Bug Reports: Alpha Experimental 6.6.x

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by EleonGameStudios, Aug 11, 2017.

1. EleonGameStudios

EleonGameStudios Developer
    Staff Member

• Developer
    PLEASE READ FIRST!!

1. If you haven an issue with a Base or Vessel with temperature, radiation, colliders, can-not-dock, o2 or plants not growing or anything that happens without anything else in the game world is directly affected, please ADD THE BLUEPRINT or the SAVEGAME and add an info if SP or MP! If you want to add your savegame, please upload your savegame to a cloud host (like dropbox, google,..) and add a LINK to your report

2. If you having issues with something missing from your planet, spawned in the wrong place or anything that keeps being broken after resuming a savegame PLEASE UPLOAD the savegame to a cloud host (like dropbox, google etc) and add a LINK in your bug report

3. If you CRASHED with a message "Continue or Quit" on a SP or MP game, PLEASE ALWAYS add the corresponding CLIENT.LOG file! You can find it in the /LOGS folder with the appropriate version name (e.g. version folder with 1022 is for version 6.x build 1022). Please do NOT copy the contents of the Client.log files to this thread!

IF you are the server owner, please zip the corresponding LOGS folder of your server and attach it to the bug-report as well!

4. If you CRASHED back to desktop (empyion.exe does not work anymore) do the same as in (3.).

5. If you game FREEZES (locked up), please make a note that this is a FREEZE (not a "Crash"). Add the same files as in 3. and maybe add a dxdiag as well.

THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR SUPPORT! :)

-------------------------------------

Post your bugs here using the following template:

Mode: (Creative, Survival)

SERVER NAME: (If the issue happened on a public server, please add the name here)
    SEED-ID: (Please always add the SEED-ID for SingleplayerSurvival games; Open the console. The Seed is noted somewhere to the "playfield loaded" dialogue)

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Yes/No/DontKnow (<- YES if new planets or non-default playfields are used. Use DontKnow if you are not aware if anything has been changed)

Reproducibility: (Always, Sometimes, Unable)
    Severity: (Trivial, Minor, Major, Crash)

Type: (Global / O2Rooms / Temperature,Radiation / Player Armor,Boosters / Repair / Teleport,Portals / Instances / Triggers,Sensors / AIVessels / Gamestart / ... )

Summary:

Description:

Steps to Reproduce:

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:

Chris98 likes this.
  2. Captain Jack II

Captain Jack II Rear Admiral

Mode: Survival

SERVER NAME:
    SEED-ID:

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Reproducibility: Always

Type: ?

Summary: Picking an Akua Berry triggers COQ

Description: Picking an Akua Berry triggers COQ

Steps to Reproduce:

Crash in pod.
    Pick nearest Akua Berry.
    Observe COQ.

I verified cache, 1 error. Downloaded missing 65K file. Started new game, Default Scenario. Crash log emailed to support.

3. rucky

rucky Captain

Come on ;-)
    Now I can't walk standard stairs in a CV which is parked on a base-landing-pad...
    (Can't walk upstairs also in opposing positions of the stairs!)

Wie sagt man auf deutsch: "verschlimm-bessert" ;-)

My other Bug is still there of course (Link to Bug-Report with Details and Save from 6.5.x):
    UNKNOWN HIDDEN Blocks on my Vessel similar to PV-Vessel-Bug prevent sticking own Blocks

When a new Save is needed with both problems, let me know, I've made a backup.

4. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral

Can you show a example of this ?

I'm afriad this is only fixed in a new save game.

5. rucky

rucky Captain

1) take the given save, try to go the stairs up in the hangar...

2).... :(

6. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral

Reproducible in MP for you ?
    Seems to only be in SP. Which scenario ?

edit: never mind only happens in default scenario in sp & mp

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  7. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

SERVER NAME: N/A
    SEED-ID: 460631

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Reproducibility: Can't say
    Severity: Major

Type: Global

Summary: With a vessel docked to a POI that's been de-Cored, removing the last block, despawns the docked vessel.

Description: I defeated and de-cored a "Fortress" POI on Akua. I landed on said POI and began reclaiming as usual. I removed the blocks underneath my docked SV and, again as usual, it just floated there. However, upon removing the final block of the POI, my SV despawned a fraction of a second later.

Steps to Reproduce: De-Core a hostile POI. Land on it, then reclaim ALL blocks with the Multi-Tool

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links: Here is my saved game here which was taken after my SV vanished. I saved, and reloaded it to see if it would restore my SV. It has not.

Scoob.

8. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral

This is a known issue.

Until it is fixed do not dock to anything you plan to disassemble. Make sure everything is undocked & move away from the BA or CV alittle.

9. rucky

rucky Captain

SERVER NAME: -/-
    SEED-ID: 500000

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: -/-

Reproducibility: ?
    Severity: MAJOR / GAME BREAKING

Type: FIGHTING in SV : Firing Weapons WON'T function

Summary:

Extreme Lagging in Firing Rocket Launchers (and Miniguns sometimes too, often even NOT firing at all), showing a "Wait" at the Ammo-Counter in the right below window, and sometimes adding Ammo to my TOOLBAR???!!!

