lesser extent. It really doesn't like having blocks added to the structure with the HV parked on top of it.

Applejack and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  5. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral

To add to this

Here is a save game measuring all directions from a core of a CV.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxkDdP6tImzGZkk4bjN2LUI3ZnM

Blueprint attached also. When spawning the blueprint in the above the core blocks vanish and the rest of them only have 1 side of the block showing.

Attached Files:

6. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

Afaik the issue with the Max-size building area is not yet adressed in EXP 5.1

7. Hummel-o-War

Hard to say what the issue could be - can you add a video?

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  8. Mercestes

Mercestes Guest

MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Nah

Reproducibility: (Always, Sometimes, Unable)
    Severity: (Trivial, Minor, Major, Crash)

Summary: Ningues plants don't seem to count for "find plants" missions

Description: Grabbed brown mushroom, vegetable protein and pixie stalk on Ningues, didn't seem to advance the "find plants" mission. I had already grabbed a pixie stalk before the mission started though, maybe I screwed it up. Eating plants did advance mission.

Steps to Reproduce: Start in the winter wonderland. Try to complete "find plants" mission.

9. medicineman

medicineman Captain

I'll try.

10. medicineman

medicineman Captain

11. Hummel-o-War

Set your video to "unlisted" and post the link here please

12. Hummel-o-War

PDA tutorial won't work on Ningues at the moments. But thx for the heads up!

13. medicineman

medicineman Captain

I don't know what you mean by that. Sorry not a youtube person. Had to make an account and everything. Never used fraps before either. Not really my thing. Wait I think I found it. wow obscure..

14. Polaris

Polaris Ensign

I have a bug to report :

Mode : Creative (for what i know)

Modified Playerfields : Yes

Reproducibility : Always
    Severity : Major

Summery : Disability to warp from Omicron Orbit.

Description : There is disability to warp anywhere from Omicron Orbit/

Step to Reproduce : Warp (or start) into Omicron Orbit. from there there is no ability to warp.
    1.png

15. Ludovico Zanichelli

So, we play this game in Multi-seat with AsterV7, two games, with two Steams, and 2 different accounts, and 2 payed games on different hard drives.
    With the 5.0.4 update we can't login in a server with EAC anymore with the secondary account, i think it might be relative due to eac changes, i think we have the same ip but we always played fine and smoothly, we used sandboxie to open a second eac i think automatically... now we cant play together on the same pc, so for us is crucial to be able to get a workaround of some type or at leats make eac able to be opened twice (only in a multiseat configuration) we hope to get some info asap, best coop game ever... ;(

16. schuljakov_jun

SERVER NAME: official experimental
    SEED-ID:

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: DontKnow

Severity: Crash

Summary: Game crashes on zienestus

Description: I was just trying to fly above zeinestus (I don't remember how it spell, sorry), when game begun to crash. I tried to warp back to omicron, but game crash again, so when I returned - ship was on the orbit, but I was on the surface, with no resources. The point is that I set a faction. If I restart, all buildings and ships of all members will disappear?

Steps to Reproduce: Just fly there on CV

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information: A couple of last logs

Attached Files:

17. zamirathe

zamirathe Lieutenant

SERVER NAME: SAS Home (private server)
    SEED-ID: 2881229

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Yes, but just to add the Pentaxid resource which works fine.

Severity: Major

Summary: Trying to enter Omicron's or Akua's moon gives the re-entry bug but warnings in the console. For a few seconds, the planet land and water is shown before it switches to the re-entry visual bug and then eventually you'll kind of see the Moon.

Description: Hubby and I started up a 5.1 server on a home computer. Leaving the planet was no big deal and space looked great. Upon entering the moon, if we don't get kicked back to the planet completely, we get the re-entry heat visuals that stay with the ship no matter what you do until you log out and log back in. However, that isn't the only thing. On entering the moon playfield, there is a brief few seconds where Akua or Omicron is seen below, then the re-entry heat appears and slowly but surely the moon landscape appears. A couple of times it actually completely reverted us back to the planet and not the moon. After it happened a second time and I made sure I was entering dead center way from any pole, I looked in the console and saw warnings that my ship was out of the playfield and it was repositioning the ship. First time hubby said something, I looked at the server which is right next to me. It said the playfields loaded were Omicron (I was there), Akua Moon, then the moon disappeared and Akua loaded. Only 2 of us on the server. As I went in and out of the moon numerous times, restarted my game, restarted the server, and still had the same issue I think it is reproducible enough.

