Capital Vessel

Discussion in 'Questions, Discussions & Feedback' started by EleonGameStudios, Aug 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DuLux

DuLux Captain

Hi all,\

I'm looking for a middle-of-the-road CV that has a good "combat rating" meaning it can take some direct fire before losing it's core.

Does anyone have a reco?

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  2. Deltran 2

Deltran 2 Lieutenant

3. hardkopy

hardkopy Lieutenant

[​IMG]

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=866172624

This ship is loosely based on the rebels battleship from The Mandate. Pictured above.

I like making junky looking ships and this has got to be the junkiest I have made in my 1400+ hours of playing. I get an idea in my head then completely forget it while I'm building, losing all sight of the original vision and ending up with something far removed from the project I began. Hence why it is named "Beauty and The Beast".

She is ugly as sin on outside but she has an awesome heart, a bountiful garden, many secret places and you can play on her deck.

No symmetry plane was used as each side, front and rear are vastly different from one another, so it is asymmetrical in design. each side has been lovingly crafted to look as ugly as hell and I think I achieved that goal.

PVP:
    That being said, its not just a ship. Its a PVP Arena, full of corridors, bulkheads, tunnels, medic and oxygen throughout so you can randomly spawn back into the ship, take a wiff of air and resume running around like a chicken with its head cut off shooting each other. Heaps of unique and interesting sniper positions ;)

Corridors are long and dark and the only light you will see is that NOOB running toward you with a torchlight on :p

I built the ship specifically as a PVP Map for Server Admins to host events on and use as an Enemy POI. Players can also use it as it has everything you normally find in a CV, so you can warp to other solar systems and host your clan event in any planetary orbit.

If mass murder is getting a little tedious, take advantage of the 'Nova Ball' ™ Court or hop over into the Beer Garden for a bender. Both are Aft of the top deck.

I would not recommend it for normal play unless you really like the ship, in which case, you would have to carry out some major surgery as the access ways are a veritable maze of conjoined corridors. I would consider creating normal access to each room but to remove the maze and extra cost would be a nightmare. Therefore, the maze and extra cost would remain.

It is not armed, that is up to you, but the ship has everything required of a functional cv.

Attached Files:

4. hardkopy

hardkopy Lieutenant

[​IMG]

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=855219586

I built this in survival mode in Akua orbit on medium difficulty which made for interesting game as I had to watch my life signs, be wary of drones and pirate freighters for materials in addition to mining raw materials on planets and moons :)

The meaning of the name Arvion is 'Powerful and Complete' 'A planner, not a Builder' and someone who allocates others to carry out their plans.

Well, keeping in the spirit of the last part, This Freighter has only a 32 plot garden (loads of room for more) 2x Advanced constructors and the bare essentials for power to engines and to sustain other electronic components. The rest is up to you to fill it up with whatever you like.

I did it this way not to be lazy but to give you the player a goal in your survival game to finish the ship you want to build. This is how I will be building my survival ships from henceforth, basically empty hulls for you to fill up. They will have all the necessary running gear but not much else. Decor, weapons etc will be up to you.

Full combat steel hull. Double thickness in sensitive areas. Handles like an SV.

Attached Files:

5. hardkopy

hardkopy Lieutenant

[​IMG]

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=860078907

The Onin Samurai draws its name from The Onin War which lasted from 1467 to 1477, during the Muromachi period in Japan. Ōnin refers to the Japanese era during which the war was fought.

The war initiated the Sengoku period, "the Warring States period". This period was a long, drawn-out struggle for domination by individual daimyo, resulting in a mass power-struggle between the various houses to gain Shogun title and dominate the whole of Japan.

All main details of the Battleship are in the screenshots provided. Each fuel tank has been separated by a wall of combat steel. There is a 2 block thickness of combat steel above and below the entire fuel bank. The entire ship interior is protected by at least a 2 block thickness of combat steel 4x in sensitive areas. Main thrusters are also covered in armour in the guise of pipes and baffles made from various block shapes.

I have not tested the ship in PVP and being a PVE player, I followed tutorials for weapon type and placement from the PVP community. If Armour counts in a fight, this ship should last the battle.

I am toying with the idea of removing the 9x7 underside hanger door and building an escape pod bank in the space provided. Let me know what you think and what other additions/alterations you would like.

I appreciate feedback of any type, so please even you are visiting and do not intend to subscribe, let me know your opinion.

Enjoy.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Bigfeet, Desus, rainyday and 2 others like this.
  6. hardkopy

hardkopy Lieutenant

[​IMG]

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=858251448

Onin Warlord is the frigate, samurai is the battleship

Now unlocks at level 15. I removed the drill turret as it unlocks at level 18.

The Onin Warlord takes its name from the Japanese civil war of 1467 to 1477 (Shengoku period) when the title for Shogun was fought.

Unlocks At Level 18, Full Combat Steel, 4xFuel T3, 2x02+station, Medic, Grav Gen, Warp core+Gen, 2xT2 Generators, 12 Plot Garden, T2Fridge,1xProccessor,3xCargo, Ship Repair Unit. 2xPulse Laser Turrets, 1 x Drill Turret. Plenty of hard points to add more.

