Building

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by EleonGameStudios, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Ticonderoga

Ticonderoga Ensign

Sorry if I did not notice, but I did not find in the game designer, in which it would be possible to design equipment without entering the game. Now it does not look very comfortable.

2. Geneticus

Geneticus Lieutenant

How about a builder drone? You place the frame for a block, then the builder drone gets the materials from storage and follows behind, welding, hammering, occasionally breaking things (gets better over time). Could be a nice comical diversion and give the engineer types something to tinker with. Reprograming your drone, adding components, new modules, adjusting the AI, etc. It could be a minigame all it's own.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2015
    Michael Robison likes this.
  3. Ticonderoga

Ticonderoga Ensign

A few more comments.
    1) Set blocks groups is very convenient, but remove the blocks (in creative) one by one, it is a real torment.
    2) I can't rename, and delete projects (buttons are inactive). Are you seriously?
    3) After installing the gun arms each received a single slot (in the toolbar), but still work together. Why give out personal slots? This is confusing.

Eviscerator and WolfAmaril like this.
  4. leewells2000

leewells2000 Lieutenant

I'm liking the building system, though I find myself missing the Space Engineers version of placing a skeleton of a block and having to use the repair tool to build it from there with appropiate stuff in the inventory, yet it also seems the game kinda offers a relief to that as well.

I think it would be a great idea to seperate the production machine from refining ores. The smaller machine would be fine for processing basic ores, but I think at end-game it seems a little OP to be out mining the green ores and refining them while you mine.

5. WolfAmaril

WolfAmaril Lieutenant

I definitely want a way to rename my buildings and ships, that's probably my largest annoyance at the moment.

6. mcsproot

mcsproot Commander

Pretty sure you can. Press P while in cockpit/inside a base. Look at the lower right of the control panel. There will be a section for name. You can alter this to whatever you want.

7. WolfAmaril

WolfAmaril Lieutenant

One thing I've found with the newer updates: When I go to the larger structures on planets and the abandoned space stations, nothing is shooting at me, and I do mean nothing. Slightly disappointing when I've spent so much time building up a personal arsenal on the scale of one Anthony Stark.

8. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

Ive had that happen also WolfAmaril , I think its an AI script bug, seems to fail to active sometimes and allows a player to fly right up to the station unharmed.
    Given Eleon is a small team right now, Im sure they will get to AI problems soon enough.
    I know them drones in space are just awesome fun even with the rudimentary AI they have now.

What we really need there is a targeting system for our small ships, hitting them moving drones while yawing , sheesh !

9. WolfAmaril

WolfAmaril Lieutenant

Yeah, no kidding. I think it would make the missile launchers just a wee bit more usable if they were homing missiles.

10. Arcillama

Arcillama Ensign

Building is extremly time consuming event I would change:

- Add more charge to deconstructor
    - Able to remove block without destroing it (mostly you place block or array of block by accident to wrong location or want quickly move it because you creating new design and dont have proper idea how it would look like) otherwise you havbe to use Space Eng. approach and place templates first and then replace em by correct block
    - decrease time do dismatle block it tooks ages to make slight correctin to your design)
    - able to copy / paste parts of desing (USE CASE: I want to design module of ship and then plae it on several place of ship (e.g wing with engine and weapons then i will place left, right and on the top of ship
    - this would also be handy when repairing ship : Use Story = remove damaged wing/ armor arouind cocpit , then just place that component from list of component blueprint

- also repair of damaged block should be little automatic (USER STory = I have several block of armor in my inventory and they will be placed acordingly to place where they beleong if I use some tool (welder) and right click on location instead of five minutes rotating theese block and need to remeber what the hell was here before.

I would appreciate all the changes be implemented otherwise builling out of creative mode is not what you can do without rip you hair off.

11. Captain_Brian

Captain_Brian Commander

I WANT TO LIVE ON MY SHIP!

I think you should be able to build everything on the SV that you can on the CV, except for the hyperdrive of course. It just doesn't make sense to me that you can't build stuff like the Food Processor without building a giant mothership. I want to be able to walk around my ship and have it be like my home without it being a mothership that can't land on planets. (I want a Firefly or SSV Normandy without being forced to build a Galactica to survive.)

Or alternatively, as others have said, you could add a MV (Medium-Sized Space Vehicle) that allows planetary landing of the SV and all the blocks of the CV but no hyperdrive.

12. Captain_Brian

Captain_Brian Commander

The deconstruct tool needs to only effect the block you're targeting and not randomly damage blocks around it. It's really bothersome th as the you have to constantly repair everything around it, and when doing long stretches of blocks it will sometimes damage other blocks to to the point of destruction.

It also needs to be much faster, as right now it's much faster to just go mine for more ore rather than try to salvage anything.

Duckroll likes this.
  13. mcsproot

mcsproot Commander

The deconstruct ability seems to use the same range as the drill, rather that targeting a specific block. So if you stand really close, you're going to hit the block behind once the block you're working on is demolished.

I do agree it should be a bit faster, I thought the speed in the pre-release was good. I believe this is more of a measure to stop people using the deconstruction to bypass defenses in a base/alien tower etc.

14. Captain_Brian

Captain_Brian Commander

Ah, I could see that!

Ok, how about this? Slow (current speed) deconstruction on non-player owned objects, but fast deconstruction on unowned or player owned objects. So once the core is destroyed\deconstructed, the process speeds up considerably, as well as being fast on a player's own equipment.

Bonzia19 likes this.
  15. Nymea

Nymea Lieutenant

I would like the ability to control daylight in creative mode ... I have poor eyesight and find it pretty much impossible to build in the dark .. which has me sitting around while it is dark waiting for the sun to come back up. In survival mode I get by ... usually go mining when it is dark and back to building when it is light again ... but in creative the idea is to play with designs etc so why have day/night?

16. RICHARD LAWRENCE

RICHARD LAWRENCE Ensign

I agree. Working on the underside is a nightmare -should be a space dock with a robotic arm which can twist and turn the vessel in any direction so as to make it easier to work on.

17. Captain_Brian

Captain_Brian Commander

I'd be fine even with just landing gear actually "grabbing" onto things. Then you could just build the base block on an elevated truss, then attach it to an overhead truss with a landing gear, and finally remove the bottom truss to suspend it in the air. After that you could build out the bottom and then disable the landing gear on the overhead truss to drop the ship to the ground.

Bonzia19 likes this.
  18. The Blue Thunder

The Blue Thunder Lieutenant

My feed back on building, is that its okay its just missing one corner shape that is very important to create an acute angle wing or curvy or sharp part of a ship look cool here is an example of the shape needed for this: And this shape is used in StarMade and FromTheDepths
    Its the middle shape and I would like it a lot if it was in the game as do as my faction team and members.
    [​IMG]

19. Eredain

Eredain Ensign

Game have many blocks and systems it is good. But build system may be better. Not... Must be better.
    1) Symmetrical mod... Only one symmetrical plane!? When i setup second plane firs is not work. Im watched video tutrial and see you do not use two symmery plane.
    2) Need armor blocks. Hevy armor. Composite armor. More armor type.

20. Duckroll

Duckroll Lieutenant

This please, all this. Takes so long to destroy misplaced blocks and salvage things. Make salvaging take a long time once we have a robot we can set to the task for us.