[Builders League] Missing Creative Features

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hummel-o-War, Nov 6, 2016.

1. Savinwraith

Savinwraith Commander

A couple of questions out of curiosity.
    (I did a search in the forums and did not find anything regarding the following or did not see an answer that clearly answered my questions. Let me know if this has been addressed and I will remove this post. )

1. Is there an interest in having textures submitted/donated?
    -------a.If there is what size, format, ect..

2. Is there any interest in 3D model Deco Items being submitted/donated?
    -------a. If so what format/modeling engine, size ect..

Thank you,

2. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

A missing feature from Creative Mode:

Eliminate entirely, hotbar change delay. Any 'time' it takes to switch between anything in the hotbar, should be completely eliminated in Creative mode! (or at least have it as a option in the godmenu).

3. oojimaflip

oojimaflip Captain

12. In- Game Playfield Editor Widget. Expose some of the playfield settings (Sunlight settings, Environmental values, etc) in an in-game widget similar to the current helper. It would be very handy to be able to change some of these settings during runtime.

Tyrax Lightning and Frigidman like this.
  4. AstroGamer1742

AstroGamer1742 Lieutenant

1 thing should be added to the creative mode and that is:-
    when using MIRROR mode on sv, cv, hv or ba. If we remove a block or other component
    on one side using multi tool, then block or component on the other side should also be removed

5. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

Question: Why are you using the multi-tool in creative mode? :D Just shift-rmb with any block in hand, and it instantly removes (and removes in mirror).

6. AstroGamer1742

AstroGamer1742 Lieutenant

I have a habit of using multi tool and feel uncomfortable in using shift+rmb thats why. :rolleyes:

Tyrax Lightning and Frigidman like this.
  7. Captain Jack II

Captain Jack II Rear Admiral

I looked until my brain hurt, but didn't see this block out there. Anyone?

missing block.png

8. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

Doesnt exist. There is something close, but it has a half block under it.

All the 'valley' pieces for slopes also dont exist too. So maybe this was batch 1? Although I dont know where/how they are going to stuff more in a window that does not scroll.

9. Dinkelsen

Dinkelsen Captain

Its not exactly a feature, but...

Smoke Emitter Blocks
    How about "blocks" that emit smoke (or steam)? The blocks would not be solid blocks but just a placeholder that has a particle source somewhere (the center of one of the faces comes to mind) If we can customize the particles a bit we can have all smoke, steam or maybe even water we want. I imagine something

Now I know this couls lead to performance problems if someone created a building with 100 particle sources but a puff of smoke or steam here and there... I imagine this could look cool.

Machinery Blocks
    With the advent of the lab equipment blocks (and the already existiong console blocks) I am confident that this feature is also planned, but some blocks that represent generic machinery would be cool. Something like motors, pipes (small, maybe bundles), tanks, electricity cabinets (does this word exist?), cables. Or more futiristic things like EPS conduits, things that could go as cloaking devices, sensors... Things like that.

10. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

Hehe, I think you dropped this in the wrong thread ;)

Nice ideas though.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  11. robberer

robberer Commander

I don't know if i'm doing sonthing wrong in orientation but why do we have no window corner block 1x1 inverse . I want to fill this edge. But I cant get things rotated right.

Attached Files:

12. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

Have to 'aim' right, so it slides into the slot. Some of the corner windows have thin sides you have to get your crosshair on so the next block goes where you want it. A little fiddly, but you can get it to go.

13. Kieve

Kieve Captain

@Hummel-o-War I second these questions. Also third, fourth, and fifth.

14. robberer

robberer Commander

Yes, but the WarpCore 5x5 and one layer down is 3x3 . So, I can't place the window from the outside in the correct angle.

EDIT: I've just noticed that i've posted in the wrong thread. My posts should be in the missing blocks thread

Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
  15. Dinkelsen

Dinkelsen Captain

Forgive me if this has been brought up before, scanned the thread and didn't find it. Since I stumbled upon it yesterday I thought I'd mention it again:

Mirror mode only works if the structure is uneven sized, that means there must be a "center" block for the mirror plane to attach to. If you create a ship that is 15 blocks wide mirror mode works well.

But... if you create a structure that is even blocks wide, mirror mode fails, since it is attached to a block and not to the boundary between two blocks. So if you build something that is like 50x50 you cannot use mirror mode and that means a LOT of block placements...

It would be cool if mirror mode could be configured to work in such a case.

16. LiftPizzas

LiftPizzas Rear Admiral

This is an excellent idea, and it would be amazing if you could add or delete blocks at a given position (relative to the ship or base's origin)

For example:
    createblock x y z blocktype blockshape x y z (The first xyz are position, the second are rotation.)
    deleteblock x y z

A "colortexture" command could be used to set the color/texture for each of the six block sides. (They currently all have six sides, right?)
    colortexture x y z color1 color2 color3 color4 color5 color6 texture1 texture2 texture3 texture4 texture5 texture6

And to tie it all together, the ability to use a text file to execute batch console commands. This would allow external building tools without giving out file specs and it would remain easily future compatible.

17. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Umm... I forget... is the Console Command Window still suffering from that 50 Character Limit...?

18. stimdealer0001

stimdealer0001 Captain

I'm not sure if this was suggested at all yet, but I'm throwing it out there:

Ability to select multiple symmetry building planes (XY, XZ, YZ) to place 4 blocks at a time, 8 blocks at a time, etc. This was a feature in Starmade which made ship building much easier when working on simple shapes like spheres and cylinders.

19. Blackhawk

Blackhawk Commander

Been suggesting the crap out of this feature as a Starmade player myself. To no avail.

oojimaflip and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  20. Kanie

Kanie Ensign

It would be good when using the multi-tool to have the following features (sorry if already covered)
    - scaled hit-point removal on blocks - the tool removes blocks in 2 clicks (irrespective of hitpoints) - I get annoyed clicking multiple times.
    - similar for repairing blocks - but this time in one click (full repair).
    - ability to "drill" through multiple layers of blocks (to make a hole in them) - e.g. CTRL + LMB (or something similar)
    - ability to swap the shape of a block - rather than removing then replacing with the new block.