Description:

Now with my Save (link in previous Bug-Reports) I started with the CV into space, finding an enemy base there, that wasn't there at the time I arrived there, so I decided to go hunting ;-)

But this time I had real problems to FIRE my weapons!
    I assume this is a side effect of the reload/interrupt/changing update you have done.
    Please fix this, this is GAME BREAKING!

Steps to Reproduce:

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:

__SURVIVAL___2017-08-12_16-25-57.png

EDIT:

Another, but related Bug,
    these Ammo added to the Toolbar:

Reproducability:
    1) Shoot Rockets (or any other weapon)
    2) RELOAD
    3) During Reload Sound, Change Weapon
    4) Result: Weapon is NOT reloaded, but Ammo is added to Toolbar, but then lost when you exit/reenter vehicle

EDIT2:

a bit more testing, the first Bug seems to favor the Homing Missile Launcher as I've get this Bug at least every third firing... Standard Rocket launcher seldom, Minigun seldom

Another Note:
    While trying to shoot, Ammo is counting down, but NO ROCKET is shot - not visible rocket flying, but also no impact showing "stealth one"

EDIT3:

Railguns won't shoot at all.... oh COME ON!!!

EDIT4:

I've made a backup, see for yourself...
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/y0ct2g946xyuyl7/Empyrion_Save__SURVIVAL__-170812-1656.rar?dl=0

With this provided Save,
    Try to shoot Homing Rockets in fast order - you will see, only a small percentage will fire (if at all)
    Same goes with Railguns. Standard Rocket Launcher and Miniguns seems to not be affected in such a manner (but I had the problem with them too, as I assaulted the Base)

10. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Glad it's known, thanks for confirming. I regularly land on POI's I'm dismantling and not had this occur before. I've done it this game with the "Outpost" POI most recently.

Scoob.

11. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

That's a very old one. However, the forced auto-reloads prevented it from happening, but restoring the abillty to switch weapons during a reload appears to have brought it back.

I still think auto-reloads need to be triggered only when attempting to fire an already empty weapon. That way we can managed our own ammo, and switch manually after than last shot is fired. I used to do this already, as switching to a backup/secondary firearm should always be faster than reloading the primary.

Btw: it's ok forcing the auto-reload mechanic for testing, but I'd really rather prefer it to be optional.

Scoob.

12. Christianholmes

Christianholmes Captain

Remappping middle mouse button to "run" instead of hide toolbar does not work.

I need it as run because my left hand is screwed up and I can't do key combos. So I remapped "hide toolbar" to \ and set run to mouse 2, but it does not work.

OK, it does seem to work (I had heavy armor on and my stamina wasn't draining).

Took the armor off, and was able to run, but STAMINA is not draining!

*EDIT: Bug is that stamina is not draining when running.

*EDIT: Ok, this seems to only happen on a strationary ship in space. You can't run. Is that new?

13. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral

Please attach the save file where this is happening for you.
    Thanks.

14. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral

For the issue with the weapons not firing remove the shutter blocks you have placed infront of them & for the Homing launcher remove the Shutter blocks that are just infont of them next to the gatling guns & they work fine.

I believe this bug fix is the reason why you are now experiencing this:
    - Fixed: Possible to shoot with fully covered SV guns through triangle blocks

http://empyriononline.com/threads/alpha-experimental-6-6.12638/

Aubrey Snow and rucky like this.
  15. rucky

rucky Captain

ah okay, Elion changed that, okay, yep, now the weapons shoot again (only strange, this occured only at some weapons and not everytime)
    thanx for the heads up.

16. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

I'm entirely unable to walk up stairs either, and that's on my newly created BA on Akua. FYI: I'm using "Stairs Freestanding" in case that's relevant.

Scoob.

17. leihualiang

leihualiang Ensign

这简体中文谁翻译的,水平真差,错误百出!
    Who translated this simplified Chinese? The standard is so bad, and it's full of mistakes!

18. wildboy

wildboy Ensign

- Added Chinese (simplified + traditional): community translation by Ken Guo + professional translation

maybe you can help them out? most work is done by other community members

19. Aerdred

Aerdred Ensign

Mode: Any
    SERVER NAME: n/a
    SEED-ID: Any
    Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Minor/Major
    Type: Player CV's
    Summary: CV max speed varies with number of thrust vectors.

Description:When flying a CV in space; the top speed is ~90m/s when thrust is applied only one direction, and ramps up to ~115m/s when applied in 3 directions. I assume the difference is a bug as I can't replicate the 115m/s cap with only one vector of thrust, regardless of the number of thrusters applied.

Steps to Reproduce: Fly any CV with reasonable thrust in 3 different directions and push to cap'ed velocity when thrusting in any one, 2, and 3 of the directions (possibly best done with equal thrust in each direction). You will achieve different, and imbalanced, max speeds.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
  20. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral

This is known the top speed for CV & HV are abit off currently.
    Thanks.