Bug Reports: Alpha Experimental 6.0 - Release Candidate 1

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Hummel-o-War, May 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

PLEASE READ FIRST

1. If you haven an issue with a Base or Vessel with temperature, radiation, colliders, can-not-dock, o2 or plants not growing or anything that happens without anything else in the game world is directly affected, please ADD THE BLUEPRINT or the SAVEGAME and add an info if SP or MP!
    If you want to add your savegame, please upload your savegame to a cloud host (like dropbox, google,..) and add a LINK to your report

2. If you having issues with something missing from your planet, spawned in the wrong place or anything that keeps being broken after resuming a savegame PLEASE UPLOAD the savegame to a cloud host (like dropbox, google etc) and add a LINK in your bug report

3. If you CRASHED with a message "Continue or Quit" on a SP or MP game, PLEASE ALWAYS add the corresponding CLIENT.LOG file! You can find it in the /LOGS folder with the appropriate version name (e.g. version folder with 1022 is for version 6.x build 1022). Please do NOT copy the contents of the Client.log files to this thread!

IF you are the server owner, please zip the corresponding LOGS folder of your server and attach it to the bug-report as well!

4. If you CRASHED back to desktop (empyion.exe does not work anymore) do the same as in (3.).

5. If you game FREEZES (locked up), please make a note that this is a FREEZE (not a "Crash"). Add the same files as in 3. and maybe add a dxdiag as well.

THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR SUPPORT! :)

-------------------------------------

Post your bugs here using the following template:

Mode: (Creative, Survival)

SERVER NAME: (If the issue happened on a public server, please add the name here)
    SEED-ID: (Please always add the SEED-ID for SingleplayerSurvival games; Open the console. The Seed is noted somewhere to the "playfield loaded" dialogue)

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Yes/No/DontKnow (<- YES if new planets or non-default playfields are used. Use DontKnow if you are not aware if anything has been changed)

Reproducibility: (Always, Sometimes, Unable)
    Severity: (Trivial, Minor, Major, Crash)

Type: (Global / O2Rooms / Temperature,Radiation / Player Armor,Boosters / Repair / Teleport,Portals / Instances / Triggers,Sensors / AIVessels / Gamestart / ... )

Summary:

Description:

Steps to Reproduce:

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:

2. Donbingo

Donbingo Active Member

Mode: Creative

MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: for now minor Minor

Type: Micro freezes all the time.

Summary:
    game freeze a splitsecond, then go on normally for a couple of seconds, then freeze again for a slit second.
    I have heard of more with that problem, mostly with bigger builds, but I got it for the first time after this newest update.

Tested in both 605 save and new savegame.

Lhetre likes this.
  3. Pantera

Pantera Well-Known Member

Can you attach a save game where its happening ?
    In a NEW game.

4. Donbingo

Donbingo Active Member

Ill just do some more test, and see if it keeps on. can also be that my computer are busy with something in the background right now..

Pantera likes this.
  5. Pantera

Also you pc specs & a screenshot of your video settings may help also.

6. Donbingo

Donbingo Active Member

It seems better right now, so I guess combination of big build, and maybe a windows activity in the background.

But got another thing. see my next post.

7. Wakfu

Wakfu Member

I also get micro freezes. I am playing on bugs server. There are usually like 50 people online. The planet I get it on mostly has its 200 max structures limit reached. Micro freezes happens when I see things loaded. The whole planet doesn't load. I didn't get this micro freezing on 5.5.1. It's true your frames can drop if the locale is heavily populated in your line of site. But the micro freeze issue is happening even though overall frames is above 50.

I am running GTX 1070. 16GB ram. Core i7 6700k.

All settings max, cept for shadows which is medium usually. Probably could turn it up now.

edit: I was getting these microfreezes from the previous patch before still. Didn't play much before 6.07

8. Donbingo

Donbingo Active Member

MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Severity: Major unless I am to blame, then its trivial ;)

Type: O2 Rooms

Summary: O2 not working properly. and neither is show airtight blocks

Description: Started new creative, and spawned the ship I am building. changed one room, and wanted to check for air.
    See screenshot:
    20170510194704_1.jpg
    Before new game and room change the whole whip was airtight, and divided so almost each room is airtight and has its own ventilator, so even if the room I just changed now is leaking, the rest of the ship should still need O2.
    I tried the show airtight blocks, but none are showing.

