Building

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by EleonGameStudios, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Captain Jack II

Captain Jack II Rear Admiral

+1. Be sure to add this to the suggestions forum, the devs actually do see stuff there.

2. MechPilot524

MechPilot524 Captain

I hate the severely nerfed range of the Multi-Tool. Now I have to stand literally right next to a block to do anything with it.

3. Captain Jack II

You and EVERYONE else. I don't believe the behavior was intended.

Neal and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  4. Captain Jack II

I'd like to use the placement block of whatever it is, as a fill or flatten tool... er um, like the new T2 Multitool, before spawning.

5. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

It can't be Intended. The Multitool's prior range was just fine & it was completely 110% impossible for it to have been OP.

6. RasterOps

RasterOps Lieutenant

(Creative Mode)

So I found a location that the engine would let me place my base. Except for the CV parking walkway closest to the building, all blocks are touching the ground. The core is in the main building near the tower on the ground floor.

After several spawn, destroy attempts I settled on this location. (It's still too close to the mountain.) The engine seems to be fixating on the most terrain that is of the same level. Despite allowing me to raise and lower the frame before placing the structure, the engine won't let me place the structure unless there is sufficiently level space?! Based upon what? Empyrion 2016-12-31 06-56-57-71.jpg Empyrion 2016-12-31 07-23-30-79.jpg

Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
    Lhetre and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  7. Captain Jack II

Correct! That mountain looks like it's in the way.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  8. RasterOps

RasterOps Lieutenant

I used the setPosition command to place the base in a preferred position. This doesn't remove obstacles like the rocks intersecting the range at the 100 block target (no biggie). The bottom pic shows the second, foundation layer of concrete that exists for the entire CV parking lot. The target trees and the range strip also have a foundation layer of concrete blocks.
    Empyrion 2016-12-31 08-46-46-51.jpg Empyrion 2016-12-31 08-50-30-14.jpg

Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
  9. OzGoober

OzGoober Ensign

I've not read the whole thread ... I would love a way to point at a cube and "copy" it, so I can then rotate it and place said "copy". I'm repairing my CV something like this would be nice.

10. VISION305

VISION305 Rear Admiral

Yes, an option that lets you place a blue print lower. Once created the ground would flatten just like the POIs that are placed in the planets have dugout areas allowing the structure to perfectly fit inside. That way a player doesnt have to dig out everything.

But make sure this is an option because some players may want to purposefully bury something like an underground base.

Ehta, Tyrax Lightning and Neal like this.
  11. Ehta

Ehta Commander

As you can see from the picture the mountain is clearly in the way and the trees and all those little bumps in the terrain. Now where did I put all my nukes in... :D Seriously though, this game needs something like a bulldozer that can easily flatten huge areas into snooker tables. I'll see if I can build such mad thing today, since we do have drillbits for HV's :)

12. ckulp99

ckulp99 Lieutenant

The Slider system in place to let cv be bigger or smaller in blueprints does not work for pvp server. My whole server, 70 people active, cannot spawn in CVs without taking all turrets off so that it meets limits predefined. Please let Admins dictate the exact amount of guns and turrets on ships please.

13. Gary Parkin

Gary Parkin Captain

I'm seeing some questions on things that I recently learned and would love to share.

Deconstruction Tool:
    The deconstruction tool is dual purpose, if you press F

if you leave it in this mode, it will return back the components of the part.
    20170131080037_1.jpg

If you set it to this mode, it will return the entire part.
    20170131080041_1.jpg

NOTE: This only works if the base/ship is set to Private mode. It will not work on a public structure, because it will return the components in both modes.

If you press P on a base/ship, you can change the public, private, or faction here.
    20170131080116_1.jpg

Changing Ship/Base Name:
    This is not intuitive at all, but someone kindly showed me.
    Press P on the base/ship, and if you click the name, and highlight it, it will let you change it.
    Don't forget to press Enter after changing the name.
    20170131080108_1.jpg

Changing the Daylight Hours:
    This is so much fun, I use it even in Survivor mode.
    Currently, I believe it's 20 min real time = 1 hour of game time. That's too short for me.

In creative, if you press Esc, there's a button to bring up debug stuff.
    20170131080128_1.jpg

Here you can change the time of day, AND the amount of time in a day.
    20170131080137_1.jpg

If you move the top slider, it'll cycle through day and night. Use this for testing lights, or building in the daytime.
    If you move the bottom slider, it will make the time pass sooner (to the right) or longer (to the left).

I always set my bottom slider to 1 or 2, because I want more daylight.
    Note: On my system, if I set it to 1, it leaves it at 0, if I set it to 2, it leaves at 1. Not a big deal but I wanted you to know.

Ok, so how do I use this in Survivor, you ask?
    Press the tilde key, it's the one to the left of the 1 key that looks like this ~.
    It'll bring up a screen with stuff on it.
    Type in debugmenu and press enter, then Esc to close the menu.

I haven't played with all the options but my favorite ones are daylight and hours in a day.
    20170131080202_1.jpg

I truly hope this helps someone. We should have a perm. thread for these kinds of things. I'm sure there's a ton of stuff I don't know.
    If any of my info is wrong, please let me know.

Oh, one last thing. If you're not on a protected server, and playing on your own, you can type godmode in the tilde screen, which will allow you to fly around and move through walls. Excellent when you're building something so you can see what's on the other side of the wall, or below it before you punch that hole for the elevator.

14. Captain Jack II

Once you enable godmode, you can toggle between being god, and not, buy pressing "G" (default).

Oh, and once you discover the console, there are commands here that will make life infinitely easier while being creative:

15. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

Why is that list not in the EGS Wiki linked from the top of this forum? Hmm.

16. Gary Parkin

Gary Parkin Captain

I would be happy to contribute to the wiki. Do I have rights I wonder?

Building question: Did the Dev's nerf the Deconstruction Tool? It seems to me much weaker, and use way more clips now.
    5 shots as opposed to 2 last time, to remove a steel block. And I'm using up a lot of clips.

17. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

Hm. I'm not sure. Honestly I've been in creative building for so long, I've not used that new wigglywheel multi-tool since before when blocks were all lower HP and such lol! I didn't see any notes about changing it.

18. Gary Parkin

Gary Parkin Captain

In creative mode I saw this. I use the multitool to remove blocks because I almost always remove the wrong one with the shift key.

Tyrax Lightning and Frigidman like this.
  19. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

Oh ! Haha... hmm. Yeah, it depends what block I have in hand, the ease of removing what I want. I'm terrible though in building, I remove more blocks than I end up having placed ;) I keep fussing and changing and fussing. I guess after thousands of removals... one gets the knack of its targetting behaviors.

20. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Because we're all lazy & find it easier to just look them up in-game with the help Command in the Console so we don't have to Alt + Tab out of the game for it. :p

Are ya using the T1 Multitool or the T2 Multitool?