This is major because in order to be able to see anything though you can still move the ship.

Note: This does not happen going back to Akua or Omicron, just trying to go to the Moon.

Steps to Reproduce: Try to visit Akua or Omicron's moon from orbit.

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information: I have two screenshots of this from me. You can kind of see that the moon surface in the bottom right corner of the one. Unfortunately I did not get a screenshot of the moment it showed Omicron before going to the Moon terrain.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

SERVER NAME: SAS Home (passworded server)
    SEED-ID: 2881229

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Yes, but just to add the Pentaxid resources which work fine.

Reproducibility: Unknown right now
    Severity: Trivial but annoying

Summary: Planets are still growing through pre-made structures.

Description: After coming back to Omicron from the Moon testing the bug above, I stopped at the Supply Depot. There was plasma plants and space oranges growing throughout the structure. I even found a skeleton half inside the corner of a building, but I didn't screenshot that. The player will react to them as I landed on the skeleton from a jump and slide down one side and picked an orange.

Steps to Reproduce: Re-enter the planet from orbit and visit a pre-made structure.

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information: Have two screenshots to show the planets through the structures.

Attached Files:

18. Andre Merrick

Andre Merrick Lieutenant

This error is over and over and over in the Desert2 playfield Zeyhines. Once you land on the planet.. you can never leave. Its like Hotel California.

This part is from the Windows Application Event Log:

Faulting application name: Empyrion.exe, version: 5.5.0.46319, time stamp: 0x5837004a
    Faulting module name: Empyrion.exe, version: 5.5.0.46319, time stamp: 0x5837004a
    Exception code: 0x40000015
    Fault offset: 0x00000000008c4fb5
    Faulting process id: 0x3460
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d26d4240a2084e
    Faulting application path: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Empyrion.exe
    Faulting module path: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Empyrion.exe
    Report Id: 23a5ec0a-8f3a-4ca5-9349-a1dd4b112cc7
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:
    Event ID: 1000

This part is from the 804 log file for the MP Game I host on a private server.

(Filename: ..\..\PhysXCooking\src\convex\ConvexHullBuilder.cpp Line: 1479)

Gu::ConvexMesh::loadConvexHull: convex hull init failed! Try to use the PxConvexFlag::eINFLATE_CONVEX flag. (see PxToolkit::createConvexMeshSafe)

(Filename: ..\..\PhysXCooking\src\convex\ConvexMeshBuilder.cpp Line: 253)

Failed to create Convex Mesh from source mesh "mod_rocks_02_LOD0". Source mesh is likely have too many smooth surface regions. Please reduce the surface smoothness of the source mesh. Alternatively turn on Inflate Mesh and increase the Skin Width sufficiently for this mesh.

(Filename: Line: 54)

Setting scale failed, ignoring request. Please check all scaling axes are non-zero.

(Filename: Line: 218)

ConvexHullBuilder: convex hull has more than 255 polygons!

Attached Files:

19. LiftPizzas

LiftPizzas Rear Admiral

Severity: Major

Summary: Stuff in space is too hard to find

Description: The resource asteroids don't show up on radar until you're right next to them. With the scattered asteroid fields, you can literally spend hours flying around space and not run into one because space is so huge. Could we maybe get a longer detection range for them? (Yeah, I know I was whining before that the Sathium asteroids were always visible... I changed my mind, LOL.)

Same goes for the freighters.

TK85 and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  20. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Also uncool is that when ya DO find them, after ya fly away from them they re-hide & don't stay visible on the Minimap like the Planet Ore Veins do. :(

TK85 and LiftPizzas like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.