I left out things such as ADV Constructor and Xtra cargo 2 keep price down, however there is plenty of room for 2 plus more cargo containers. I've also left out ammo containers so you put them where you want.

Iron: 10830
    Sathium: 3490
    Cobalt: 1410
    Silicon: 1170
    Copper: 660
    Neodymium: 100
    Zascosium: 20
    Erestrum: 20
    Raw Plastic: 20
    Growing Plots: 12

Enjoy

Please leave feedback, your opinion is valuable and helps me design better vessels.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Desus, rainyday and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  7. hardkopy

hardkopy Lieutenant

[​IMG]

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=853966736

Not just a capital vessel. She is a mobile luxury workhorse for a large clan with up to 26 players. sporting 4 Mining laser turrets. Her octagonal shape allows for mining ores from all sides, so no need to continuously adjust position, just access the nearest MLT to the asteroid.

I avoided placing weapon turrets, I'll leave that up to you if you want use her for pvp and or pve protection against drones. Her Hull is entirely made of 2 thicknesses of combat steel. Mass is 20.8kt.

Centre of the outside top deck is a quick repair landing pad to land and repair any size ship. Inner top deck, there is a generous bridge with pilot desk and 6 passenger bays. Aft of the top deck is a fibre processing plant, 3 standard cargo containers, 2 T2 fridges and a food processor along with 18 fibre plots.

Her middle deck is the main hangar area with hangar doors 9x5, 4 observation posts from which you can see around the whole ship and you can walk around her generous mid outer deck. Hell you could even place picnic tables around it and have a revolving restaurant.

Attached Files:

rainyday and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  8. hardkopy

hardkopy Lieutenant

Not really a contender for content of the month, however, a very fun build.
    [​IMG]
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=878628804

You've got "The Finger" Now, Give Them "The BOOT"

Not much to say, fairly bare bones. Additional besides running essentials are ADV constructor + Plus Cargo, O2, Medice Bay, 7 Large Ammunition crates, (no weapons), Warp Tank, Rediculously Oversized Warp Coil, (Blame the devs) There should be different sized warp coils per tier scale of vessel IMO. And, A very sexy player core sacrificial alter.

I've kept the combat steel untextured for that rugged look. Largely unpainted interior so go hard with your own colour choice.

Thats about it. Im working on "The Right Boot" which is the Base equivalent and will be prettier :)

As always ... Enjoy

Feedback of all natures is muchly appreciated.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
  9. DuLux

DuLux Captain

10. hardkopy

hardkopy Lieutenant

[​IMG]

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=878722219

If the left foot fails, you always have "The Right Boot" to get in that much needed kick.

As you may have guessed already this is the Brother to "The Left Boot" which is a CV. This one however is a base, again very bare bones yet tastefully decorated.

It also has a sacrificial core alter as does its brother but this one is built with statues and not lovingly carved from block shapes.

There are a couple of generators, a fuel bank and a gravity unit (Yes some planets have zero gravity). Mid deck is a lounge area. Above that is the possibility for 2 more decks as seen by the balconies outside. I have left this up your imagination to flesh out in your own taste and building style along with any units you may desire.

As always, enjoy my creations and please provide feedback in any form (If its POS, tell me:)

Attached Files:

Siege Inc. and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  11. DuLux

DuLux Captain

The Neutronium is just my type of vehicle! Cheap and Fast. Just like I like my....

My testing goes like this for all CVs:

1. Approach Alien Output

2. Loop around the base and satellites and wait until the satellites are disabled. (Depending on the version, it takes a while since often e.g. rocket or plasma turrets decide do not fire)

3. Fly away and assess damage.

4. Fly in and park for about 10 seconds and soak up more damage from the base.

5. Disable everything except for Core targeting, Begin circling again

6. Re-assess.

This CV passed albeit we lost some Durians.

Tyrax Lightning and rainyday like this.
  12. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

... oh no, how how are you going to make canned vegetables now? :rolleyes:

13. Watcher330

Watcher330 Commander

Attached Files:

14. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

LOL if only it was actually possible for this Boot to literally kick people's asses. XD

P.S. Ya forgot the Workshop Link, unless ya are keeping this one for yourself.

Like a Empyrionized Star Destroyer! :D

15. hardkopy

hardkopy Lieutenant

@ Tyrax Lightning: Link added, Thanks :)

16. Asmodyus

Asmodyus Lieutenant

Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
    Tyrax Lightning and Siege Inc. like this.
  17. freepartyfr

freepartyfr Ensign

18. finktunes

finktunes Ensign

The Bastion Striker, a PVP medium sized gunship with lots of firepower. Spawn this into a PVP game and add on turrets to your server's limit for maximum fun. Double combat steel on the outside, with at least 6 layers of combat steel between the outside and the core.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=879413558 previewfile_879413558.jpg 879413558_preview_20170308085057_1.jpg 879413558_preview_20170308083949_1.jpg 879413558_preview_20170308084059_1.jpg 879413558_preview_20170308084352_1.jpg 879413558_preview_20170308083958_1.jpg 879413558_preview_20170308164922_1.jpg

19. finktunes

finktunes Ensign

20. finktunes

finktunes Ensign

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.