Edit: airtight blocks are now showing just took a while to render. (not used to that)
    and think the air problem is power related.
    I have lights and fuel but LCD screens don't work, and ventilators don't work.
    have to place some devices to see if they work.

Edit2: Think I found the problem. all devices was turned off after I spawned the BP main panel did not turn them on, so I have to turn them on one by one.
    Is that a bug or have I missed something?

Last edited: May 10, 2017
  9. dordodo 1

dordodo 1 Member

Very strange bug with Ai Patrol Vessel On Omicron!

10. Pantera

SP or MP ?
    New Game in build 1021 ?
    Can you attach a save game of this ?

11. dordodo 1

dordodo 1 Member

It Happens in new version - you can see on video.
    I start New Game (SP).
    I think all this bug appears on AMD FX-8350 (Bad Optimisation)

My save is too large..... (The uploaded file is too large.)

Last edited: May 10, 2017
  12. Wizzy

Wizzy Member

lots of people getting very low FPS and a lot lag since this patch.............

13. Yodarkore

Yodarkore Member

Huge FPS drop on populated playfields. MP broken again. Just wtf. This is getting unbearable.

I even got lag on my local creative mode, wich i hadnt before this */me trying to stay polite* .. patch. I'm eager and willing to betatest while being customer, but wow, hotfix asap please!

14. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

Please Everyone add a DXDIAG file or system specs of your rig and PLEASE also add the server name and the host if known. Thx!

15. PsychoFad

PsychoFad New Member

I am also seeing large FPS drop. Before this patch I was averaging about 30-40fps on Good setting, now I am barely able to achieve 10fps on Fast setting. The game is playing like a slideshow now, several people on the Bugs server I play on are also having this issue, some of them only getting 4fps. Also, why the change to the food bar etc, I liked the different colors, easier to see why I was dying.

Please fix the graphics, this game is becoming unplayable in this state.

My DXDiag file is now attached

Attached Files:

16. Yodarkore

Yodarkore Member

Sorry my bad, forgot about my basic beta tester job:

Servers: all public xp V6.010 xp build dedicated

Rig: i5 6600 3.30GHz , RAM: 8Go DDR4, Windows 10 Pro version 1607 14393.1198, SSD 250Mo for system +2To HD for other programs and files. GPU: NVIDIA GTX 950. All drivers up to date.

I add as a side note, i saw some players complaining too on global chat on several servers having much more stronger rigs and having issues too. Issues happen in populated servers BUT also on local creative (havent tested it solo survival i dont plan to play solo survival at all). Looks like its related to structures size, maybe..

Tried to log on some other server, 16/200 structures in playfield, couldnt even get out of my pod (starter planet snow, pvp )

17. vicomt

vicomt Well-Known Member

Neither I or my brother can get into his creative dedicated server, connection is fine, password etc, but at the end of the "loading..." phase, fps drops through the floor (like 1 frame every 2 seconds) and the loading spinner almost stalls. We can connect to his survival dedi no problems.

I had a look at the client logs, and there's nothing untoward in there. (unless you count the dozens of GfxDevice errors, which I'm discounting as not relevant, as we get those errors in the logs even when everything's working) I'll attach one anyway.

Likewise the server logs were fine, and showed us both connecting successfully.

The playfield we were connecting to is.... rather large, but certainly nowhere near as heavily populated as some I've seen. (playfield folder is 66k, entire save is 58Mb)

if it's needed, I'm sure we can get the save file uploaded somehow.... we have 99% of the work backed up in blueprints, but obviously we'd rather not lose it permanently. As a note, this save was started off around 5.3

Attached Files:

oojimaflip likes this.
  18. faxmonkey

faxmonkey New Member

Severity: Major, Crash

Type: Add/Remove Blocks

Summary: Adding or removing blocks with the multitool freezes the game for 2-5 seconds and eventually crashes it.

Description: Currently building a rather large CV with lots of signal logic. Started a fresh game after the patch, spawned my blueprint. Performance while moving the vehicle in general is abysmal, but adding/removing blocks just kills it.

Steps to Reproduce: Well, remove or add blocks.

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:
    - dxdiag attached
    - Client log attached, renamed it to .txt so i could upload it here

Attached Files:

19. :Captain:n0etics:

:Captain:n0etics: New Member

I'm cross posting this from the steam forums (http://steamcommunity.com/app/383120/discussions/2/1333474229063089380/)

Over on Bug's server, we just updated to 6.0.10 about an hour ago and the game has become unplayable for a variety of framerate and lag related issues which aren't server-based in origin. We spent a good chunk of that time running various tests to see if we could nail down the problem, and so far we've found a fair bit of information.

First off, when you're near any other large ship, such as even relatively small size-2 CVs, even ONE of them, the game's framerate drops to almost nothing. We're talking 5-10 FPS if even something like a hover vessel gets too close to a CV.

The specific range we've found is exactly on the 5.00km mark. 5.01km away and all framerate issues instantly disappear, 4.99km away and you can go from 110fps to 10fps instantly as well.

Further testing of this revealed that it seems to be either based upon the direction of the perspective of the player's ship, or more likely, their turret firing arcs. We tested with some bigger ships and it didn't seem to matter where you were, you'd get a slowdown, but they had guns facing in all directions. When we tested with my smaller ship which has all the turrets mounted for a forwards firing arc, even a size 1 CV going in front of it would drop both our framerates to 10FPS, but if the same ship got around the side or rear of my ship, then the framerate went back up to normal levels.

The framerate issues don't appear to be related at all to video settings in the slightest; players with immensely faster machines, such as twinned 1080's would drop to the exact same framerate as someone with a single GeForce 970 under the same conditions. Changing video settings has literally 0 effect on the framerate drop, and looking at a generic textured flat wall of combat steel with nothing in field of vision other than that straight wall, still leads to the same framerate drop.

The only thing which seems to alter the framerate drop is how many ships are present; at a base with many ships, the framerate will drop to 3 consistently for any player regardless of their computer's specs. Someone who runs the game at 140fps and someone who runs it at 50fps normally, will both drop to 3fps when they go near the same base with multiple docked ships for instance.

More ships makes for a bigger problem.

Another issue is that we've noticed that smaller ships, HVs in particular, no longer smooth their reported positions. Instead of fairly smooth positioning, an HV which moves about will teleport from one position to the next about twice per second, which makes it a nuisance to target them. This happens regardless of whether moving in an arc or a straight line, or if both vehicles are moving together with one chasing the other.

From our testing so far, limited though it may be, we're guessing that it's the turret arcs which are causing the slowdown, and more turrets tracking cause a greater framerate loss. The best guess is that the entire ship is having all hitboxes recalculated every 0.5 seconds. Even a player's F5 drone placed in front of a ship will cause a decrease to 20fps consistently, so it doesn't appear to be related to targeting priorities such as aiming at a core or through multiple blocks, but rather just being in the line of fire of multiple turrets will cause the slowdown.

Furthermore, the belief is that this 0.5 second positional update "ping" of smaller ships is no longer smoothing the animations and has had all predictive netcode disabled entirely.

Hopefully something in here will help you to track down the problems and correct them! We're sorry, but we're unable to test the lag shots under the current conditions as the game's unplayable in this state. Happy bug hunting!

ion_storm, Israel, rainyday and 3 others like this.
  20. BlueAvenger

BlueAvenger New Member

Please Fix 6.0.1 with Hot fix,
    There is a Rendering Problem.
    The game stutters every few seconds, and when i get 1km away from were i spawned the fps drops below 5
    sometimes i get 1 fps, completely unplayable, and i would much rather play 6.1 then a unplayable extra feature.
    Fix Rendering Issue!

Lhetre likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.